PDA

View Full Version : MGT2 v1.1.1

MadBeardMan
April 1st, 2020, 23:42
Hi Folks,

Now that MGT2 v1.1.0 is finished and will soon be live, I'm starting on the next iteration of the v1.1.X branch to bring extra support for items found in Book 2, Central Supply Catalogue.

[New] Weapon actions. Updated. Normal attacks are split over two lines. You can now drag Ammo (from Central Supply) which will generate new Attack/Damage actions.
[New] Worlds. Added Berthing Cost, Fuel, Facilities and extras
[New] Worlds - Trade. Added a new Tab for Trade items, you can add line items with Qty, Description and Cost (future updates will expand on this tab)
[Fixed] All Careers Events. All text for events text will be shown for various events that contained a ; in them (the parser ignored everything post it)
[Fixed] Tables. All Careers Events. All text for events text will be shown for various events that contained a ; in them (the parser ignored everything post it)
[Updated] Theme. Some fonts have been reduced to make text slightly smaller so as not to take up the entire window
[Fixed] Weapon Attacks. These now show the range correctly in the attack text
[Updated] Items in Containers. These items in containers (ie a backpack or medic kit) will be indented, just like 5E
[Fixed] Actions tab. A random 'Cost' label was left floating, it has been told to return back to the correct position
[New] New Setting. House Rules - 'Show Study Period on Skills Tab' (Defaults to NO)
[New] New Setting. Characteristics* - 'Use PSI characteristic' (Defaults to NO)
[Updated] PSI Talents. The Tab for PSI Talents has been removed and the Talents are on the Skills Tab now, where it feels more fitting and there are only a handful.
[New] Animal Size Modifiers. When rolling to hit an animal with a Size Modifier (Small -4 -> Small -1, Large +1 -> Large +6) these are now added automatically do the Dice roll. The NPC must have this Size Modifier in their traits, ie Slow Metabolism (-1), Large (+4)
[New] Melee Weapon STR modifiers. When rolling damage with a Melee weapon, the STR mod will be used as a bonus/negative modifier
[Fixed] Custom Weapons. Can now be dropped onto NPC's

Why am I updating the Weapon actions?
Very simply so it can support the different ammo types.

For example:
Advanced Combat Rifle is 3D6 damage, Auto 3, Scope.

That's the standard damage for this weapon, but say you wanted to use Solid Shot ammo (suitable for Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Heavy), you'd add a new line, enter in the RoF, Damage, Traits

Single, 3D6, Auto 3, Scope, AP 2

So when you roll that Damage line, it applies to AP 2 to it!

*Characteristic Settings
The new PSI characteristic hides/shows - PSI characteristic on the main page, PSI Talents on the Skills Tab and PSI Current Value/PSI Actions/abilities on the Actions Tab

This is part of the work required for Traveller Companion as I'm trying to add LUC to my game, but it requires the Character Sheet to be re-designed, that is coming in the future, something more 2nd Edition is planned....

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
April 2nd, 2020, 02:44
On the difficulty it would be easier for me to say pilot dex routine and have them set the difficulty as part of their rolling process. Frees me to be doing other things while they are doing the roll. My players would like it too cause sometimes I'm slow to set the difficulty cause I have to unbury the desktop...

MadBeardMan
April 2nd, 2020, 09:45
On the difficulty it would be easier for me to say pilot dex routine and have them set the difficulty as part of their rolling process. Frees me to be doing other things while they are doing the roll. My players would like it too cause sometimes I'm slow to set the difficulty cause I have to unbury the desktop...

As Geralt would say, Hmmm.

Would your players also want the shortcut difficulty buttons, or just manually enter it? I tried to keep the player screen clean from extra buttons and things.

LordNanoc
April 2nd, 2020, 15:02
As Geralt would say, Hmmm.

Would your players also want the shortcut difficulty buttons, or just manually enter it? I tried to keep the player screen clean from extra buttons and things.

