PDA

View Full Version : Adding Unskilled Skill Roll to Characters

zapgun
April 6th, 2020, 13:52
I noticed that characters start with an 'Unskilled Skill' that doesn't have a level, so it shows up as a total of -3 (which is correct). Is there a way to add this back to a character sheet after its been deleted? And does this ability also take into consideration a player with the JoT skill?

LordNanoc
April 8th, 2020, 08:33
First and foremost: how did you manage to delete this skill?? :confused:

Secondly, you can create any skill you like manually and add it to a player. That should alleviate your troubles :)

zapgun
April 8th, 2020, 08:51
Hi LordNanod, thanks for the reply. Its pretty easy to delete a skill from a character, you enter edit mode, and delete it. Not sure how that's confusing ;-)

You actually can't add the 'Unskilled Skill' that easily, as it doesn't have any skill level attached to it (by default this is set to zero, but in the case of the Unskilled Skill, its a blank field). However I did eventually figure out how to do this after some testing - you need to enter the value '-3' into the skill level field - this will blank out the field entirely and give the correct total value for an unskilled skill attempt - its a bit non-intuitive.

LordNanoc
April 8th, 2020, 10:24
Actually you can't delete unskilled skill in edit mode. It hasn't got a delete button. That's why I asked.

Else, yes, if you enter a number, then there is a number. Well done!

zapgun
April 8th, 2020, 10:29
Right you are (hadn't noticed it couldn't be removed), but you can rename it and change the default 'blank' value.

As for your second comment, you are not following what I said. If you enter a value of '-3' into the skill level field, there is in fact NO number displayed.. so 'well done' on being able to follow my original post. :)

MadBeardMan
April 8th, 2020, 22:42
Right you are (hadn't noticed it couldn't be removed), but you can rename it and change the default 'blank' value.

As for your second comment, you are not following what I said. If you enter a value of '-3' into the skill level field, there is in fact NO number displayed.. so 'well done' on being able to follow my original post. :)

I'll make sure the description can't be edited. Thanks for pointing this out!

-3 is classed as 'nothing' so it's hidden.

Cheers,
MBM