PDA

View Full Version : Why CLOSED Adding Unskilled Skill Roll to Characters

alfarobl
April 8th, 2020, 15:11
I wanted to add that I had the same issue, if you modify that value it gets funky... I think I had that issue with Jackofalltrades or something similar. So you should somehow fix a way to don't allow to get into a problem or leave it so people can edit it. Maybe an option?

MadBeardMan
April 8th, 2020, 22:40
I wanted to add that I had the same issue, if you modify that value it gets funky... I think I had that issue with Jackofalltrades or something similar. So you should somehow fix a way to don't allow to get into a problem or leave it so people can edit it. Maybe an option?

Hi,

I'm not understanding. The unskilled is a non-editable skill because it's there for everyone who doesn't have JoaT. So they can make an unskilled roll for something they don't have, as that's at -3 as standard. JoaT only make a difference if it's at level 1 or higher.

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
April 8th, 2020, 23:13
Problem is if you edit those numbers manually by mistake. If you remove that -3 from there it breaks.

MadBeardMan
April 8th, 2020, 23:16
Problem is if you edit those numbers manually by mistake. If you remove that -3 from there it breaks.

You talking of the Unskilled? I'm going to make it so you can't edit the description in my next session on MGT2.

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
April 8th, 2020, 23:26
I reported it a while back ago in December about Jack of all Trades Skill (similar to the issue that the Closed thread was talking about with Unskilled). You can check a better description of the issue here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51017-Official-MGT2e-Bug-Report-Thread&p=468592&viewfull=1#post468592

MadBeardMan
April 8th, 2020, 23:30
Ok thanks, posts can get hidden and lost in larger threads, always best to recap.

I fixed a JoaT skill issue recently, and I'll stop the Unskilled from being touched as soon as I can.

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
April 8th, 2020, 23:33
Ok thanks, posts can get hidden and lost in larger threads, always best to recap.

I fixed a JoaT skill issue recently, and I'll stop the Unskilled from being touched as soon as I can.

Cheers,
MBM

Thank you! Great news!