In 1E they had those buttons and used them accordingly. I actually heard no complaints, except when they were missing in 2E :D
So I second that request. Buttons for Players would be nice. Thx

MadBeardMan
April 2nd, 2020, 16:04
Do remember 1E didn't have target numbers, it had modifiers... very different things.

I'll see what I can do, but no promises as the code was what I used in WOiN and VTM.

MadBeardMan
April 2nd, 2020, 19:41
Folks,

Looked into it.

Clients (players) cannot adjust the Difficulty Number, because it's set on the Server, it's cloned locally only, so mirrors the server. I'll investigate more but for the moment I think it's server sided changes only without a myriad of issues. Unless someone plays SW and that works on both client/server.

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
April 2nd, 2020, 19:49
It should be possible to send that info to the Server. If you look into the dice tower code that we don't use in Traveller maybe you can use that channel to send difficulty from the client?

MadBeardMan
April 2nd, 2020, 19:54
It should be possible to send that info to the Server. If you look into the dice tower code that we don't use in Traveller maybe you can use that channel to send difficulty from the client?

The Dice tower doesn't need to send anything, it just marks the dice rolls as secret so the player doesn't get to see them, but the GM will.

The Difficulty Number is a field, it's mapped to:

<desktoppanel>
<public />
<difficultynumber type="number">10</difficultynumber>
</desktoppanel>

The client (player) adds a handler to watch for updates.

Anyway leave it with me to try some more things.

Thanks,
MBM

alfarobl
April 2nd, 2020, 20:09
Pitty... then maybe you can look at the Star Wars Dice Pool I believe Master can see what the player drops on the Pool and modify difficulty there adding dice. There are also Dice Pool code for CoreRPG (there is a Star Wars version also for Core) and Mutant Year Zero extension adds also a Dice Pool but don't know if it allows Master to interact with it like Star Wars.

Another option could be to add a Numbered Token that has a Value assigned to it. User drops Token on Difficulty and Master can see the value on Server?

Just ideas... probably some don't help but Just in Case. I was able to use TORG Eternity Card Pools with MoreCore using some smart shared tokens and images. So probably you can find something better to use. Good luck and thank you!

Dakadin
April 2nd, 2020, 21:01
Hi MadBeardMan,

I am pretty sure you need to use the Comm.deliverOOBMessage and Comm.onReceiveOOBMessage functions to send the data from the client to the server. There is some information on this page but you can find examples in other rulesets: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/4096265/Comm

Dakadin

superteddy57
April 2nd, 2020, 21:52
Dakadin is correct. Client side needs to use OOBMessage to fake being a host when attempting a task with the DB. OOBMessage needs to be placed in a global script and all the data pushed into it. That's how I got role changes to work properly in SF Ship Combat on the character sheet.

MadBeardMan
April 4th, 2020, 12:50
Dakadin is correct. Client side needs to use OOBMessage to fake being a host when attempting a task with the DB. OOBMessage needs to be placed in a global script and all the data pushed into it. That's how I got role changes to work properly in SF Ship Combat on the character sheet.

Hi SupedTeddy57,

Nice. Where in the SF ruleset can I find this please?

Did you work on the SF Ship Combat with Russ so you know how it all works?

I'm after understanding how a ship can be shared amongst playsers.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
April 4th, 2020, 12:59
Hi SupedTeddy57,

Nice. Where in the SF ruleset can I find this please?

Did you work on the SF Ship Combat with Russ so you know how it all works?

I'm after understanding how a ship can be shared amongst playsers.

Cheers,
MBM

Superteddy57 wrote the Starfinder ship combat system for Smiteworks.

superteddy57
April 4th, 2020, 18:06
As esmdev mentioned I wrote the ship combat inclusion to SFRPG. The OOB messaging example would be located in the ship tab in the character sheet. If you follow the code it gives an example of how it sends the information to the host and then the function runs for the client as if it were the host.

MadBeardMan
April 4th, 2020, 18:27
As esmdev mentioned I wrote the ship combat inclusion to SFRPG. The OOB messaging example would be located in the ship tab in the character sheet. If you follow the code it gives an example of how it sends the information to the host and then the function runs for the client as if it were the host.

