PDA

View Full Version : Portions of windows sometimes blank

GKEnialb
April 6th, 2020, 05:34
This was something that I believe was reported last year, but don't see it on the active bugs list...

Steps to reproduce the error
Happens pretty randomly, so hard to recreate. Sometimes when opening a box (NPC, player, maybe others), sections of the box will be blank. Sometimes resizing and scrolling (even if there isn't a scroll bar) will fix it, sometimes that box is just unusable for that session. Closing and reopening the box does not help.

Any relevant information from the "console.log" file found in your FG Data directory.
None

Ruleset(s) you are experiencing the issue(s) in.
5e

Is this a newly FGU created campaign or one migrated from FGC?
Newly created

What modules do you have loaded? Are any of these DLC from sources other than the FGU updater? (i.e. manually migrated or 3rd party content)
3 deluxe core rulebooks, Xanathar's Guide to Everything, Volo's Guide to Monsters, Eberron

LordEntrails
April 6th, 2020, 05:39
Can you post a screenshot? Is this images or other window types?

GKEnialb
April 6th, 2020, 05:53
Just tried to recreate it and couldn't, but I'll grab a screenshot when it happens again. One or more of the fields will disappear in the combat tracker, character sheet, or monster block - it's not images. When it happens, portions of the dialog boxes like I drew the red boxes around will be completely blank (just the background color of the box) - nothing visible or selectable. For items in the combat tracker, one monster may have its attack field blank, but other monsters of the same type will be okay. If it's in a monster or character sheet, it will be blank regardless of how the sheet is displayed and be messed up for the rest of the session (unless the resizing and spinning the scroll wheel on the mouse fixes it - not entirely sure that combination does it, but it does appear to have worked a couple of times)

damned
April 6th, 2020, 07:47
There was a new networking update released.
Everyone in your group should update to the newest build 2020-04-04
If your FGU doesnt show that after updating you might have to uninstall and reinstall again from a new webinstaller.
So long as you havent pointed your Data and Program files at the same folder manually that should be safe to do.

jheidecker
April 6th, 2020, 09:36
I am seeing this too quite a bit. Using the 5e theme and 2020-04-04. I can't recreate it but the next time it happens I will take a screenshot and post.

Sometimes closing the window and reopening it will fix it, sometimes scrolling the mouse wheel. Other times, only restarting FGU will fix it which is a bummer as a GM.

Seems like the GUI is pulling from a cache for generated graphics/elements and getting nothing? and there's no way to force it to refresh, but sometimes it will refresh? Sometimes clients can see the missing data and GM can't, sometimes its the other way around.

Either way random and unpredictable.

damned
April 6th, 2020, 11:07
I am seeing this too quite a bit. Using the 5e theme and 2020-04-04. I can't recreate it but the next time it happens I will take a screenshot and post.

Sometimes closing the window and reopening it will fix it, sometimes scrolling the mouse wheel. Other times, only restarting FGU will fix it which is a bummer as a GM.

Seems like the GUI is pulling from a cache for generated graphics/elements and getting nothing? and there's no way to force it to refresh, but sometimes it will refresh? Sometimes clients can see the missing data and GM can't, sometimes its the other way around.

Either way random and unpredictable.

make sure everyone at the table is on the same 2020-04-04 build
it also appears that Shaw is rolling out teh same security platform as Comcast/Cox/Xfinity and that is also impacting this...
awesome another ISP doing it.... :(

jheidecker
April 6th, 2020, 17:26
it also appears that Shaw is rolling out teh same security platform as Comcast/Cox/Xfinity and that is also impacting this...
awesome another ISP doing it.... :(

I can probably rule that out for this specific issue. I have been testing with clients on my local LAN only and it's still happening. Not even wireless. :)

pollux
April 6th, 2020, 20:10
I can probably rule that out for this specific issue. I have been testing with clients on my local LAN only and it's still happening. Not even wireless. :)

Using a cloud lobby, or using a lan game type? If a cloud lobby, then the traffic is exiting your lan, going to Smiteworks server on the internet, and the pulling a u-turn and coming back to your network.

Also, it is POSSIBLE to trigger networking issues even on a wired lan. I do get your point that it minimizes the likelihood of issues, but especially if there was a bug or misconfiguration in the network subsystem it may be that there were networking issues fixed that can manifest intermittently even in an ideal environment.

jheidecker
April 6th, 2020, 22:24
Using a cloud lobby, or using a lan game type? If a cloud lobby, then the traffic is exiting your lan, going to Smiteworks server on the internet, and the pulling a u-turn and coming back to your network.

