PDA

View Full Version : LFG - Father and son Looking to get into D&D 5e

Wrothgar
April 3rd, 2020, 23:10
Hello fantasy grounds members,

My son (14 - smart and imaginative) and myself (40 something) are both interested in learning to play D&D 5e. With the COVID19 keeping us home it seems like a great time to try it.

We have a players handbook but we have never had the chance to really play. We have been hesitant to sign up for a FG game as we don't want to be so green that it kills a campaign.

I am looking for a D&D Sherpa to help guide us through the game (creating characters, playing the game, and using FG). If there is a total newb game available we would be all over it, the more the merrier!

It has been a bucket list thing for me, I have always wanted to play, and my son has been asking to find a way to play.

We are available evenings (in EST) and weekends.

Please let me know if anyone can help or has any advice!

Thank you very much,
Wrothgar

kkimo
April 4th, 2020, 00:13
Howdy Wrothgar,

I'm new to Virtual gaming, but an old hand at table top RPGs, So I would not be a good Virgil to your Dante, but my advice would be to look for a game that is LFP and ask the GM if two complete novices would be appropriate for his game. RPGers are one of the friendliest groups of people you'll find, and I doubt that would be affected even by the anonymity of the internet.

kkimo

Sarku
April 4th, 2020, 14:14
Hi there!

A great resource for new players is Fantasy Grounds College - https://fantasygroundscollege.net/

You can find games there and they have really helpful classes for learning 5e and Fantasy grounds.

Wrothgar
April 5th, 2020, 03:01
Thank you both for your advice, I appreciate it!