PDA

View Full Version : How to run on an Android tablet?

DogComplex
April 9th, 2020, 15:19
I'm going to start using FG for the first time. Never played D&D over the web before.

I will be DM-ing and my wife will be one of my players. However we only have one PC in the house, which we figured I should use.

How do I get FG running on an android tablet for her?

Zacchaeus
April 9th, 2020, 16:13
Hi DogComplex, welcome to FG

FG Classic only runs on Windows; Unity runs on Windows and Mac with Linux on the way.

So unless an Android also runs windows getting it to run on one isn't possible.

LordEntrails
April 9th, 2020, 16:29
There are some people who have reported using FG on tablets, sort of. What they do is run it on another computer and then cast/display it on the tablet. So I don't think that's going to help in your situation.

Do you have a second screen or TV you can hook to your computer? You could run a second instance of FG on your computer and display there for your wife to see. You still probably want to control the keyboard and mouse for her, but then she could have a player view of her stuff and character sheet.

GavinRuneblade
April 10th, 2020, 04:03
Here is the thread about how people get it working on tablets. As LordEntrails mentions it is by connecting to a computer:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44105-Fantasy-Grounds-works-pretty-good-on-an-Android-Tablet