PDA

View Full Version : LFP - Need 5 Players - Sat or Sun Night 8AM EST USA - New Group - System TBD

nosirrome
April 7th, 2020, 18:25
Overview: Below is a description based upon the template provide in the sticky for game listings. I am looking for others who are mature, reasonable, flexible, and seek fun above else. Currently, there is no established group but would like to get a regular group to meet on Sat or Sun mornings EST. I am interested in playing D&D 5e, Deadlands, Starfinder, or Mutants & Masterminds. I am using FG Unity on my Mac but I am very new to the software. I have been gaming for decades though. I am willing to GM and I have an Ultimate subscription so you just need the free version of FGU. Everything below is subject to discussion except for the meeting time. :)

FG Version: Fantasy Grounds Unity
FG License: GM has Ultimate license
Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: EST (USA)
Day of week and time: Saturday mornings 8am
If new game, planned start date: Saturday, Apri 11 (pre-game)l
Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 hour sessions, minimum every other week
Term: Indefinite

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: Mixed
Number of Players in game & needed: Currently 5 players but additional players are welcome
Character starting level & equipment: New characters only
Character restrictions: TBD

Henmen
April 7th, 2020, 18:37
Good afternoon,
I am looking to join a campaign. Saturday mornings would work out better for me so that I could attend church on Sundays. I am also located East Coast so the time would be perfect. I have discord. I am fairly new to FG, but I am seeing how powerful it is and I am really enjoying it. I am a newish player to D&D 5e, last time I play D&D was 15-16 years ago. I would like to learn starfinder, but would also learn anything.

nosirrome
April 7th, 2020, 18:59
Great and welcome! Sounds like we just need to find four more intrepid adventurers...

KushMaster69X
April 7th, 2020, 21:50
I'm happy to play whatever. I think Saturdays would be a little better for me but I can do either.

nosirrome
April 7th, 2020, 22:20
Sounds great. We are appearing to have more players. I think we have three players who have expressed interest now. (One was a private message.)

It looks like Saturday 8am will be the time.

We need to decide what system...

machinegunn1
April 7th, 2020, 23:17
i would definetly be down to play saturday mornings and love to play new systems

Saggar1
April 7th, 2020, 23:29
Overview: Below is a description based upon the template provide in the sticky for game listings. I am looking for others who are mature, reasonable, flexible, and seek fun above else. Currently, there is no established group but would like to get a regular group to meet on Sat or Sun mornings EST. I am interested in playing D&D 5e, Deadlands, Starfinder, or Mutants & Masterminds. I am using FG Unity on my Mac but I am very new to the software. I have been gaming for decades though. I am willing to GM and I have an Ultimate subscription so you just need the free version of FGU. Everything below is subject to discussion except for the meeting time. :)

FG Version: Fantasy Grounds Unity
FG License: GM has Ultimate license
Game System: TBD (D&D 5e, Deadlands, Starfinder, Mutants & Masterminds

Time Zone: EST (USA)
Day of week and time: Saturday or Sunday mornings 8am
If new game, planned start date: TBD
Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 hour sessions, minimum every other week
Term: Indefinite

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord (?)
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: Mixed
Number of Players in game & needed: Currently 0 players, would like 5 total
Character starting level & equipment: New characters only
Character restrictions: TBD

I'm interested for Sat as well

Saggar1
April 7th, 2020, 23:31
Sounds great. We are appearing to have more players. I think we have three players who have expressed interest now. (One was a private message.)

It looks like Saturday 8am will be the time.

We need to decide what system...

I am familiar with 5e, so I would prefer that if that works. However, I am open to previous versions.

Alzarian Crimson
April 7th, 2020, 23:50
I would vote for 5e but I’m open to a different system.

Henmen
April 7th, 2020, 23:52
I am good with 5e.

nosirrome
April 7th, 2020, 23:55
I think that makes five and everyone seems to like Saturday. Also I would like to meet at 8AM - 12PM EST.

I want to reiterate that I have Ultimate license and am using FG Unity.

I would like to used Discord for voice chat.

Finally there’s the question of the system. Here’s my list of choices I order:
1. D&D 5e
2. Deadlands
3. Starfinder
4. Mutants & Masterminds

Everyone chime in and we can decide.

