PDA

View Full Version : LFP: Front line worker on 2 week on, 2 week off schedule.

zBeeble
April 9th, 2020, 00:30
I'm going to DM for my Sister, who is a frontline worker here in Ontario Canada (Veterinarian) on a 2 week on 2 week off schedule. We're going to try for Tuesday and Friday, Tuesday and Friday and then 2 weeks of no sessions --- so this would start the 14th.

If you are interested after reading this, please PM me.

Please do not continue to apply to this post after the 14th --- I will ignore.

FG License: Ultimate (demo clients welcome)
Game System: 5e D&D

Time Zone: EDT
Day of week and time: Tuesday and Friday 6 to not later than 10.
If new game, planned start date: 14th April
Planned Duration & Frequency: twice a week for two weeks, then two weeks off.
Term: until it's done.

Text or Voice: voice
Voice software used: discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? no

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: 4 to 6
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level, from the books.
Character restrictions: from the books.

Details of your scenario: Lost Mines of Phandelver

Link to Gamecalendar page: so far, 14th, 17th, 21st and 24th April (following dates would be in May, two weeks afterwards).

Phithis
April 9th, 2020, 04:03
I might be interested. Would the group continue after Phandelver?

zBeeble
April 9th, 2020, 04:30
Well... The best answer I can give is that it's likely. Being a frontline worker in this happy apocalypse, My sister's situation is fluid. Right now, the practice is alternating 2 week shifts so that any potential undiscovered infection doesn't wipe out the whole clinic. So... we might have to modify schedule or we might have to postpone if there is a major mishap.

But I'm running other groups ... so at the very least I can promise players a priority for other slots.

If we continue (and while I know I can buy lots of things online)... I have been preparing Curse of Strahd and I've read through Rise of Tiamat / Horde of the Dragon Queen.

Of course, that's assuming you all like me (and each other) well enough.

Maybe I could say that I intend on riding this crazy out with some serious role playing ... both as player and DM while maintaining maximum social distance. During the non-end-times I really like personal interaction ... and will probably at_least have my usual group. BUT THAT ALL SAID, you guys can keep trying to convince me with quality experiences.