PDA

View Full Version : Other WoD settings?

Mgrancey
April 6th, 2020, 19:29
Anyone working on rules sets or extensions for other WoD stuff like Werewolf, Hunter, Mage, Exalted? Not sure how much 5e fits with with them as I prefer Old WoD; and Dark Ages over Masquarade.

Redwulfe
April 6th, 2020, 21:33
You can find out more about the 20th aniversary edition stuff here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19662-Vampire-the-Masquerade-Ruleset-for-FG3

Valyar
April 7th, 2020, 17:55
This ruleset is for 5e of Vampire, the Masquerade. While systems are similar, I don't think it can be used directly. Also, keep in mind that at the moment there is no other setting planned by WW, or at least not announced publicly :)

Fear Grounds
April 7th, 2020, 18:52
There is work being done to bring Werewolf the Apocalypse, up to 5E. Renegade Game Studios(Hunters Entertainment) has partnered with Paradox(White Wolf), to produce the newest installment. It is slated to be released in 2021.

Sadly, I wouldn't look for any OFFICIAL new World of Darkness settings until then.

i3ullseye
April 7th, 2020, 18:53
With the addition of the new Hunger Dice mechanic (amazing system I think), it would be interesting to see them apply that to a bestial rage for Lupines. With all their concurrent development and licensing however... to video games and board and card games... since a new Werewolf video game is about to drop, I think expecting a 5th edition update to Werewolf: the Apocalypse seems likely.

i3ullseye
April 9th, 2020, 05:37
Well, that was quick hehe.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzfAWlJkshE

Evilhamster
April 12th, 2020, 09:10
Werewolf where announced last year...

Frunobulax
May 4th, 2020, 21:45
Anyone working on rules sets or extensions for other WoD stuff like Werewolf, Hunter, Mage, Exalted? Not sure how much 5e fits with with them as I prefer Old WoD; and Dark Ages over Masquarade.

I would SO much love to see Mage. And, really, it would be hardly much different at all from the Vampire stuff. Slightly different character sheet and so on but rolls and rules pretty much the same. Other than the artwork and some minor coding I doubt it would take long at all.

Honken
May 5th, 2020, 19:06
I get a feeling that the current White Wolf folks have little interest in the other parts of OWod. I mean, Werewolves or mages never had the same cultural hype.

/H

Naurthoron
May 5th, 2020, 22:44
I get a feeling that the current White Wolf folks have little interest in the other parts of OWod. I mean, Werewolves or mages never had the same cultural hype.

/H

The white folks have an interest, they expressed it during last WoD News. It will however depend on the demand and the expected return on investment Paradox could make out of it.
Remember that Werewolf came 2 years after VtM (and v5 has already been announced) and mage came another year later.
20th Anniversary edition came respectively in 2011 - 2013 - 2015.
We just need to leave them time.

Naimed
June 13th, 2020, 21:29
I would be extremely happy to be able to play mage!
Any tips?

Evilhamster
June 13th, 2020, 22:29
Any tips?

Look Up the fanmoduel, as there is No 5th edition of mage yet you might need to use the fanmoduel that is on the FG Wiki

Frunobulax
June 24th, 2020, 22:10
Any tips?

My tip is to search high and low for a GM willing to run Mage. I think I could scrape together two or three players, and it doesn't really matter that there is no FG ruleset since there are no complicated charts or tables. We could just use the VtM ruleset for rolls etc, or use Discord for voice and a dice-rolling bot. Of course we would need PDF copies of some books but I have most of them.

The real trick is finding a GM who loves the game too and would be willing to run it. I love to play it, but I have to admit I'm a terrible GM. I'd even be happy to pay someone to run it. I even tried posting an ad in the "Paid games" forum but only got one taker who later bailed out at the last minute.

Send me a PM and I'll keep it in case it ever happens. Or YOU could try to make it happen... ;-)

Frunobulax
June 24th, 2020, 22:13
Look Up the fanmoduel, as there is No 5th edition of mage yet you might need to use the fanmoduel that is on the FG Wiki

I don't see anything like that in the Wiki. There is an ancient VtM ruleset but it's so outdated it doesn't even work anymore.

Frunobulax
June 24th, 2020, 22:21
The white folks have an interest, they expressed it during last WoD News. It will however depend on the demand and the expected return on investment Paradox could make out of it.

If they were smart they could capitalize on the work they did for the VtM ruleset and pretty easily make at least basic rulesets for Mage and Werewolf very quickly. I mean, all the hard work of coding etc is done. All they would need to do would be come up with some UI artwork, change the existing character sheet around a bit, and do a lot of copying and pasting of sourcebook rules into XML or whatever format FG uses. I mean, the WW games are not nearly as labor-intensive as most other RPGs since they were purposely designed from the beginning to focus on story and not mechanics. The games don't have a slew of tables, charts, calculations, combat mechanics etc like most games do.

Heck, if White Wolf would allow it I would be willing to run a fan-based effort to do a simple conversion of the VtM ruleset into Mage (they keep all copyright of course). Hell, I could probably do it myself with a little reading up on making rulesets. But seeing as how they seem perfectly happy to let the VtM ruleset continue to go un-updated and remain filled to the bring with typos, mistakes, omissions, etc then it seems they aren't very interested at all in even assigning one intern to spend a couple afternoons proofreading, let alone dong the modest amount of work it would take to convert the VtM ruleset into Mage or Werewolf.