Also, it is POSSIBLE to trigger networking issues even on a wired lan. I do get your point that it minimizes the likelihood of issues, but especially if there was a bug or misconfiguration in the network subsystem it may be that there were networking issues fixed that can manifest intermittently even in an ideal environment.

LAN, not cloud lobby. Got all clients on the new version and will update here if I can "catch" it, with screenshots and logs. Just trying to help.

jheidecker
April 6th, 2020, 23:48
Didn't take long to manifest. Screen shot and log attached. Anything else helpful I can provide? I can keep "catching" it if need be.

LordEntrails
April 6th, 2020, 23:52
Good catch. I don't know what other info the Devs will need. But I'm sure one will be along to let you know :)

damned
April 7th, 2020, 00:43
Didn't take long to manifest. Screen shot and log attached. Anything else helpful I can provide? I can keep "catching" it if need be.

Send it to support@ or add it to one of the threads started by Moon Wizard

GKEnialb
April 7th, 2020, 02:45
This is the exact sort of behavior I was reporting - good job recreating so fast. I also host over the LAN and not cloud lobby. Something that came up in a thread on a different bug that may be relevant is that I use /scaleui 125.

jheidecker
April 11th, 2020, 22:00
So, here is another thing that happens frequently that is probably related. This requires a restart of the GM server and is a real hassle if it happens mid session.

See the screenshot. There is no way "scroll up" and see the missing information under spell slots. Mouse wheel/scroll only scrolls the whole windows contents. This has also happened in the Skills tab.

This has been the only real actual issue causing session disruption for my group. I mean performance aside.

GKEnialb
April 12th, 2020, 02:53
Here's another couple of boxes showing the issue, which required a restart to fix. This is with the latest build.

RaggedyJack
April 13th, 2020, 09:14
Yep, this happened in our game today on character sheets, and occasionally in other windows. Is there an in-game console I can capture any logs in?

GKEnialb
April 21st, 2020, 04:31
This is by far the biggest issue for me, as the other issues have workarounds, whereas this requires restarting the GM session to resolve (which of course means everyone has to restart).

avitale34
April 21st, 2020, 05:02
This is by far the biggest issue for me, as the other issues have workarounds, whereas this requires restarting the GM session to resolve (which of course means everyone has to restart).

Agreed, this is a constant pain happens alot.

EDIT: Seems like all the screen shots are using 5e Wizards theme. Does anyone expierence this issue with other themes?

avitale34
April 22nd, 2020, 08:02
Can confirm this is happening with all three themes I have tried (5e Wizards, Dungeon, Wood)

rodney418
April 22nd, 2020, 09:59
It's also happening in other rulesets too - I'm getting it in Savage Worlds.

Moon Wizard
April 25th, 2020, 01:20
Thanks everyone for reporting. It's a weird error; but we have some ideas which might allow us to track down. We're planning to try some fixes next week. Less windows on screen will help to mitigate, if we're right.

Regards,
JPG

GKEnialb
April 25th, 2020, 06:12
I typically do have several windows up simultaneously, so fingers crossed. I did see this tonight when there there no windows up other than the combat tracker (and nobody else connected):

avitale34
April 25th, 2020, 06:50
Just had something weird happen on a Character sheet not sure if it is related. Everyone elses view is normal just mine.

GKEnialb
April 25th, 2020, 16:48
Less windows on screen will help to mitigate, if we're right.

Instead of the issue being exacerbated by multiple windows on screen at the same time, could it be exacerbated by having multiple windows up and then closed over the course of a session? I was leveling up people today and adding new levels of spell effects where needed, so only had a couple of windows up at a time, but was opening and closing lots of windows. The behavior got progressively worse as I went until just about every window had missing sections or parts of windows that looked partially scrolled even though they weren't scrollable (yet using the mouse wheel fixed that issue - sorry, tried that before taking a screen shot).

Neovirtus
April 25th, 2020, 18:00
Moon Wizard, I reported a similar issue here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56556-Disappearing-Content-from-Text-Fields) a while back. That issue doesn't seem to be dependent on number of windows open (I just had the reference manual open at the time).

Moon Wizard
April 26th, 2020, 01:14
I "believe" that there are actually two different issues going on here. One is that all the nested masking required for windows and controls eventually "runs out"; and the other is that I think some "scrollable" objects are "scrolling" when they're not supposed to. (scrolling in Unity objects, not FG UI space) (i.e. looks blank, but really masked out of sight). We're tracking both of these, but they are not reproduceable at will, which is part of the challenge in getting these fixed for good.