Saggar1
April 8th, 2020, 00:22
I think that makes five and everyone seems to like Saturday. Also I would like to meet at 8AM - 12PM EST.

1. D&D 5e
2. Deadlands
3. Starfinder
4. Mutants & Masterminds

5e preferred. Also, I have FG Discord Channel for voice only.

Saggar1
April 8th, 2020, 00:24

1. D&D 5e
2. Deadlands
3. Starfinder
4. Mutants & Masterminds

Oh btw.. are we doing a character creation in session or should we do that before Saturday?

Henmen
April 8th, 2020, 00:29
I think we should start with 5e.

nosirrome
April 8th, 2020, 00:32
I don’t think we will be able to start a full game until next Saturday but we could have a pre-game session this Saturday to set up characters, etc.

Thoughts?

Saggar1
April 8th, 2020, 00:38
I don’t think we will be able to start a full game until next Saturday but we could have a pre-game session this Saturday to set up characters, etc.

Thoughts?

Sounds good to me. Anybody already have a class in mind (e.g. barbarian, fighter, rogue etc)? If so, I would just maybe pick our classes now so we have an idea of the party composition and then be ready to build on Saturday?

I would also suggest we use the standard array (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, and 8) just so no one character is more over powered over the other, it would also save time on rolling stats on discord.

machinegunn1
April 8th, 2020, 00:41
i am happy with 5e but much prefer 4d6 drop lowest for stats

Henmen
April 8th, 2020, 00:42
A mini session on saturday for character creation sounds like a plan. I am thinking a druid for my character class. I am good with eitherway of rolling for stats or standard array.

Saggar1
April 8th, 2020, 00:44
i am happy with 5e but much prefer 4d6 drop lowest for stats

How about we comprimise, we can roll for stats, but if the roll does not go so well, we can default to standard array?

nosirrome
April 8th, 2020, 00:45
In lieu of rolling stats, how about using a point buy system?

Saggar1
April 8th, 2020, 00:45
A mini session on saturday for character creation sounds like a plan. I am thinking a druid for my character class. I am good with eitherway of rolling for stats or standard array.

Circle of the moon?

Saggar1
April 8th, 2020, 00:46
In lieu of rolling stats, how about using a point buy system?

I'm good with that too

Henmen
April 8th, 2020, 00:52
Circle of the moon?

Yea I am thinking Circle of the Moon

Saggar1
April 8th, 2020, 00:53
Yea I am thinking Circle of the Moon

Cool.

machinegunn1
April 8th, 2020, 00:54
since were using 5e whats the restriction on books just basic PHB or all the books allowed?

Diomitus
April 8th, 2020, 01:22
Any room left here?

Roque4114
April 8th, 2020, 02:55
Interested in playing. I am also est so that fits my schedule. I am familiar with 5e and starfinder/pathfinder1/2e but fairly new to FG. If you still looking for people to play I would be happy to play.

Alzarian Crimson
April 8th, 2020, 02:56
I’m thinking rogue/mage for me.

Saggar1
April 8th, 2020, 04:10
since were using 5e whats the restriction on books just basic PHB or all the books allowed?

Along the same lines, but I was curious as to what races we could use?

nosirrome
April 8th, 2020, 13:09
I have sent a friend request to everyone who has responded to this thread. If you want to join the group, please accept my request.

Regarding what rules should be allowed, please post which books you want to include. I will try to add them to the game and share them with everyone via FGU.

As a DISCLAIMER, I am relatively new to FGU. I am currently going over the functionality and setting up the game for next Saturday. I apologize in advance for any clumsiness on my part.

I am new to Discord but I think it will be more enjoyable to use voice chat where possible to improve the social aspects of the game. I am going to setup my own Discord server for this campaign since I basically "own" this campaign. In this way, if a person opts to leave the group, we are not tied to someone's Discord server who is not part of the group. I also think that we should only use Discord for voice capabilities and not anything else like dice bots, etc.

Please feel free to comment.

Henmen
April 8th, 2020, 13:16
I have not recieved a friend request. I am new to FGU as well but I think that it is fairly top notch. I have seen some of the features and there are some unique things. I really like the Line of Sight feature for the maps, but that takes time to do. As for rulesets I am only familiar with the standard PHB but I am willing to try new things.

