PDA

View Full Version : Until Basic Functionality for High Activity Windows is Optimized, FGU is Unusable

ViktorReznov101
April 9th, 2020, 09:06
I've noticed with the Beta almost immediately, as both a player and a GM, that character and NPC sheets with many actions slow the program to a halt. I'm not sure how effectual this is, but I'm also running the game on a 4k monitor. I feel as though my hardware should be able to handle this, however (AMD 3700x, 32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM. GTX 1070ti, yada yada). When I pulled up my 14th level pf2e character, who admittedly has a bloated Actions tab on their character sheet, and switch to the actions tab, the entire program continuously runs at below 5 fps, which makes window navigation completely unplayable. I don't have this problem at all with FGC, so it seems to be an optimization issue with FGU. This is also true when many NPC character sheets are open while DMing.

I can't possibly recommend this program in this state. Of course, if there's a way to remedy this, help would be appreciated.

superteddy57
April 9th, 2020, 09:31
We thank you for reporting issues that you are seeing. I am sorry to hear your game is being bogged down. We are currently working towards performance and every bit of information is helping us get things working as intended. Networking issues are currently being focused to get players connected to their hosts. We will continue looking into performance reports like yours and see if we find a cause and get it fixed.