PDA

View Full Version : FGU and shopping in Steam

Kalorous
April 3rd, 2020, 23:15
I'm a RPer in Canada, so price differences are a consideration for my shopping.
Steam has a good exchange rate for shopping in Canadian dollars, and I don't see any currency options at the FG webstore.

I'd like to start gaming with FGU, but at the moment that is only available from FG directly, and it seems to be able to buy any DLC on Steam I have to own a license for Fantasy Grounds ON steam.

If you have any info I'm missing or ideas/ways to get around buying FG/U twice I'd like to hear from you as soon as possible.

Thank you

Mortar
April 3rd, 2020, 23:53
If you don't want to wait for the FGU client to be released on Steam you can always go the "Add a Non Steam Game" route.

Enter your license key you get from the store when it asks. Then come back to the FG store and sync your Steam account.

Be aware, there may be some sort of lag from when you purchase your license key and when that key is sent to Steam as a valid key. Honestly can't remember its been so long, and I get all my stuff via the FG store now.

LordEntrails
April 4th, 2020, 03:09
SmiteWorks sends keys to Steam every 4-8 weeks. It's a manual process both for SmiteWorks and for Steam, so it's not done more often and is dependent upon how busy the appropriate folks are at each company.

Zacchaeus
April 4th, 2020, 10:17
FGU isn't on Steam yet - it is being worked on and will get there eventually. Until it does you won't be able to buy a license or DLC there (obviously) and also won't be able to activate it there either.