PDA

View Full Version : 1 and maybe 2 openings

Vird Killer
February 3rd, 2007, 17:12
A couple of friends and I have briefly started a campaign on FG and are looking to add at least 1 and maybe 2 more players. See below for details. If you are interested after reading the below, feel free to PM me.

Likely Schedule: As my friends and I are quite busy we only plan to play this campaign once a month. The time right now will be either Saturday or Sunday night from approx. 7pm Central to 10 or 11pm Central

Setting: Forgotten Realms in the past circa -2628 Dalereckoning

Synopsis:You are dwarves from the realm of Dareth. It is approximately the year -2628 Dalereckoning. There are three organized dwarven groups that live in the realm of Dareth. The largest is the House of Dareth followed by the Peakmaster Clan and the Whiteslayer Clan. As noted in the attached synopsis, you are living in a time of constant battle with a force of white dragons. You are all mainly too young to do any direct fighting against dragons and have mostly acted as guards for the non-fighters and various other minor tasks depending on your skills.

Your story begins on the day of a massive dragon attack. One of the ancient whites was battering the mountain in which you along with 104 other dwarves mainly women and children. The integrity of the caverns which you were taking shelter in was very weak. The "leader" of the group is Krag of House Dareth a powerful cleric of Dumathoin. Krag along with the other clerics were going to use powerful spells to move the group through the rock to safety. All was going to plan until something happened that disrupted the magic of the clerics. Each of you was passing through solid rock as if it didn't exist when all of a sudden you felt yourself being ripped from the world. Thinking you were probably dead and heading to meet your dwarven deities, you were all rather surprised when after a time(you can't really be sure how long) you "landed" onto green grass. Being quite sure that the realm of your dwarven gods would not be full of lush green grass, you deduced you were likely not dead. You eventually realized that the other dwarves were also present but you learned that 21 dwarves either perished or did not make the same trip you did. The elders of the group led by Krag began to take control of the situation.

Being the stout dwarves that you are the majority of the dwarves did not panic or get frightened but were rather puzzled. The elders decided to look for more familiar surroundings. Far to the north you could see the outline of a mountain range. It did not look like any mountain range of Faerun but no one knew how far you had travelled. The group journeyed for 10 days watching the peaks grow larger on the horizon. The journey took place over vast green fields but you never once saw any sign of civilization or of monsters or wild beasts. You were fortunate enough to have some supplies that came with you in the journey but you also found fresh water streams and some edible berries even if they weren't totally to your liking.

After the lengthy journey, you reached the base of the large mountain range as it stretched east and west as far as you could see. The elders decided on a place to camp and begun making preparations for another prayer vigil. As the non-clerics went about surveying and scouring the land to keep everyone alive. Finally, after four days of prayer and pleading a sign came. As you are each watching the prayer vigil(or taking part if you are a cleric), you witness a bright white radiance envelop Glyir a cleric of Moradin. The head of Glyir looks around slowly then speaks, "My children. Your voices have finally reached me and the rest of the Morndinsamman. Your devotion has made your plight known to us. You have been transported far across Toril by what we do not know. This land has many adventures, challenges, and rewards. Take them on as you always have. Be strong and vigilant my children and you will prosper even if you cannot return home." Then the radiance disappeared. The elders immediately began discussing incohesively until Krag settled things down.

Eventually, Krag called everyone to a meeting and addressed the crowd. "My brethren we apparently must go on with life here for the time. We believe we can make a fresh start and we see these monuments of stone before us as ours to shape." One dwarf, named Riblys, spoke up, "I've had enough of these mountains. If anyone else is they can follow me." Mumbling and arguing began to sprout up throughout the gathering. Krag spoke up "If that is your wish then so be it. Any who wish to go may do so." Riblys along with 16 other dwarves gathered their things and started out eastward. Once the chattering stopped, Krag began again, "Let us search for the place to begin our new home." Everyone began to break camp to prepare the search for your new home.

So far: My friends and I have already done the part where they settled into a new home and began to build it. They have played 1 session before the holidays shut us down and we stopped about have way through the "mission". We will finish the first mission and then we will look to add the new player(s).

Campaign Type
Typically, a campaign is created around some ultimate goal(finding an item, defeating an enemy, etc.) and then the adventure is built around providing challenges for the players along the path to that goal. Although that will take place in this campaign, the overall goal is to help develop a history of the first dwarven population on Druna. To that end, the way the campaign proceeds might not always be on a single path and the path may result based on your choices. Although, I will have to make the choices only a few because complete free-form adventures can be very bad on-line, I will hope to give you options that sometimes has no clear "right" choice thus your decision will shape the history of these people. Also, I plan to manipulate time more than we normally do. With years passing sometimes between actual adventures. And possibly to add some spice and fun, I am thinking it might be fun to RP random pieces of history with different characters. So you will have your main character that will hopefully develop from beginning to end but along the way I might make a group of NPC's for you to use in situations that I think will be helpful in the development of the history of dwarves but that would be even more unique with all of your personalities involved rather than just me making it up.

Characters
You will all be 1st level shield dwarves. Shield dwarves use the same stats as the dwarves in the PHB. You can be any class except for monk, wizard, sorcerer, bard, or barbarian. If you have a compelling idea for a barbarian, I will review it but remember being a barbarian is a way of life not something that people just are because they get mad some times. You could develop into a bard but I don't see a plausible background for starting as a bard. You may be a cleric of any good dwarven god(if you need info ask me). It is likely that you all have some Craft skill even if just 1 rank. Be creative. I will try to develop plots around your characters. So if you have a character idea that is not a typical dwarf discuss it with me so that I know what you have in mind. Also, I will send some more dwarven info to give ideas for RPing dwarves. No, I will not expect people to follow info I send out or be strict on RPing a dwarf a certain way but I think it will be a fun thing if we all try to be as "dwarvish" as possible. If you want to coordinate your group be my guest. With the way this is set up I think a party of randomly joined characters or preplanned characters will work. You can be from any of the three groups I mentioned above(House Dareth, Clan Peakmaster, Clan Whiteslayer). I basically have no knowledge of any of them as I made up the two clan names. I have general ideas about the clans but no restrictions on who can be a member of the family.

Blue Haven
February 8th, 2007, 12:20
Hi there :)
Look i´m at GMT+0 do you think that i might play with you guys?
I kinda like the background story...
Bye

Vird Killer
February 8th, 2007, 16:04
This depends on how flexible you are. One of our other players is in South Korea so that limits are times some what. What are your available times Friday through Monday in GMT?

Blue Haven
February 9th, 2007, 01:59
I don´t know what happened but i already wrote a message in here but it disappear ??? i said that this weekend i cannot play but after this i´m available at any time and i want to try your game...:)
Bye

Vird Killer
February 9th, 2007, 22:36
Ok I will contact you next week when I know a little more when we will play next. If you have a concept for your character you can PM me. We currently have a ranger, paladin, and cleric.

Blue Haven
February 10th, 2007, 13:50
Oh crap i wanted to be a Ranger...but ok i will think on another class and thanks by the offer...:)
See you around...