Hi Chap,

Ok I'll check the character sheet. The CT itself for Ship Combat isn't that difficult and SFPRG and MGT share a similar method so thanks for the work you did, it'll save me a lot of time.

Cheers,
MBM

philipjenkins
April 12th, 2020, 16:21
QUESTION: Are the Central Supply Catalog items hidden somewhere or does my GM need to load a new module? Trying to create a character right now but only the basic items are avalible.

esmdev
April 12th, 2020, 17:12
QUESTION: Are the Central Supply Catalog items hidden somewhere or does my GM need to load a new module? Trying to create a character right now but only the basic items are avalible.

Hi.

The Central Supply Catalog has not yet been converted to Fantasy Grounds. The last update on the conversion said that it was nearly completed.

There were a number of coding changes to the ruleset in order to make it function. Once it is released it will be available in the FG store and will function like a normal module.

esmdev
April 12th, 2020, 17:13
I should add that if you are in a hurry and cannot wait, you can enter most of the items from CSC into the items tab but some might not function as intended until the ruleset is updated to support them.

MadBeardMan
April 14th, 2020, 02:10
I should add that if you are in a hurry and cannot wait, you can enter most of the items from CSC into the items tab but some might not function as intended until the ruleset is updated to support them.

I've just finished CSC, so it'll go to LordNanoc for his testing.

There are ruleset changes to make some of the items to work properly, this is what v1.1 release line is for, make it good for gear/weapons/armour/other stuff. So v1.2 can be used to get Highguard all working.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
April 21st, 2020, 17:01
Request for Worlds modification:

Main Page > Multi-line text box with label 'Extras'

The purpose would be to add information like docking fees, high-port/down-port presence, fuel availability, etc.

For instance:

Glisten has a docking fee of 2000 credits, has a high-port but no real down-port, both refined and unrefined fuel is available at standard cost.

While I could put that into the notes page it is easier to have on the main page. Also I generally put tremendous paragraphs of information in the notes page so it would be nice to be able to have a quick bit of specific info on the main.

MadBeardMan
April 21st, 2020, 17:56
Request for Worlds modification:

Main Page > Multi-line text box with label 'Extras'

The purpose would be to add information like docking fees, high-port/down-port presence, fuel availability, etc.

For instance:

Glisten has a docking fee of 2000 credits, has a high-port but no real down-port, both refined and unrefined fuel is available at standard cost.

While I could put that into the notes page it is easier to have on the main page. Also I generally put tremendous paragraphs of information in the notes page so it would be nice to be able to have a quick bit of specific info on the main.

Hi Chap,

Easy enough, I was toying with the idea that Starports/Spaceports (being High-port or Down-port) would be their own data objects and we'd just allow them to be linked to the World. But if you're happy just for a text-box then that's an easy add.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
April 21st, 2020, 18:14
I am happy with a text box but others might want more. The text box seems like a simple, quick solution. My thinking is that it isn't fixed data so people can put whatever they want in it.

MadBeardMan
April 21st, 2020, 18:21
I am happy with a text box but others might want more. The text box seems like a simple, quick solution. My thinking is that it isn't fixed data so people can put whatever they want in it.

Evening,

We'll go with a Text box for now and once Highguard drops if people want more we can expand then, as there are more important things to be done. I'm working on Highguard atm, finishing up the text, then planning the data for it.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
April 30th, 2020, 18:23
Since we have time while we wait for CSC, a quality of life improvement might be to indent items in inventory if they are inside a container.

Backpack Back
Medkit Backpack
Toolkit Backpack
Holster Waist
Pistol Holster

5E does it this way and makes inventory a little easier to read and figure out what is in what.

Edit: It isn't displaying the spacing but imagine there are a number of spaces in front if medkit, toolkit and pistol.

MadBeardMan
April 30th, 2020, 23:12
Since we have time while we wait for CSC, a quality of life improvement might be to indent items in inventory if they are inside a container.