Saggar1
April 8th, 2020, 15:04
Looking forward to playing in your group. Monster Manual would be a good addition to expand on the races to chose from, I was thinking of playing a Goblin or Goliath, but I am flexible to whatever the party needs. For example; if we do not have many tanks or fighters I can be that, if we need healer's I can do paladin or cleric.

nosirrome
April 8th, 2020, 16:19
For everyone who has expressed an interest, please send me a friend request to officially join the group.

I'll be sending out information about the Discord server sometime later today. I'm putting that together now.

Also, if anyone has any particular books they want to use, please post that information. I will try to get add those into my collection by Saturday so they can be shared with the group.

machinegunn1
April 8th, 2020, 16:30
volo's guide to monsters (includes more races to play), xanathar's guide to everything (adds a lot more of options to play with) and eberron up to you and everyone else if you want that

TruZer0
April 8th, 2020, 16:38
Hello,
I would love to do a starfinder game or even FATE core if you have not looked into that one.
Discord: TruZer0@2018

EduAlec
April 8th, 2020, 20:47
I'd love to participate if at all possible. I'd love to play any of this games. Txs

nosirrome
April 8th, 2020, 21:43
As a reminder please send me a friend request if you want to join the group. We will be playing D&D 5e on Sat mornings at 8am EST. It’s possible that we might be able to have a second group where we play something else but that’s another discussion.

I will send the Discord server in a private message.

nosirrome
April 8th, 2020, 21:43
You are welcome to join!

I'd love to participate if at all possible. I'd love to play any of this games. Txs

nosirrome
April 8th, 2020, 21:44
I’m interested in other games but currently I’m focused on getting this D&D 5e campaign going.

Hello,
I would love to do a starfinder game or even FATE core if you have not looked into that one.
Discord: TruZer0@2018

nosirrome
April 8th, 2020, 22:34
I’m ok with including almost anything but isn’t Eberron a steampunk setting? Is that the kind of setting that everyone is into? Again I’m down with most anything...

volo's guide to monsters (includes more races to play), xanathar's guide to everything (adds a lot more of options to play with) and eberron up to you and everyone else if you want that

KrptDrgn
April 9th, 2020, 01:24
Wondering if there's still room left in the campaign for a player?

nosirrome
April 9th, 2020, 01:32
Read this thread if you haven’t already. If you are still interested, send me a friend request.

Thanks!

machinegunn1
April 9th, 2020, 06:55
eberron is pretty steampunky so its up to you if you want to add it or not also depending on the adventure your running but warforged can be fun

mexitechie
April 9th, 2020, 18:41
If there is still room, where do we send the friend request?

Have played only a few sessions of 5E. Not very experienced with FG. Would prefer Starfinder if another group is formed, but ok with 5E.

nosirrome
April 9th, 2020, 19:26
Currently only a few others have sent me a friend request so there are still spots left. However five is not a hard limit so I’m not concerned about excessive numbers yet.

I’m not an expert at these forums, but if you click your user name and select “My Profile” where you will a section called “Friends & Contacts”. Click “More” and find the section named “Add a member to your list”. Add my username ‘nosirrome’ and click “Add Friend”.

In retrospect, I’m not sure if Friend or Contact is more appropriate but others have sent me a friend request. I guess that’s how we will do it until someone argues against that.

Thanks for everyone’s interest!

Ron Lumsden
April 9th, 2020, 19:48
Hello Nosirrome,
I would like to admit that im very interested in your campaign proposal for there 5e campaign.
I am an older more mature, semi-retired fellow. I started D&D back with basic and advanced D&D and then joined the adult world.
I was reintroduced to D&D and 5e when I had the time almost 2 years ago.

I love the RP value of getting into character and adding flourishes to my combat with descriptions of what im thinking when rolling my dice to attack or cast spells.

Hoping to hear from you and become an adventurer in your campaign

nosirrome
April 10th, 2020, 08:07
As a reminder, if you want to be a part of the group, you MUST send me a friend request. I will send the Discord server to you through a private message.

Also, READ THIS THREAD. Lots of preliminary talk has already taken place here but the final details will be decided and covered through text and voice on Discord.

nosirrome
April 11th, 2020, 07:15
This group is now CLOSED to new members at this time. We have exceeded the target of five members. I will post if and when more members will be accepted.