We're planning to take a stab at investigating both of these possible scenarios next week.

Regards,
JPG

GKEnialb
May 9th, 2020, 04:49
Just letting you know that it's still occurring on the 4/28 build:

GKEnialb
May 9th, 2020, 04:50
Just letting you know that it's still occurring on the 4/28 build:

The creature was prone and I had no way to remove the prone condition. Luckily in this case I was able to work around it by having everything attack with disadvantage to cancel out the advantage they were getting from the creature being prone, but it would have completely broken the combat for most other conditions.

Moon Wizard
May 9th, 2020, 04:51
Yes, some of our work this week was blocked by an issue with some recent font optimizations that we're working through. Thanks for the report.

Regards,
JPG

GKEnialb
May 10th, 2020, 05:17
Since there was a thought that there might be some underlying scrolling issues, thought these screenshots of text skewed and images blanking may be of help...

bracken
May 11th, 2020, 08:30
Hi, just wanted to add that I am seeing this a lot. Sometimes opening and closing a window will cause it to correct itself. Sometimes getting it occur in tables as well. I will try to grab a screenshot the next time it occurs.

TheDog
May 11th, 2020, 11:02
Its random for me, but occured 2 days ago using FGU SWADE, the Character sheet, Traits tab, random die icons disappear, reload the character sheet and it displays properly.
Also some text boxes appear blank, but if I use the mouse wheel to scroll up, the text appears :-/

TheDog
May 11th, 2020, 11:17
I should of said that, yesterday I changed from Theme - Wood to Simply Brown, been using it for hours since and it has not occurred again.

GKEnialb
May 16th, 2020, 05:11
Played tonight with 2020-05-14 and it seemed much worse than with earlier builds - it happened on several different windows and happened to players for the first time in a while. Usually it was an entire section of the box, as has been the case, but for the first time tonight I saw it happen to just a portion of a field.

35510 35511

I'm not sure if this is related at all, but some boxes have a stray horizontal line - always in the same place, regardless of scrolling (meaning it stays in the same place relative to the box while the text scrolls behind it)

cevikd
May 18th, 2020, 21:57
This issue is starting to make things nearly unplayable. Often times one or two of my PCs' character sheets will be nearly blank on my side or elements will be missing from the combat tracker that makes it really difficult to run encounters. One of the more frustrating things that happens regularly is that one or two of the NPCs in the combat tracker will have their targeting UI go blank, so I can't see who is being targeted on my side and the buttons for adding a target or removing all targets doesn't show. If that doesn't happen then it will be the effects UI so I can't actually remove an effect when needed.

I didn't get any screenshots from the last session I ran, but I just fired up FGU right now and the issue was almost instantly reproduced in a couple of windows I randomly opened.

Anyone know of a workaround of any kind? Is there a way to force the combat tracker or a character sheet with missing elements to reload? Closing and reopening the windows or switching tabs, etc doesn't seem to have any affect from what I can see.

TheDog
May 18th, 2020, 23:06
Try the Simply Brown Theme, it has been working much better since I changed the Theme.

cevikd
May 18th, 2020, 23:23
I will give that a shot. I thought I noticed that it was happening less often when I used no theme rather than the 5E Wizards theme. I also notice most of the screenshots are from the 5E theme. Maybe it's theme related. Though I'd think "no theme" would be the best solution if it was. I definitely see it when I have no theme.

cevikd
May 19th, 2020, 21:41
Still getting some missing chunks of the UI when using Simple Brown. I'm running the latest version of Fantasy Grounds Unity on Windows. I have the Druid Wild Shapes extension installed but nothing else (and I'm seeing the issue without Druid Wild Shapes). I notice that in all themes the scroll bars seem to occasionally do funky things like draw larger than the window for a few frames or shoot down off the bottom of the screen when you switch between a page with scrolling and one without. It may be coincidence but I feel like I see that more often around the times that chunks of the UI go missing.

EDIT: Another example: 35744

When something like this happens to a player in my game I have no possible way that I can find to fix it short of having everyone disconnect and then restarting FGU and having everyone reconnect. Since this happens to usually at least one character sheet every game it's quite frustrating!

Neovirtus
May 19th, 2020, 22:18
When something like this happens to a player in my game I have no possible way that I can find to fix it short of having everyone disconnect and then restarting FGU and having everyone reconnect. Since this happens to usually at least one character sheet every game it's quite frustrating!

