PDA

View Full Version : Ruleset errors after update

Paul_L
April 8th, 2020, 09:51
I just did an update and tried to create a new 5e game with all the rules and got the following errors:
Ruleset Error: die: Defined with a merge attribute, but the name attribute (rF) does not match an existing die. Skipped. File (gameelements.xml)
Ruleset Error: die: Defined with a merge attribute, but the name attribute (gF) does not match an existing die. Skipped. File (gameelements.xml)
Ruleset Error: die: Defined with a merge attribute, but the name attribute (bF) does not match an existing die. Skipped. File (gameelements.xml)
Ruleset Error: die: Defined with a merge attribute, but the name attribute (pF) does not match an existing die. Skipped. File (gameelements.xml)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:9: attempt to call field 'addEffectTagIconConditional' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string ""]:1: attempt to set a value for an invalid handler 'onLockChanged'

Zacchaeus
April 8th, 2020, 10:24
Are you running any extensions? If so try a new campaign without extensions. If the issue goes away then check that you are using the most recent version of the extensions you are using.

Paul_L
April 8th, 2020, 10:28
Same errors when I try to start a new campaign without extensions

Trenloe
April 8th, 2020, 10:58
Please provide a screenshot of the FG chat window after he campaign loads so that we can verify the exact versions of everything you’re loading.

Paul_L
April 8th, 2020, 11:11

Trenloe
April 8th, 2020, 11:40
Thanks for posting the screenshot.

You have a pretty old version of CoreRPG there. Make sure you don’t have an unzipped directory in your <FG App Data>\rulesets directory. If not, delete CoreRPG.pak and run an update.

Paul_L
April 8th, 2020, 14:00
deleting the CoreRPG.pak didn't change anything (it was in rulesets, not modules), so I put it back. Here is my rulesets directory.

Trenloe
April 8th, 2020, 14:06
deleting the CoreRPG.pak didn't change anything (it was in rulesets, not modules), so I put it back. Here is my rulesets directory.
Sorry, my quick typing error - just replace "modules" with "rulesets" in my post above.

As I mentioned, check for unzipped directories. An unzipped directory overrides the .pak file of the same name. You have unzipped both the CoreRPG and 2E rulesets last year. Delete those directories.