PDA

View Full Version : Website Constructive Criticism

GregRex
April 8th, 2020, 15:03
Hi guys I have a little constructive criticism about the Fantasy Grounds Website. (If this belongs somewhere else please move it to the appropriate sub-forum)

CC: I think the landing page for Fantasy Grounds is turning away potential players. There needs to be an obvious link to finding and scheduling games. Reliance on forums and sub-forums to link to a game calendar that is not clearly embedded in the website is a model that I suspect is losing hundreds of potential new players (customers). People coming to the Fantasy Grounds website literally have no idea where to begin to find a game.

Next, I find it frustrating as a DM to use your Game Calendar and have to link it to a LFP forum to attract new players. The calendar itself could stand to get some upgrades. It is missing the options to clearly define if the game is FGC or FGU and license required by the players. Technically I could put that in the description but the GUI is so bad I can only view about 20 characters at a time to edit.

On the topic of the calendar; I'd love to share my calendar of events/campaigns on social media. The ability to share links with my friends and family without them having to sort the entire game calendar to find me would be phenomenal.

Finally, I want to say I love playing D&D on Fantasy Grounds. I want to be able to connect with more players and have them easily be able to connect with me.

Cheers,

GregRex

superteddy57
April 8th, 2020, 16:01
Thank you for the post. We appreciate when suggestions are offered. We will take your criticism into consideration. Also in my signature is a great link to provide and vote on ideas for what we may do next. Please check it out and relay any other ideas to us.

GregRex
April 8th, 2020, 16:03
Great, thank you!

JohnD
April 8th, 2020, 16:13
The game calendar has been largely seen as lacking for some years now. Good feedback.

There are abandoned games in there galore for one thing.