PDA

View Full Version : Locking Player Tokens

sirchibbi
April 5th, 2020, 08:55
Is it possible to limit players from only selecting their own token? My players really like the LoS and how they can only see what their own token sees and wanted it locked to avoid the temptation to look around. If not something to consider for a future update maybe?

Moon Wizard
April 5th, 2020, 09:19
Yes, it is something on the wish list to turn off party vision for other party members by default; but not something we're looking at right now. We're focused on bug fixes.

Regards,
JPG

Houndy
April 5th, 2020, 11:35
I think player autonomy options are high up on a lot of peoples lists. I know D and D is a game of trust, but being able to lockdown character sheets and allowing people to only interact with their tokens are high up on a lot of peoples lists. But, as always, this is only Beta :)

damned
April 5th, 2020, 12:14
I think player autonomy options are high up on a lot of peoples lists. I know D and D is a game of trust, but being able to lockdown character sheets and allowing people to only interact with their tokens are high up on a lot of peoples lists. But, as always, this is only Beta :)

Lock down tokens yes. Player sheets? No. its just more work for a GM who is already managing everything else. It makes no sense to me.

SmackDaddy
September 8th, 2020, 20:27
Is there any plans in the near future to include locking player tokens in Unity?

Zacchaeus
September 8th, 2020, 21:02
Is there any plans in the near future to include locking player tokens in Unity?

The way movement will work in Unity has not yet been finalised. It is something that will be looked at after final release.

LordEntrails
September 8th, 2020, 21:03
Please see post #2 in this thread :)

Patou
September 9th, 2020, 13:56
I believe that the ''mask'' is another option for now to prevent players from going where you don't want them to if it still prevents movement into it.

SmackDaddy
September 9th, 2020, 20:28
Please see post #2 in this thread :)

Yeah, had some additional time to read up and by the time I realized the answer to my question -- I regretted posting my question as I did a "knee-jerk" reply rather than generally taking the time to read up first before asking anything. Ooops.