PDA

View Full Version : Target No. in CoreRPG

ArnoutBrokking
April 7th, 2020, 11:08
I'm trying to shoehorn some homebrew (Victorian mystery) content into the CoreRPG, and am having a lot of fun with it (as even someone with my limited technical talents can get quite far).

I can't however seem to figure out how to set a Target Number (bottom left hand corner in the GM Screen) and Exploding Dice, similar to the way Savage Worlds has a target number for most rolls of 4. Is there an easy way to do it? Or even a mildly difficult way? Or has it been under my nose the whole time, and should I hang my head in shame?

Thanks in advance!

damned
April 7th, 2020, 12:07
Welcome ArnoutBrokking

That box is the Modifier window (at least that is what I think you are looking at) rather than a target number box.
You can look at a few dice extensions that have been loaded over time - Count Successes and Drop Lowest are two.
You can look at existing rulesets and see how they build a dice roller.
I think Trenloe posted a guide to building a dice roller which was very good but I cant find it.
You might also look at MoreCore - it might have everything you need already.

Trenloe
April 7th, 2020, 12:12
I think Trenloe posted a guide to building a dice roller which was very good but I cant find it.
The title wasn't great. I've renamed it and it can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35531-Coding-dice-rolls-(actions)-in-CoreRPG

ArnoutBrokking
April 7th, 2020, 12:29
Thanks for the quick replies, guys!

Yeah, I'm not looking to change the modifier window, but add a target number box etc. I'll check out your options!