I don't think I'm encountering this issue nearly as much as you, but one thing that has worked for me (when it occurs on character sheets) is to release ownership of the PC, then have the player re-claim it. I think this forces the character sheet to reload, which sometimes fixes it. Not a guaranteed fix, but maybe it'll save you a reload or two.

cevikd
May 19th, 2020, 22:26
That's awesome, I will give that a shot next time. Thanks for the suggestion!

TheDog
May 19th, 2020, 23:45
When a text box is missing text try using the scroll mouse, Im not sure which direction, but sometimes the text reappears.

GKEnialb
May 20th, 2020, 05:50
I've definitely had moving the scroll wheel up and down work on a few boxes (maybe works 10-20% of the time). Clearing the character is a great idea for players - thanks for that! It happens multiple times per session for me and the latest build seems to have made it significantly worse. Usually there is a way to work around it, like bringing up the monster sheet if their attacks disappear from the combat tracker or cntl-left clicking to select/deselect targets if the targeting field disappears. Some things can't be, though, like effects - is there any way to clear if the combat tracker won't show the effects field? Next most common is the GM view of the character sheet - presumably the clearing trick doesn't work for the GM. I was excited to see /reload in the last FG newsletter as I thought that may be a good way to fix the GM's view without making everyone reconnect, but that does not appear to be a valid command for FGU unless I did something wrong...

TheDog
May 20th, 2020, 08:45
Do you/friends have 8GB+ of RAM each?

Do you/friends have Skype or Discord loaded, but not using one of them?

Our players with Discord/Skype appear to have more problems than most (text not displaying, cannot move their Tokens, PC hanging then recovering).

I prefer Google Hangouts, its crude, its simple, its peer to peer and it works well. (turn the video off of course).

Try this to remove Discord or Skype from RAM (this is temporary, a reboot loads them again)
Right Click on the Task Bar
Left Click Task Manager
Find Discord in the apps list, Right Click on Discord.exe could be just Discord (Save 300MB)
Left Click End Task
Find Skype in the apps list, Right Click on Skype.exe (Save 200MB)
Left Click End Task
Load FGU

cevikd
May 20th, 2020, 16:08
16 GB of RAM. i7-7700k processor. Geforce 1080 Ti video card.

As far as I'm aware the issue is primarily happening to me, the GM. It doesn't matter if I have anyone else connected or not, it happens at about the same rate (I would say about 1 in 8 windows have missing UI elements). Doesn't matter if I have Discord or any other app open.

cevikd
May 20th, 2020, 16:40
Here's a repro of the issue and the resource usage on my PC at the time, I have plenty of overhead. No players are connected, Discord is closed. Just rebooted the PC a few minutes ago.

EDIT: Also no amount of scroll wheel spinning will make that effect appear on the character sheet. I do *sometimes* see the text is scrolled out of the box issue (which seems to be a separate issue) and that's easily fixed. It's this issue from the screenshot above that is particularly difficult to cope with because the only fix I've found so far is to restart. I just tried the suggestion above of releasing the character and taking ownership again (as GM) and it did not cause the sheet to reload, unfortunately.

GKEnialb
May 21st, 2020, 03:57
I have 32GB of RAM (GPU has 8GB) and also see the bug as a GM whether anybody is connected or not. I've seen it without Skype or Discord loaded.

Indus101
May 21st, 2020, 14:18
I have what I believe is the same or similar issue, only I notice it mostly when I type in large amounts of text that requires scrolling to read unless you expand the window. 100% of the time, the text disappears whenever I scroll. I can stretch the window out big enough to see all the text, it will be there. Otherwise, it disappears.

This is FGU Ultimate, 5e Ruleset (I'm on a high-end PC with 32gb RAM, plenty of GPU, all that stuff)
thanks

bmos
May 23rd, 2020, 17:20
I believe that the issue Indus101 is referring to is one I have been keeping my eye on for some time.
Specifically, if a paragraph extends above the text area by more than a little bit, it is hidden entirely (instead of just the part outside the text area).

