PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds Unity - Players experiance crash if Fog of War is active.

MeepTheChangeling
April 3rd, 2020, 10:45
I was running a game today via Ultimate, with my players using Demo copies, and with the Pathfinder core rules, DM's guide, beastarity 1, and Advanced players guides loaded. We were using the prior build to the live version, to try and resolve this issue before we found the "fix". My players kept having their clients crash in this exact way:

Their client would lag greatly preforming most any action. Eventually, they would crash, but NOT disconnect form the server. I would have to kick them so they could rejoin.

This was competently eliminated, lag and all, by turning off fog of war on the maps we used. I originally was using map files that were too big, but I shrank them to sub 2000 x 2000 px and then they loaded properly, but the crashed still happened... eventually. ESPECIALLY if there was a good deal of things to block line of site.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong? I can provide more info if needed.