PDA

View Full Version : Creating Maps Issues

JHale1966
April 8th, 2020, 12:52
FGU: 4/4/20 - 5E

I'm playing around with creating maps using my Heroic Maps files (that I sized down to 50px). I'm finding:

1) That if I place a single graphic on a clean page, I can't edit it until I add a second image.
2) Despite the number of images I have on the screen, if I place a grid, I can't edit ANY of the images until I add a NEW image to the screen.

I'm wondering if this is a known issue. It's workable but a bit kludgy.

Thanks!

Jiminimonka
April 8th, 2020, 21:02
I'm having similar issues - and the grid doesn't show up no matter what colour I pick its almost invisible (and thats not because I have it set to translucent).

Zacchaeus
April 8th, 2020, 21:24
I'm having similar issues - and the grid doesn't show up no matter what colour I pick its almost invisible (and thats not because I have it set to translucent).

I'm seeing the grid fine.

Zacchaeus
April 8th, 2020, 21:27
FGU: 4/4/20 - 5E

I'm playing around with creating maps using my Heroic Maps files (that I sized down to 50px). I'm finding:

1) That if I place a single graphic on a clean page, I can't edit it until I add a second image.
2) Despite the number of images I have on the screen, if I place a grid, I can't edit ANY of the images until I add a NEW image to the screen.

I'm wondering if this is a known issue. It's workable but a bit kludgy.

Thanks!

You aren't seeing the edit buttons when you place an image? Can you provide some screenshots perhaps?

Jiminimonka
April 8th, 2020, 22:11
I'm seeing the grid fine.

Zacchaeus
April 8th, 2020, 22:23
Zoom in a bit.

You also have it at 15 pixels so that quite wee.

Jiminimonka
April 12th, 2020, 16:18
I looked at Doug doing the video about us helping with LOS mapping. His grid shows up without being zoomed in, and he fades it out.

Grids should be clear all the time without the need to zoom in. On a white or gray background a grid should be clearly visible no matter how small the size is, and really it should be clear all the time. So this is a bug report I guess. D&D without graph or hex paper? No thanks.

Zacchaeus
April 12th, 2020, 16:51
I looked at Doug doing the video about us helping with LOS mapping. His grid shows up without being zoomed in, and he fades it out.

This is my experience to. If I start a new image make the window a big bigger and then click on show grid I can see it right away. But that is at the default of 50 px. If I change it to 15 then it is harder to see and disappears as you zoom out. I don't know if that is intended behaviour but I imagine that with a small grid like that and zoomed out if the grid was bolder it would just be like a blob of colour since you wouldn't be able to see the gaps between the lines.

Grids should be clear all the time without the need to zoom in. On a white or gray background a grid should be clearly visible no matter how small the size is, and really it should be clear all the time. So this is a bug report I guess. D&D without graph or hex paper? No thanks.

As above really. I'm no graphics guy but I imagine there has to be some limit on visibility if you are zoomed out. Also I was just guessing that was why you couldn't see the grid - that you had drawn a tiny grid on a huge canvas.

However Carl''s the guy so once he sees this no doubt he'll chip in.

pindercarl
April 12th, 2020, 17:03
Not all images are maps. Therefore, although there is an implicit 50x50 grid on all images, they are not displayed by default on a new image. If you explicitly set the size, color, or visibility of the grid then it should be visible.

Zacchaeus is also correct that the grids are designed to fade out as the image is zoomed out. Unlike FGC, images in FGU are unbounded. As such, you are able to zoom out to the point that a grid would be displayed at less than are equal to one display pixel per grid.

Jiminimonka
April 16th, 2020, 14:42
OK, thanks for the information.