PDA

View Full Version : Cards on the table?

Kurgan
February 4th, 2007, 20:53
Hey guys,

I just had an interesting idea, and I'm curious if this has already been considered.

Would it be possible to create virtual decks of cards for use on the FG tabletop? The number of decks, and cards per deck, could be left open for the host to decide on and set up, and each card could have a front and back image that would be set from a collection of images (JPGs of individual cards, for example).

Personally, I'm not a big fan of CCGs, but some card games can be fun, and allowing for the inclusion of customizable decks would give everyone the ability to play any card game they desire. I mean, heck, no reason the tabletop can't also be used for other forms of gaming, right? (Imagine having a large, blank board that you could use to import images for, taken from physical board games?) We've already got the dice, and tokens can be imported and used, so the blank card and board idea would open-up a lot of new ground to play around with. The blank cards could also be used, naturally, for any decks that are used with a board game, too.

Anywho, I think it's a neat idea, so wanted to see what others thought of it, and see if anything like this has been/is being considered.

Nokameeno
February 5th, 2007, 06:05
I believe that it was discussed in this thread...as for ver 2.0 no clue.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3679&highlight=cards