PDA

View Full Version : LoS Query

JustMark
April 3rd, 2020, 13:50
We ran our first 5 player Starfinder game the other night via direct network connection, and aside from 1 server crash, everything ran well.

Users really liked LoS on maps, but noticed 1 thing that seems a bit odd. On the map, users can click each others tokens in order to see what that user can see. This would make sense for the GM to be able to do, but it seems odd that users can interact with each others tokens, which essentially lets them peek around corners, etc. Have I set up something wrong, or is this the expected outcome?

My preference would be that users cannot interact with each others tokens in this fashion.

Thanks.

RoleforFun
April 3rd, 2020, 13:58
We ran our first 5 player Starfinder game the other night via direct network connection, and aside from 1 server crash, everything ran well.

Users really liked LoS on maps, but noticed 1 thing that seems a bit odd. On the map, users can click each others tokens in order to see what that user can see. This would make sense for the GM to be able to do, but it seems odd that users can interact with each others tokens, which essentially lets them peek around corners, etc. Have I set up something wrong, or is this the expected outcome?

My preference would be that users cannot interact with each others tokens in this fashion.

Thanks.

That's the default setting at this time. It is working as intended. You can tailor it to your preferences to a certain degree - the two ways I know of are: you can try removing the individual tokens from "party vision" (I'm not sure if this would work or not, tbh) or your could change those characters from friendly (in the combat tracker). Note, changing them away from friendly will have much further reaching effects than just LoS, but I'm not sure of the way you manage your particular table and what automation you use in FG, so I wanted to put it out there.

pindercarl
April 3rd, 2020, 14:06

To remove a token from party vision, right-click on the token and 1) selected the visibility menu, then 2) select remove from party vision.

RoleforFun
April 3rd, 2020, 14:22

To remove a token from party vision, right-click on the token and 1) selected the visibility menu, then 2) select remove from party vision.

Thanks for jumping in pindercarl. I have an associated question. It seems like for token settings such as that one, those steps need to be repeated each time they're added to a new map - same for mask-sensitive visibility. Is there any way to change the default settings for tokens so those steps don't have to be repeated each time tokens get added to a new map?

JustMark
April 3rd, 2020, 14:29
Ohhhh - I didn't know about that! Thats great. Thank you!

pindercarl
April 3rd, 2020, 15:21
Thanks for jumping in pindercarl. I have an associated question. It seems like for token settings such as that one, those steps need to be repeated each time they're added to a new map - same for mask-sensitive visibility. Is there any way to change the default settings for tokens so those steps don't have to be repeated each time tokens get added to a new map?

There is not, currently, a way to change to default behavior of the visibility.

RoleforFun
April 3rd, 2020, 15:23
There is not, currently, a way to change to default behavior of the visibility.

Understood, thanks. I think it'd probably be nice to see that as an option in the future - either through the overall GM options or on the image options themselves - but that's just me thinking out loud. I know about the feature request page too, just putting it here for visibility.