PDA

View Full Version : Error message preventing play

WarPoodle
April 8th, 2020, 21:59
I am sorry to post this, but I cannot find any reference to this issue anywhere. Starting today, I see an error message after about 10 minutes of time logged in to my friend's game. The message reads as follows:
[<color="red">ERROR</color>] NETWORK: Noble Connect [1236622]: Unhandled error: Wrong credentials: the realm value is incorrect

This error occurs in the 5E ruleset, as well as others. I can reproduce the issue after restarting. I have no extensions enabled.
To reproduce the issue, all I need to do is load into a campaign, and wait. It seems like clicking and typing often instigates the issue, although it will still happen even if I do nothing. At some point, maybe 10 minutes later, the game will throw me an error log, and kick me out to the menu screen. It appears to the host that I am still logged on to the game. If I try to reconnect, the game tells me that a client with my username is already in the game. Kicking me from the game server allows me to rejoin.

I am running Windows 10 (fully updated), English language FGU. New campaign, not migrated.

Is there anything I can do about this? It is preventing me from playing. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling (fully, with manually deleting the residual game files), updating windows, downloading C++ Redistributable, re-entering my login info into the setup screen. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

LordEntrails
April 8th, 2020, 22:03
Welcome :)

Are other people connected to the same host? Do they have problems? What ISP does your friend the host have? Might be flood protection or Advanced Security on their end. But we're going to need to know more info to help you troubleshoot.

See; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51687-How-to-Report-Issues-Bugs-and-Problems

WarPoodle
April 9th, 2020, 00:09
added info to original post. Others can connect with no issue. ISP is Comcast/Xfinity.

LordEntrails
April 9th, 2020, 17:44
added info to original post. Others can connect with no issue. ISP is Comcast/Xfinity.
Please have the GM read the following post; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53461-Comcast-XFinity-and-Cox-Users-Important

Moon Wizard
April 9th, 2020, 21:04
I sent a note to the developer for the network facilitation service; so we'll see if they have anything to add. However, the post LordEntrails provided may actually end up being the culprit. (i.e. Xfinity Advanced Security)

Regards,
JPG

WarPoodle
April 16th, 2020, 01:18
He has confirmed that that he has read and performed those actions on that post, before we started having these issues. He tried redoing the process, but we are still having the issue. This doesn't seem to be an issue for any of the other players. Does that still indicate an ISP issue?

Moon Wizard
April 16th, 2020, 08:34
Thanks for the details. Let me check with the network facilitation service developer tomorrow. In the mean time, can you please have the GM provide both the console.log and network.log files right after this happens?

You can access the logs in the FGU data folder; or via opening console and using the Copy This Log and Copy Network Log buttons.
The default location for FGU data folder is: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\
You can open the console by clicking the button in upper left (in launcher mode), or by typing /console (in tabletop mode).

Thanks,
JPG

WarPoodle
April 23rd, 2020, 01:11
Files attached. Had to trim the network log because of file size. The disconnect happened at 6:53.

WarPoodle
April 27th, 2020, 01:14
Here are my logs fwiw

OldCowboyGames
May 19th, 2020, 20:34
was there a fix to this? im having same issue.

WarPoodle
May 19th, 2020, 20:36
I'll confirm tomorrow during full play testing, but I appear to have solved the issue. My ISP was using CGNAT. I bought a static IP from them, and my initial testing seems good. I'll report back late tomorrow.

Grommit57
May 21st, 2020, 00:13
CGNAT - Bet that's it. Not a good combo with gaming.

WarPoodle
May 21st, 2020, 02:22
Confirmed fixed