PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request: keyboard shortcuts for targeting, updating health and conditions

ronaldsf
April 5th, 2020, 02:56
(I am GMing Pathfinder 2nd Edition.)
For me the clunkiest part of Fantasy Grounds vs. Roll20, boils down to needing to jump around to different places. For example:
-if I want to apply 10 damage to a character, I need to find the character in the Combat Tracker, click the damage space, and type in new total. Because initiative is variable, I won't know automatically where a creature is. Sometimes there are 4 identical monsters, numbered 1 through 4, and I have to cross-reference a token's number with the creature's number in the Combat Tracker
-if I want to apply a condition to a character, I have to open up the Conditions window and click and drag the Condition onto the creature within the Combat Tracker.

Yes, the program is supposed to automatically apply damage when a creature rolls damage after hitting something. But that presumes I am keeping the target's AC up-to-date (i.e., raising its AC when it raises a shield, lowering its Frightened 2 condition by 1 at the end of its turn, etc.), which requires dealing with this clunky interface. Also, the state of things in FGU right now is that it does not create functioning clickable macros within the Offense section of monsters' stat blocks. So I usually forego Targeting

And while we're on the issue of Targeting, I currently need to click the crosshairs of the attacking the character, then click and drag the 2nd crosshair that appears onto the target. I would love to just be able to type "1 T 5" if Party Member 1 targets Creature 5, for example.

Or to hover a TOKEN and type "f 1" if they are Frightened 1. Or "ac +1" if its AC increases by 1.

Or, like in Roll20, to be able to hover over the health indicator of a token and type "-5" if it takes 5 damage.

Are there plans to incorporate the keyboard into the UI, and to make Pathfinder 2e easier to manage generally? Because PF2 involves a lot of changing modifiers and conditions and it would be so hopeful to make this more user-friendly!

LordEntrails
April 5th, 2020, 05:03
Please add enhancement requests to the wishlist. https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

They will be lost int he forums here (though you can provide a link here to the suggestions, and a link from the wishlist back here for discussion.