PDA

View Full Version : LFG - PF2 - Adventurer Looking for Companions / ET (GMT-4) or CT (GMT-5) Evenings

Kazee
April 3rd, 2020, 04:13
Adventurer Looking for Companions / PF2 / 6pm ET (GMT-4) or 5pc CT (GMT-5) weekdays, or basically any time Saturday / Sunday.
Can possibly work with up to 2 days per week if that is better and attendance will be consistent for all involved.

Full FG license with Unity, though I have not tried the Unity version yet.
Discord or w/e is good!
XP: DM'ed PF1, SF, and 3.5 in person, on Roll20 and on Fantasy Grounds, and played those as well as played in 4e and 5e. (I mostly point all this out to say if I get rules crossed just correct me. :) )

° A real Campaign - Would love to find a true campaign with hopefully a consistent, long term group for character development and campaign history building.
° I am adventure oriented, as a player I like to travel and see new lands and learn both official and campaign lore, of which PF2 setting has so much interesting stuff to explore.
° A balance of several or even many sessions that occur in one place to complete a plot line, character obligation or extended dungeon is of course expected.
° Like to play complimentary or supporting character for the group build, and like to build my character last to fit within the strengths and weaknesses of the group, and when possible a hook, resource or compliment to another character's backstory, journey, curse or quest.
° The PF2 setting - I own all of the books for PF2 and really like the exploration and lore potential, to the point I actually even have the big World Guide map on my wall.
° "Rule of Cool." Not unreasonably so, but if a player is trying to do something fun, interesting and creative, rather than a flat no just gate with a DC that makes sense for the action.
° Meaningful RP - Being creative, invested, and true to all our unique PC and NPC characters, though most players here fit that bill so it kinda goes without saying.
° I do min/max build my characters because of a manic compulsion to do so, but I don't play them that way for the same reason. I play to situation and character.

Dislikes:
° Not as interested in a campaign where the party stalls in one place so long that they open a delicatessen (true story, lol.)
° Working as a group with the DM for future direction rather than surprising them with cat-like ADD shiny object chasing (ex, allow 'soft knowledge' of what we collectively decide is the most interesting or necessary next part of the adventure.)
° To waste unecessary 'real people' time, examples are things such as have a DM throw away hours of prep, or split the party in five different directions on five different detailed, frivolous errands (where possible - sometimes stuff happens but I have DM'ed for players who honestly treated these types of activity as a mandate.) Like, I might say my character is shopping for X, Y and Z in a town, and just get the availability, time frame and GP for the activity, but not do a whole haggling, investigating, perception, stealing event.

greybeardgunner70
April 3rd, 2020, 04:25
We've been playing for a few months now, but recently lost a couple players.

Original Thread:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?52591-LFP-Need-2-3-Weeknight-Game-THU-EST-Pathfinder2-Campaign-Harn-Setting&highlight=

Kazee
April 3rd, 2020, 04:52
Thanks for the quick reply!
First let me say that your campaign is definitely very interesting and a few years ago would have been something I would be all in for.
Unfortunately, I am burned out on Low Fantasy at this time (Blame Robert Howard, GRRM, and way too many open world survival games.)
If anyone else reading this thread is in for gritty, low fantasy then it sounds like they will have hit the jackpot with your campaign - I can tell you and your folks have made it into a real world just from reading the thread.

I am looking for something set in the official Lost Omens setting to pick up lore and the feel of the intended world, and more of an Escapism / Adventure / Mid-to-High Fantasy vibe.

greybeardgunner70
April 3rd, 2020, 15:49
No worries. Good luck in your search. I find it refreshing you know what you are looking for and will stand by that. A lot of players are so desperate to get into a game they will try to join anything, and cause issues later when they decide they don't like the setting/concept/homebrew etc.