PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds: Learn the Ropes?

Wargamer777
February 6th, 2007, 05:20
I'm considering purchasing FG VERY soon, a bundle package for me as the GM and all of my players.

With that in mind, are there any GM's out there who have been using FG for quite a while that would be able to connect to my client and show me the ropes? Sorta go through all the details? Hope so!

Been playing DND since the late 70's and 80's... FG will allow me to get my old group back together for some gaming goodness.

Let me know...

Billy

Jingo
February 7th, 2007, 04:24
I suggest downloading the demo. Then host a game with it. Then run a 2nd instance of it on your same machine to connect locally. Then you can see what the player sees and what the DM sees by toggling between the two. Just play around and figure out how things work. That's what I did to learn it. Also, get familiar with the short cut keys available.

https://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Fantasy_Grounds

Good luck! FG is a lot of fun!

ZephCommander
February 7th, 2007, 09:16
I personally found playing with the client alone was a good way for me to get used to the program's abilities. If there was something I wanted to learn to do, I would check the manual or the boards for advice. Hope you get good at it, and host a few games!

Zeph

keltheos
February 12th, 2007, 20:21
I suggest downloading the demo. Then host a game with it. Then run a 2nd instance of it on your same machine to connect locally. Then you can see what the player sees and what the DM sees by toggling between the two. Just play around and figure out how things work. That's what I did to learn it. Also, get familiar with the short cut keys available.

Any way to save this shortcut document to a hard drive without having to be online?

keltheos
February 12th, 2007, 20:22

Any way to save this shortcut document to a hard drive without having to be online when referencing it? Currently it only saves as a shortcut to the original image.

Dachannien
February 12th, 2007, 23:49
Right click the image and pick "save image as" or "save picture as", depending on your browser.

Cantstanzya
February 13th, 2007, 00:15
Any way to save this shortcut document to a hard drive without having to be online when referencing it? Currently it only saves as a shortcut to the original image.Click on the link and go to the page. Once your browser loads the page click on File-Save Page As and then save it to your hard drive. Now you have access to this page even when you are not online by clicking on the .html file where you saved it on your hard drive.

Jingo
February 13th, 2007, 16:04
I actually saved the image on my hard drive in my campaign's images folder so I can open up the shortcuts inside FG as needed.