PDA

View Full Version : Witch Misfortune Hex (advantage/Disadvantage for Pathfinder)

conjoy
April 2nd, 2020, 22:44
Is there any way to code this into an effect for a Pathfinder game?

tahl_liadon
April 3rd, 2020, 00:35
"advantage / disadvantage" is a 5e mechanics, i believe.

you can create the pathfinder witch misfortune effect, but player would still need to diligently track and manually manage the mechanics due to the nature / situation of the ability.

setup: create a new spell class, and new level 0 called "misfortune"; then create 3 spell actions:
- action#1: cast - set and adjust will dc save
- action#2: effect - "misfortune" with duration of 1 rd
- action#3: effect - "misfortune: immune" (optional: with duration 24 hr)

use:
select target and click action#1 to determine save, then apply...
a) action#2 if target failed this round; also use to reapply each subsequent round on witch's turn if cackled in previous round
or
b) action#3 if target saved; also use to apply if misfortune ended for the target

conjoy
April 3rd, 2020, 00:39
Thanks, but I am looking for a way to apply an Effect that will cause attacks to be rolled twice with results disregarded.
You can do this manually /roll 2d20d1
And the 5e ruleset has the advantage disadvantage hard coded as a Modifier. But I am looking for the same for Pathfinder, as there are numerous abilities that would benefit from this.

LordEntrails
April 3rd, 2020, 03:09
No, you'll have to write an extension since PF has no concept of Adv/Dis.

Kelrugem
April 3rd, 2020, 03:12
Thanks, but I am looking for a way to apply an Effect that will cause attacks to be rolled twice with results disregarded.
You can do this manually /roll 2d20d1
And the 5e ruleset has the advantage disadvantage hard coded as a Modifier. But I am looking for the same for Pathfinder, as there are numerous abilities that would benefit from this.

There is no automation for this at the moment :) But in my Save vs tags extension I have coded it, but it is a prototype and I didn't have the time at the moment to clean it up a bit, but for attacks it should work :) (see my link in the signature)

conjoy
April 3rd, 2020, 10:31
That looks potentially amazing, but I can't get it to work for my tests. Will keep tinkering and trying, thanks.

Kelrugem
April 3rd, 2020, 12:33
That looks potentially amazing, but I can't get it to work for my tests. Will keep tinkering and trying, thanks.

When I can help then let me know :)

Basically you download the extension, put that in your extension folder, then before starting the campaign you activate that in the extension list of the campaign and the effect for advantage is keladvantage (or keldisadvantage). Just apply that effect immediately before the attack and let remove that after the next roll (to avoid that something else gets advantage, too :D) :)

conjoy
April 3rd, 2020, 13:01
I hadn't ticked it on in the launcher and it now works!
Many, many thanks!

Kelrugem
April 3rd, 2020, 13:12
you're welcome :)

conjoy
April 3rd, 2020, 13:17
Final question (maybe), do you have any plans to (or know if it is already compatible with) FGUnity?

Cheers

Kelrugem
April 3rd, 2020, 13:19
Final question (maybe), do you have any plans to (or know if it is already compatible with) FGUnity?

Cheers

Yes, I want to make them compatible with FGU :) They should alread work there except my height label extension and my overlays (the overlays are a bit small in FGU) :) All other extensions should be okay already with FGU :)

conjoy
April 3rd, 2020, 13:21
Again, fantastic news, thanks for your great work!

tahl_liadon
April 5th, 2020, 03:00

There is no automation for this at the moment :) But in my Save vs tags extension I have coded it...

so this is really great, @kelrugem. i tried the adv/disadv effect and can see what you mean by repurposing it for the witch's fortune/misfortune -- and it's perfect.

one question: when i added "keldisadvantage" to a target on the tracker, auto-append "[adv]" (as in "keldisadvantage [adv]"), then it just rolls a single d20.

i'm not sure of the actual mechanics for adv/disadv, and whether that auto-append is intentional. however, manually removing the "[adv]" makes it work again with 2d20 rolls.

outside of this, it's sweet! (and nothing conflicting with it yet X-D)

on a side note: the updated "target failure/success" works too! (see image below) cheers!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33090

Kelrugem
April 5th, 2020, 03:09

so this is really great, @kelrugem. i tried the adv/disadv effect and can see what you mean by repurposing it for the witch's fortune/misfortune -- and it's perfect.

one question: when i added "keldisadvantage" to a target on the tracker, auto-append "[adv]" (as in "keldisadvantage [adv]"), then it just rolls a single d20.

i'm not sure of the actual mechanics for adv/disadv, and whether that auto-append is intentional. however, manually removing the "[adv]" makes it work again with 2d20 rolls.

outside of this, it's sweet! (and nothing conflicting with it yet X-D)

on a side note: the updated "target failure/success" works too! (see image below) cheers!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33090

cool :)

Yes, there is some bug; effects are considered as "rolls", too, so when you already have some advantage effect running around then it also adds [ADV] etc. to the effect (when both are on the same character). I already fixed that in the new release of my (dis)advantage extension and will soon implement that in my save vs tags extension :) Thence, it should be away soon :)

By the way: The advantage effects overwrites any disadvantage one, so, no stacking implemented yet, but I am thinking about that now :) (because your disadvantage effect got that [ADV] which implies another advantage effect, at the moment one has to count the number of (dis)advantages manually and apply the correct one :) So, only use one of these effects at a time, but I may have fixed that soon, too :) )

Kelrugem
April 5th, 2020, 07:10
I just uploaded the new fix which solves basically all issues for these effects :)

tahl_liadon
April 5th, 2020, 15:05

I just uploaded the new fix which solves basically all issues for these effects :)

amazing responsiveness. thx!