PDA

View Full Version : Maps don't load equally for everyone

The Hawk and Sparrow
April 5th, 2020, 21:42
Hello! My speed is good... like 800 up and down. The pinhole tests green. Everyone is able to log in, but a few of the guys don't get maps or pictures when I push them. Any idea of where I can go to find some solutions. Thanks!

LordEntrails
April 5th, 2020, 22:26
Well, if you are running FGU then the Playetest sub-forum. And this is a known issue that is being worked as we speak. Their might be a new update later today that might resolve this.

If it is FGC, then can you tell us more such as ruleset, image specifics, etc?

Moon Wizard
April 5th, 2020, 23:04
For FGU, we just pushed a new build that may help. Everyone will need to be on same version to connect to each other. (2020-04-04)

Regards,
JPG

damned
April 6th, 2020, 08:10
Everyone in your group should update to the newest build 2020-04-04
If your FGU doesnt show that after updating you might have to uninstall and reinstall again from a new webinstaller.
So long as you havent pointed your Data and Program files at the same folder manually that should be safe to do.

The Hawk and Sparrow
April 10th, 2020, 00:26
This is FGC. DnD5e.... any image... and only for a few of the guys. Two of the four get them fine.

LordEntrails
April 10th, 2020, 00:39
Are the players with problems running 32-bit Windows?

What does the Task Manage show for fantasygrounds.exe process size for the players with problems and players without a problem?

Have you have the players with trouble clear their cache?

The Hawk and Sparrow
April 10th, 2020, 00:52
Are the players with problems running 32-bit Windows?

What does the Task Manage show for fantasygrounds.exe process size for the players with problems and players without a problem?

Have you have the players with trouble clear their cache?

Thanks Gents!! I will check on these and report back.

Moon Wizard
April 10th, 2020, 01:25
For FGC, also double check if your Internet service provider has enabled any "Advanced Security" add-ons on your connections recently:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53461-Comcast-XFinity-Cox-and-Shaw-Communications-Users-Important

Regards,
JPG