PDA

View Full Version : LFDM to Run Epic Sprawling 5E Campaign, Willing to Pay

Rogich
April 5th, 2020, 07:13
I've had a thought in mind for some time now that I've never seen offered anywhere before. My idea is to take all of the official, published 5E content and string it together in a very long-term, continuing campaign. I envision taking all the official 5E modules (including Tales from the Yawning Portal and Ghosts of Saltmarsh), adding in the Adventurers League content (including the Factions mechanics/quests/boons) and linking them together with supplemental material provided by the DM to create one big story centered on the PCs' heroes.

I understand that this is HUGE request so I'm hoping to find an experienced DM able and willing to tell a good story while improvising and creating content in between and interweaved in the official written content so it all makes sense and to compensate for those modules/parts of modules that aren't that fun as written. I appreciate that this is a ton of work for someone to do and I'm not even sure how it would work mechanically with the 5E ruleset, but I'd be happy to discuss it with someone willing to take up the charge.

A few things to keep in mind:

1. Right now my availability is limited so I'm thinking of only running this twice monthly on Saturday afternoons, preferably between 1PM and 5PM EST. This will allow more time for the DM to prepare and will allow us to adjust the schedule as necessary to account for other obligations as they arise.
2. This is merely an idea in my head so we would need to recruit 3-5 other players who would be willing to experience this with me.
3. I am willing to pay for this experience and would be happy to discuss specifics on price with anyone who responds (I presume that the other players would be expected to pay as well).

My request comes from difficulty finding a seat at a table during my availability and fatigue and frustration over groups falling apart or DMs quitting after only a few sessions. My hope is that financial compensation would incentivize everyone to stick together and see this through to a conclusion.

I'd be happy to discuss details at more length with anyone. Feel free to reach out to me here with a PM or on Discord at Rogich#4211.

Thanks.

UPDATE 04/11/2020: I have a DM and 4 players. We have room for 2 more players. If interested in taking those remaining two spots, please go to this thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55993-LFPs-DnD-5e-Paid-Hoard-of-the-Dragon-Queen-Bi-Weekly-Saturdays-noon-CST for instructions on how to sign up. Thanks.

Rogue
April 5th, 2020, 12:18
I'd be willing to talk to you about this. If its bi weekly, that would fit, with variations on scheduling. Sent you a Discord friend request. DarDarJinx31144

The High Druid
April 5th, 2020, 22:42
So, my current campaign has gone Lost Mines > Dragon Queen, and has branched into Waterdeep part way through as they happened to end up in the city. Even tying these three together has involved a hell of a lot of encounter adjustment, because they *all* start at level 1. Byt the time you're ready for the last boss of Lost Mines, you are overpowered for the first few chapters of Dragon Queen and almost all of Waterdeep.

I'm not saying it's impossible to run *all* the adventures in one big world, but it would be a horrific amount of work, and, for example, sending level 10 characters into the first chapter of Out of the Abyss would render it a *very* different encounter, even if you adjust the levels.

I don't think I'd want to try and weave more than three of the published adventures together.

Rogich
April 6th, 2020, 00:12
So, my current campaign has gone Lost Mines > Dragon Queen, and has branched into Waterdeep part way through as they happened to end up in the city. Even tying these three together has involved a hell of a lot of encounter adjustment, because they *all* start at level 1. Byt the time you're ready for the last boss of Lost Mines, you are overpowered for the first few chapters of Dragon Queen and almost all of Waterdeep.

I'm not saying it's impossible to run *all* the adventures in one big world, but it would be a horrific amount of work, and, for example, sending level 10 characters into the first chapter of Out of the Abyss would render it a *very* different encounter, even if you adjust the levels.

I don't think I'd want to try and weave more than three of the published adventures together.

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm more interested in creating a campaign that has one continuous story than creating a mechanical nightmare trying to rebalance all the modules to fit a level range they weren't intended for. I AM asking a creative DM to craft such a story and to create content to fill gaps in between the pre-written modules and to supplement the modules as they are written where appropriate. I appreciate the amount of work that will be required not only to run the sessions but to create the content and prepare for the sessions, which is why I'm offering to pay someone for their time.

I've already spoken to one DM this morning and we discussed some different possibilities, including cycling through characters as we complete major story beats/modules, but I'm not against the idea of chatting with some others if you think you have some ideas to move this project forward. If you're interested, feel free to reach out to me.

Thanks again.

Rogich
April 11th, 2020, 21:18
Thanks to everyone who has responded to my post. It's great to see that there are other crazy people out there willing to try to put something like this together.

As an update, I have a DM and a party of 4 players. We have room for two more. If you're interested in taking one of those two remaining spots, please go to this thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55993-LFPs-DnD-5e-Paid-Hoard-of-the-Dragon-Queen-Bi-Weekly-Saturdays-noon-CST and follow the instructions to sign up. Thanks.