PDA

View Full Version : Reconvert personal module to an adventure ?

Sasmira
April 8th, 2020, 18:55
Hello, Hello

(sorry again if my english is poor ... DeepL is my friend atm... :))

I have a noob's question :
- I create an adventure
- I create an module
- I delete my adventure ...

Few months later, I decide to modify my adventure... but I deleted it... can I reconvert my Module in adventure ? Can you explain to me how I can do that?

S.

Zacchaeus
April 8th, 2020, 19:22
You would need to start a new campaign; open the module in that campaign and copy everything from the module. Close the module and do your edits and then export.

Sasmira
April 8th, 2020, 19:29
You would need to start a new campaign; open the module in that campaign and copy everything from the module. Close the module and do your edits and then export.

Hello Zacchaeus,

Thank you for your answer. When you say "copy", it's copy/paste ? correct ? not a drag'n'drop ?

madman
April 8th, 2020, 19:41
You could paste all the information into a new campaign as well. will take some work in the XML.

Create a new campaign.
open the db.xml

Open up the module(unzip it)
open the db.xml

copy all of the encounter, NPC, parcel and whatnot info to the campaign db.xml under the correct tag
this way you will have to redrop links for things like images you have made in story pages and elsewhere.

Or as Zacc says, drag and drop make your edits. you will have to open both modules to do it this way though.
Been some time since i have had to do it. so this is IIRC

Madman

Zacchaeus
April 8th, 2020, 19:42
I do mean drag and drop. So for any story, NPC, item etc open the list and then for each entry drag it a little and drop it back into the window list. This will copy that story, NPC etc. You'll need to do this for everything in the module.

Sasmira
April 8th, 2020, 20:09
Ok thank you for your help :)

damned
April 8th, 2020, 23:25
You can do it either way - you can create a new campaign and open the module and drag each theing from the module into FG
or create the new campaign, copy one new item of each type that is in your module.
Quit FG, access the XML of the campaign and of the module and do some copy-paste.

Sasmira
April 8th, 2020, 23:50
hmm There's something I don't understand. If we can export in module why can't we import a module to a campaign more easily ... it's just the opposite :D you need an application for that ! :D

damned
April 8th, 2020, 23:54
hmm There's something I don't understand. If we can export in module why can't we import a module to a campaign more easily ... it's just the opposite :D you need an application for that ! :D

Because someone has to write code to do that. And that takes time and effort. And time can only be spent once. So it should be spent where you want it most.

Sasmira
April 9th, 2020, 00:01
Because someone has to write code to do that. And that takes time and effort. And time can only be spent once. So it should be spent where you want it most.

WoW ... hmm Okay, it was just a comment, that the import/export is not native for this :)

Trenloe
April 9th, 2020, 13:04
Just because you can export doesn’t mean that you can import - for reasons damned mentions, also because this is very, very rarely needed. And, as mentioned, you can drag/drop records. So the functionality to import records from a module is there.

Ultimately - don’t delete your module making campaign! ;-)

Sasmira
April 9th, 2020, 14:13
Just because you can export doesn’t mean that you can import - for reasons damned mentions, also because this is very, very rarely needed. And, as mentioned, you can drag/drop records. So the functionality to import records from a module is there.

Ultimately - don’t delete your module making campaign! ;-)

Oui oui ... I understand. Write on a Sticky : DON'T DELETE THE MODULE !!!!

Hey @Trenloe ! One day ! one Theme :D