PDA

View Full Version : Combat Tracker - Grouped NPCs (Collapsing Accordion)

qdwag
April 7th, 2020, 18:27
Hi,

Does anyone know how to stop grouped NPCs in the CT from collapsing under the accordion? It's so annoying that I have to open it up each time. When the next actor goes, the accordion closes up again.https://i.imgur.com/ftKZaHl.jpg

wyndhydra
April 8th, 2020, 14:26
qdwag, I had that same issue when I played the other day.

qdwag
April 8th, 2020, 14:28
qdwag, I had that same issue when I played the other day.

Yeah right?? It's annoying. The group accordion closes up each time and I can't actually see which NPC is attacking (and also their stats). It should really remain open if I click on the Group icon.

wyndhydra
April 8th, 2020, 14:40
Totally agreed, it was an absolute pain. I am guessing you were also in FGU? I'm not sure, but it might be a bug. Maybe see if others chime in. If so, report it on the Unity page.

qdwag
April 8th, 2020, 14:41
Yup. Unity.

I hope more people chime in on this to confirm. I don't recall seeing this as a known bug though. Perhaps I'm wrong.

rodney418
April 8th, 2020, 22:19
Can confirm I'm having the same problem in FG Unity. Very irritating.

wyndhydra
April 9th, 2020, 02:54
Is there any way a Mod could move this over to the FG Unity board? Seems like there are enough of us that it is probably a bug on the FGU side.

Kurtboard
April 10th, 2020, 17:25
Was just about to respond about multiple Combat tracker issues and after updating this morning it seems they have all been resolved!

qdwag
April 10th, 2020, 17:33
The good news is, mass deleting NPC groups via the Menu works now. Thank you!

But with grouped NPCs, the accordion still keeps closing after hitting the "next combatant" button. I hope this gets sorted next. Super tedious to have to keep opening the group accordion just to see what's happening.

Ikael
April 13th, 2020, 22:12
This is by design. Accordion is expanded whenever interaction is needed for member and collapsed otherwise. To understand the frustration, I would need to know use-case scenario where do you need to have the accordion expanded all the time?

qdwag
April 14th, 2020, 04:40
Ikael: Okay as an example in Savage Worlds, here is a scenario:

- I pull in a group of NPCs into the CT. They are grouped.
- I start the combat turn sequence, and now it's the group's turn
- The first NPC in the group gets to act, and it is highlighted in Red in the CT, which is great.
- I hit next actor, and the CT cycles to the next NPC within the group.

At this point, I can't see which of the NPCs within the group is acting, because the accordion is collapsed. If there are say 5 NPCs in the group, it is important to know which one is acting because some NPCs may be within melee range of the players, and some may not be.

I don't need the accordion to be expanded all the time, but there is a group button that can be clicked in the CT - this is a manual action that expands the accordion. If I clicked that, it should stay open. Having it close up after every action causes me to have to click open at each time to find out which NPC is acting.

I apologise for the lengthy explanation, but I hope you know what I mean?

Ikael
April 14th, 2020, 07:18
Are you using FGU because that's not how it works on FGC. The accordion should keep expanded because it is they group's turn. I checked this on FGC and it works as expected.

If this issue is happening in FGU I would recommend posting the issue in FGU forum threads.

rodney418
April 14th, 2020, 08:29
Yes, it's an FGU issue.

qdwag
April 14th, 2020, 09:56
Yeah using FGU. Thanks for clarifying the bug.

qdwag
April 19th, 2020, 10:30
OMG, this has been fixed!! Thank you to whoever patched this annoying bug. SO happy. ;)

qdwag
April 19th, 2020, 10:32
Actually I spoke too soon. Ignore that.