PDA

View Full Version : Unity Rejects Password

Salz78
April 3rd, 2020, 20:26
Hi, I changed my password on the website this morning, now Unity won't accept my login. When I load up, it says "Check for Updates." However, it won't update. When I hit the "Log" button, it says password invalid, but it's the same password that works on the website.

Salz78
April 3rd, 2020, 20:28
I uninstalled and reinstalled and that fixed it.

LordEntrails
April 3rd, 2020, 20:34
From the FGU launch screen you should have been able to go into Settings and update your password there and then perform an Update.

Salz78
April 3rd, 2020, 20:42
No, that didn't work. I tried that many times.

HeplMeh
May 12th, 2020, 18:11
Having same issue, did you ever figure it out?

LordEntrails
May 12th, 2020, 18:28
Having same issue, did you ever figure it out?
Welcome. Post #2 indicates that an uninstall/reinstall fixed the issue.

You might be able to go into your registry and delete the saves info there, but not sure which field etc so only do that if you know how to backup your registry first etc.

carpenter2003
June 1st, 2020, 00:38
Similar issue. My saved password is an older one. I can change it and manually log in. But using "Save" does not seem to keep the new password. Every time I come back to the settings menu and try to login it says invalid password and I have to manually change it again.

Mill Brooks
January 16th, 2021, 12:19
Similar with me. I´m an ulimate user.A certificate of poverty for such an expensive program.

Trenloe
January 16th, 2021, 12:50
Similar with me.
Welcome to the FG forums. Sorry you're having an issue.

When you launch FGU, click the "Settings" button and then go to the "Advanced" tab - make a note of the Data Directory location. Then go to the "Troubleshoot" tab and click the "Clear Settings" button - this will step you through the initial setup again, asking for the Data Directory, License Key and for you to enter your username and password. This should reset those settings and so should (hopefully) keep the entered password.

Mill Brooks
January 16th, 2021, 13:07
Yes, it kept the entered passord and downloaded and installed the program again. That worked. Thanx! And very importend: It kept the german translates, I made for my players for many, many hours!