PDA

View Full Version : Anyone care to join a poll when there's clearly nothing in it for you?

JetMD75
April 9th, 2020, 03:23
So...What's the actual ratio?

JetMD75
April 9th, 2020, 11:32
Wow. this has not been my experience at all. I guess I'll wait for more data? wow. just...wow.

I would like to show for the record...the stats show, at this point, that the majority skews toward "i prefer to DM..".

Wow. I must be doing something seriously wrong trying to find a group.lol

Coffers
April 9th, 2020, 11:35
JetMD75: With only 10 voting so far it isn't a big enough sample to read anything in to. :)

Kazee
April 9th, 2020, 20:49
My option is not on there - I am an experienced DM, but have gotten too busy with life to reliably commit to time for the prep, so I am looking for a group as a player.

Though with the pandemic situation right now, a lot of time has just opened up...

Dark Lord Galen
April 9th, 2020, 21:06
Haven't been a player in more than 40 years (except the occasional fill-in role at a convention for others that need an extra). Started Playing in 1979. Many renditions growing from tabletop wargaming into RPG. So I have seen many evolutions through the years. But, became the full time caretaker of our sandbox in 1981 when our DM moved away for college. I "inherited our campaign" and with the help of many generations of players that moved from high school, college, and the armed forces have grown it into the world it is today.

So I have been a DM (GM is a term I see applied to non- D&D) for 40 years in june of this year continually running the same campaign setting. Though countless NPCs and generations of PCs, it has allowed the sandbox world we play in to grow some wonderful back history and subplots. Someone has to be the caretaker of that legacy and expand it for others in the future. for me its coming home to an old friend with a continued collective story that never ends.

So cast my lot in for DM only...

The Dark Lord Galen
aka
GM the DM