PDA

View Full Version : Running syrinscape through FGU?

Steve Geddes
April 9th, 2020, 01:47
Is this possible? Or is it possible down the track, maybe?

More broadly - how do people using FG incorporate music/soundscapes?

mattekure
April 9th, 2020, 02:05

There are two extensions currently for triggering sounds in Syrinscape from Fantasy Grounds. One is available here on the forums by user Celestian. The other I wrote and sell on DMsGuild. https://www.dmsguild.com/product/301496/Fantasy-Grounds-Syrinscape-Sound-Links?affiliate_id=712946

You can use it to trigger any sounds you own in syrinscape and the extension allows you to use either the syrinscape online player or the older Genre players (fantasy/sci-fi). Also, it has the ability to automatically play sounds based on defined triggers that appear in the chat. So for example, you could play a fanfare or something when a critical hit is rolled.

Steve Geddes
April 9th, 2020, 02:17
That sounds great. I did watch the video on DMs guild, can you just confirm though: Does it allow one to set background music/soundscapes as well?

Also, does it work on unity as well as classic?

mattekure
April 9th, 2020, 02:21
It does work in both Classic and Unity. Unity is still in beta and has not been through performance tuning, so many users have reported a very long wait time when you try to open the sounds window. I am hoping that as Unity nears release, that will improve.

The extension will allow you to trigger any sounds in syrinscape. So things like background music/soundscapes are generally referred to as "Moods" which loop and can be very rich and complex. You also have "One-Shots" which play once and stop.

If you have a supersyrin subscription, you have the option of using their online soundset creator to upload your own sounds and then import them into your game. Instructions are included with the extension.

Steve Geddes
April 9th, 2020, 03:26
Awesome. Thanks.

celestian
April 9th, 2020, 03:36

AudioOverseer works with FGC and FGU. Allows for triggers and collections (multiple background ambient sounds triggered in one link) and sound links all that can be directly linked into story entries or anywhere you can place links. Syrinscape offers the best 3rd party support at this time. 3rd party apps other than Syrinscape can be used with basic trigger support.

Watch the video in the thread and see if it does what you want. The extension is free.

AudioOverseer thread. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53583-AudioOverseer-(Audio-Management-Extension))

If/when FGU adds direct support for sounds AudioOverseer will be updated to include such features.

KidKnee
December 18th, 2020, 16:34
Hello Mattekure,
I was hoping you could help me with your Syrinscape Mod. I purchased the Mod through DMsguild. I have am using the current free version of Syrinscape to see if the mod works and the sounds play before committing additional funds. I placed the ext file in the proper folder along with the mod file. I then authenticated the token in FGU and also downloaded the csv file replacing the previous sound links module. I then restarted FGU but none of the free sounds play. Instead, I get an additional window pop up giving me a message that I will need an additional app to run it and to search for a program to run.
Thanks for any insight.

WindrunnerCGG
December 18th, 2020, 17:41
Do you use Discord KidKnee? Mattekure (and others) on both the Fantasy Grounds College (https://discord.gg/X62PwCsD) and Rob2e (https://discord.gg/UXGskCzF) Discord servers can help you out.

Windrunner

mattekure
December 18th, 2020, 17:59
Hello Mattekure,
I was hoping you could help me with your Syrinscape Mod. I purchased the Mod through DMsguild. I have am using the current free version of Syrinscape to see if the mod works and the sounds play before committing additional funds. I placed the ext file in the proper folder along with the mod file. I then authenticated the token in FGU and also downloaded the csv file replacing the previous sound links module. I then restarted FGU but none of the free sounds play. Instead, I get an additional window pop up giving me a message that I will need an additional app to run it and to search for a program to run.
Thanks for any insight.

Couple of questions for you.

What OS are you using?
What version of FG are you using?
What syrinscape player are you using?