Here is a demonstration. I am using the PF1e ruleset, so this appears to be ruleset agnostic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51shjsJICH4

GKEnialb
May 24th, 2020, 21:21
I've been trying out Simple Brown instead of "5E Theme - Wizards" and it does seem to behave differently. The issue still occurs, but seemingly less frequently, and in every case so far it's been confined to the character boxes and were always fixed by scrolling (with the Wizard's theme, it was happening more frequently, across more boxes, and scrolling only sometimes fixed it). In both, I've seen it whether players were connected or not and whether there were many or few boxes open. Only have a couple of sessions with Simple Brown tested (all with 5-21 build), but thought I'd post what I've seen thus far.

kevininrussia
May 25th, 2020, 06:12
I get all the same issues as discussed above and shown in the video. Unity/4E/Simple Gray

cevikd
May 27th, 2020, 22:11
I've switched to using Simple Brown and I'm definitely still seeing the same issue where some elements are just altogether gone and can't be fixed by scrolling.

shrike yt1300
May 28th, 2020, 19:02
Here's an example of the weirdnesses I was experiencing with my group last weekend...36198

cevikd
May 28th, 2020, 22:31
I believe that the issue Indus101 is referring to is one I have been keeping my eye on for some time.
Specifically, if a paragraph extends above the text area by more than a little bit, it is hidden entirely (instead of just the part outside the text area).

Here is a demonstration. I am using the PF1e ruleset, so this appears to be ruleset agnostic.

https://youtu.be/51shjsJICH4

I just realized that when this happens bold text does not disappear.

Here's a screenshot from a block of text with bold when it's scrolled in a way that is visible:

Then I scrolled one notch to where the paragraph disappeared, yet the bolded words will still be there:

I'm just adding this in case it helps find the root cause of the issue.

GKEnialb
May 30th, 2020, 15:55
Here's a couple of screenshots that I took last night with the 5-20 build (with Simple Brown - looking less likely that this helps). It does appear as though the frame has been scrolled in both cases (and the actual scrollbar and mouse wheel work for scrolling the whole window, but nothing can get the frame back.

kevininrussia
May 30th, 2020, 16:58
Here is my issue with scrolling and text fields.

https://i.imgur.com/6tvyZAZ.png

GKEnialb
June 15th, 2020, 03:05
The latest build seems to be significantly better, but doesn't eliminate it completely. I haven't seen any issues with the combat tracker. I have seen a couple of issues where the top panel of the character or NPC sheet disappeared, but the mouse wheel scroll fixed it. I did see a partial scroll in a pane without a scrollbar today, though:

That was with 5e Wizards theme and 1.25 ui scale.

Pharoid
June 28th, 2020, 20:08
Posted this in combat tracker issue thread but this one seems more appropriate...

Have had similar/exact issue last couple of weeks and was tracking this thread. It's still happening as of last night. a single NPC out of a group of 10 npc's in the combat tracker all the sudden had a blank actions section. I just loaded the the NPC sheet and did the actions from there for that guy. Its done that same thing the last few weeks. annoying, but not a show stopper. I also have seen sections of just 1 or 2 player character sheets (abilities last night on one guy) that were blank for me but the player could see them. I was trying to help him level up, but I couldn't. If it helps, it seems to happen later in the sessions but not certain. I don't use LOS this time at all. it crashes the players randomly after a few mins every time and they lost patience :-) . Also of note, sections of the reference manual (icepire peak in this case) show up as blank sometimes on initial opening. I just close the manual and reopen it and most of the time it shows up that time. I'll give all the info I can as I didn't want to stop the session any more than I already had...
All of these issues have happened using cloud hosting except the most recent session (yesterday) which I had them direct connect to try to see if that helped. They said it seemed more responsive from their end, but the issues above still occurred on my end (host session). LOS seems to be the only thing that outright freezes or crashes things. none of the other issues have been show stoppers.

Host: Unlimited License on windows 10
Host PC: Alienware X51 R3 8gigs, windows 10 up-to-date, FGU up-to-date
Modules loaded: players HB, DM guide, Rob2e critically awesome, Dragon of Icepire peak, Fumble Table, DM players,essentials kit rulebook.
I also have some other Rob2e modules that I load once in awhile to fix or add effects. But not usually loaded initially and I dont do it every session.

Players: 6 (this time. But typically I have 3-5 players and it still happens)
Players setup: PC's (not sure) but all windows. latest updated demo FGU.

Hope this helps. I'll try to get logs next time but my players are getting a little testy. :-)

Love the product! hope this helps.

Indus101
July 12th, 2020, 22:04
Hi all, any update on this bug? It's really a pain. I rarely get through character creation without some page going blank. Closing the character sheet and reopening doesn't help. Have to shut down Unity client completely and restart to get the fields to reappear, which is a real bummer with players waiting.

