PDA

View Full Version : Users report "host is running an unauthorized copy or authorization server is down"

BeefMcMac
April 4th, 2020, 16:01
I have an ultimate license (perpetual) and I was able to at least connect players last week before locking up. Now we're trying again, and I am instead getting this message reported by users that indicate "host is running an unauthorized copy or authorization server is down" - how to I troubleshoot either scenario? there is no status page I am aware of for the latter, and the former is most definitely not the case.

Thanks for any guidance!

BeefMcMac
April 4th, 2020, 16:22
And I did ensure both the host and the players' all reinstalled from a download this morning. So it is not that. And I also see users connect and then disconnect quickly, so network connectivity isn't the issue. Port forwarding is in place and working well.

BeefMcMac
April 4th, 2020, 16:41
Ok, reapplied license, again, on DMs box and it now will at least begin the join. back to where we were last week - spinning wheel of death on MacOS on Mac Mini (2018), w/ i5CPU, 32GB RAM, etc. I will call this particular issue a non-issue now, and move on to other threads.