Generally if you get the pop up you described it means there is a mismatch in what player fg the hunks you are using. For example fg thinks you are using the syrinscape online player but you have the syrinscape fantasy player installed. In the options in fg there is an option to choose the syrinscape online player or syrinscape genre players (fantasy, sci-fi, boardgame)

KidKnee
December 19th, 2020, 00:45
Microsoft 64 bit
Fantasy grounds unity, updated
Syrinscape, not sure exactly, the app says fantasy player. I downloaded the free version and have an account but thought I could test out the sounds before I subscribe.

KidKnee
December 19th, 2020, 00:46
I am on discord and will check that out as well.

mattekure
December 19th, 2020, 00:52
Microsoft 64 bit
Fantasy grounds unity, updated
Syrinscape, not sure exactly, the app says fantasy player. I downloaded the free version and have an account but thought I could test out the sounds before I subscribe.

You certainly can test out the sounds before you subscribe. If you are using the Fantasy player, you have 2 steps. first you need to make sure the player is running and you have downloaded the sounds you want to test. Then in FG, you need to go to the options and set hte player Type to Syrinscape Genre.

https://imgur.com/MC7IgVO.jpg

mattekure
December 19th, 2020, 00:57
One more suggestion. The default syrisncape sound module that comes with the extension has a ton of sounds that require a subscription or purchase. But I created a web service so you can quickly and easily create your own sound links module with only the sounds you have access to. So there wont be dead links.

Head over to https://mattekure.com/Syrin2FG/ and follow the instructions to download your syrinscape CSV file, and then upload it to the website to get your personal soundlink module. replace the old one, make sure you dont have 2 sound links modules in the folder.

KidKnee
December 19th, 2020, 02:57
Much appreciated, your stuff is great. Thanks so much.

spencerg
September 10th, 2022, 00:06
I know its an ancient thread at this time, but I'm thinking of purchasing both robs new extensions, and a pro sub. for syrinscape. My only question is this... I noticed alot of additional setup in other videos I watched, .. aka virtual cables, piping through discord, ect. ect. IS all this extra work still relevant? Or can I use the webplayer, and just have them open a tab in the background? we will be using discord, but all the extra steps required to set this up really put me off initially. Whats the best implementation in your opinion? I simply want to get it up and running, use discord to chat, and have them be able to hear things I trigger...
Any help greatly appreciated!

Jiminimonka
September 10th, 2022, 00:16
I know its an ancient thread at this time, but I'm thinking of purchasing both robs new extensions, and a pro sub. for syrinscape. My only question is this... I noticed alot of additional setup in other videos I watched, .. aka virtual cables, piping through discord, ect. ect. IS all this extra work still relevant? Or can I use the webplayer, and just have them open a tab in the background? we will be using discord, but all the extra steps required to set this up really put me off initially. Whats the best implementation in your opinion? I simply want to get it up and running, use discord to chat, and have them be able to hear things I trigger...
Any help greatly appreciated!

Syrinscape integration is coming to FG in the near future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huR16WriUVg

Sneak Peak video

spencerg
September 10th, 2022, 00:21
Syrinscape integration is coming to FG in the near future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPC-U3R38KA&

Sneak Peak video

awesome, I heard this was coming but didnt see the video. The question still remains, IF I wanted to use now, using the webplayer, will I have to screw with virtual cables and discords bots...because that just feels like a house of cards. IF i share the audio link with them, and they keep their browser open in the background, they should be able to hear everything I trigger, as well as us being to talk on discord correct? Audio is definitely not my strong suite, lol.

I was thinking of buying these two extensions from Rob in the meantime, so that I can trigger it directly from the game... but it sounds like that will be obsolete when an official integration happens... still, it may be worth it if its going to take along while.

Appreciate the help very much.

Moon Wizard
September 10th, 2022, 01:03
The Syrinscape web player does require each player to open a web page to the Syrinscape site on their own computers, which will then play the sounds shared by the GM through the Syrinscape session. No virtual cables or Discord bots required; though you can only play sounds available on your Syrinscape account.

Regards,
JPG

spencerg
September 10th, 2022, 03:31
perfecto, i just set it all up. Thank you for helping/confirming what i suspected. Cannot wait for an official integration. I must say, opening my game to hear Rage automatically cry out was awesome! lol