Below are examples of character sheet pages randomly disappearing.

cevikd
July 12th, 2020, 22:17
The bug is WAY worse on that 5e Wizards Theme. I realize this isn’t ideal, but if you switch to Simple Brown it still happens from time to time but it’s like 10x less than on the Wizards theme.

It’s an obnoxious, and honestly, game breaking bug that *needs* to be fixed. But switching to Simple Brown made my experience go from “can’t use FGU to run a session” to “mildly irritating”.

Moon Wizard
July 12th, 2020, 23:34
The main thing with this issue is recreating it in a consistent way. If you have a campaign where it happens every time when opening a sheet, or following a specific set of steps; then please let me know so we can recreate and track the issue down.

Regards,
JPG

GKEnialb
July 17th, 2020, 03:57
Unfortunately, for me at least, there are no steps to recreate right away. Eventually, after opening enough windows, it will start happening. Sometimes it happens sooner than other times, but there's no real pattern I can see (and it'll happen with different activities - doing character creation, during combat, going through the story links, ...)

Coren
July 25th, 2020, 01:53
I can report that I've also seen this happen as a DM in the 5e ruleset. I believe the theme is "Wood". I've lost my players spells on occasion as well as info in other windows.

I have another friend running a game using the 5e ruleset on the theme "Dungeon" as well. I can see my feats, but he could not.

It's been spotty and not easy to recreate, but I figure I'd add my voice to the concern.

kevininrussia
July 25th, 2020, 02:18
I reported this in a different thread but seems it might be the same issue as others have experienced.

This is with 4E on Windows. Gray theme. Powers not drawn, but can see the info for them and can open up the effects. Happens intermittently and on different character sheets. Only way to fix it is to exit and relaunch FGU.

https://i.imgur.com/H6wl1Qw.png

greytiger10
July 25th, 2020, 03:11
I've had the same issue since I've started using Fantasy Grounds with 5E with no extensions.

GKEnialb
July 25th, 2020, 19:50
Scrolling with the mouse wheel (even if no scroll bar is present, like the title of some boxes) will sometimes cause the missing items to appear.

Indus101
July 25th, 2020, 19:59
Scrolling with the mouse wheel (even if no scroll bar is present, like the title of some boxes) will sometimes cause the missing items to appear.

Can confirm that mouse scrolling sometimes fixes it (but not always).

Closing and reopening window OCCASIONALLY fixes it.

Sometimes nothing does but reopening program.

kevininrussia
July 25th, 2020, 20:34
Can confirm that mouse scrolling sometimes fixes it (but not always).

Closing and reopening window OCCASIONALLY fixes it.

Sometimes nothing does but reopening program.

4E, Windows. Scrolling middle mouse wheel occasionally fixes the missing text in a title box.

Endurance
July 25th, 2020, 22:54
I have had this issue with PFRPG2 many times, usually on the actions tab of character sheets and sometimes elsewhere. On the actions tab it can sometimes be fixed by collapsing and expanding the lists, but not always. The other fixes that people have suggested also work sometimes. I don't know if anyone has said this but usually the error is user-specific. If I as a GM am looking at a player's character sheet, either of us may have it, and not the other, and sometimes we each have different blank things.

Last week the town map of Breachill in Hellknight Hill was blank for me but not for my players. I could only see the pins. I couldn't fix it, so I just carried on, and about 15 minutes later it became visible again.

Dustbina
August 3rd, 2020, 17:09
Wood theme makes this happen a ton more for me in 5e. It's very problematic, and if changing theme hadn't helped I'd definitely had to have stopped using unity, it makes playing pretty much impossible. Nothing seems to cause it, it just happens to ALL menus, and very frequently if I'm using wood theme, from table/npc lists, to NPC sheets, all parts of PC sheets, the PHB reference page, item tables etc etc. It even hides NPC attacks/info in their attack menu in the combat tracker sometimes.

It also seems to have nothing to do with the campaign, I have created fresh campaigns with no extensions or modules loaded and had things disappear from players, or from modules I've loaded up straight away.

GKEnialb
August 11th, 2020, 03:20
I played twice this weekend with the latest update (2020-08-05) and had no issues with blanking on any windows either time! 5e, D&D Official theme. Very excited about that!

Moon Wizard
August 11th, 2020, 18:45
Thanks for the update. Carl just finished a big refactor of the all scrolling ruleset elements for performance and to address this issue.

Regards,
JPG

GKEnialb
August 24th, 2020, 04:40
After another couple of long sessions and opening a lot of windows and not having any blanking windows, I'm pretty positive this is now fixed. :)