Backpack Back
Medkit Backpack
Toolkit Backpack
Holster Waist
Pistol Holster

5E does it this way and makes inventory a little easier to read and figure out what is in what.

Edit: It isn't displaying the spacing but imagine there are a number of spaces in front if medkit, toolkit and pistol.

Hi Chap,

Ok will get that done. Just finished my game tonight, been running Mission to Mithril, finally got some 'action' and crumbs as they're DnD players mostly, there's no heal spell for that! Best healing in the game is armour or not getting hit!

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
May 1st, 2020, 00:01

Backpack Back
Medkit Backpack
Toolkit Backpack
Holster Waist
Pistol Holster

Chap,

How's this looking for you?

Need to fix up Encumbrance, seems armour not worn but carried isn't adding.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
May 1st, 2020, 00:05
Looks great!

MadBeardMan
May 1st, 2020, 00:06
Looks great!

Next great simple to implement suggestion.

Btw do you follow my Twitter? I so what's your handle?

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
May 1st, 2020, 00:17
TBH, I don't really do social media, in fact the FG forums are probably the only place that I'm active at all. I do periodically look at your twitter feed via twitter.com to repost update pictures to my group.

esmdev
May 1st, 2020, 14:53
I've debated for awhile if I should bring up the trade system, especially since I've got my own out of FG solution. As it seems to be a project in motion I decided to post some screenshots of my system in hopes that concepts might help with ideas for the trade implementation. Since the trade system that I use is a hybrid of MGT2 (passengers, freight, mail) and T4/T5 (speculative), the speculative would need to change to conform to MGT2. It would probably be easier to do MGT2 speculative trade.

The information that is needed in order to generate trade information:

Fortunately, a lot of the above data can be pulled directly from the characters and campaign data.

The output of information after processing:

For completion (and to hopefully generate ideas) I am including the speculative trade sales despite it not being MGT2 compliant:

The information that is needed in order to sell speculative trade:

I hope that this spurs some ideas on a comprehensive trade system for the MGT2 ruleset. It's a lot of coding but having a system like this vastly improves the speed of trade generation.

MadBeardMan
May 1st, 2020, 16:46
I've debated for awhile if I should bring up the trade system, especially since I've got my own out of FG solution. As it seems to be a project in motion I decided to post some screenshots of my system in hopes that concepts might help with ideas for the trade implementation. Since the trade system that I use is a hybrid of MGT2 (passengers, freight, mail) and T4/T5 (speculative), the speculative would need to change to conform to MGT2. It would probably be easier to do MGT2 speculative trade.

The information that is needed in order to generate trade information:

Fortunately, a lot of the above data can be pulled directly from the characters and campaign data.

For completion (and to hopefully generate ideas) I am including the speculative trade sales despite it not being MGT2 compliant:

The information that is needed in order to sell speculative trade:

I hope that this spurs some ideas on a comprehensive trade system for the MGT2 ruleset. It's a lot of coding but having a system like this vastly improves the speed of trade generation.

Hey Esmdev,

First off, that all looks pretty solid. I have to admit here that Trade in Traveller is not something I've invested much time in, I've tended to write the adventures that dictate the trade shipments, and mostly the cargo to be stolen, rescued or moved for someone. I've got the trade tab working, so gong to create a new thread for it.

Cheers,
MBM

backwardoracle
May 2nd, 2020, 00:20
In my face to face traveller games, I have two very long time experienced players, and trade is always something they get heavily involved in. A couple of my VTT players are getting very interested in the trading aspect and run trade as a "game within a game".

antoneagle
May 2nd, 2020, 19:27
Has this new version been released yet?

MadBeardMan
May 2nd, 2020, 19:30
Has this new version been released yet?

No, v1.1.0a is the latest that went live a few days ago.

I'm developing v1.1.1 right now, asking for what people want in it, along with what I want in it (to support Central Supply Catalogue when that gets released)

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
May 3rd, 2020, 20:07
I'm developing v1.1.1 right now, asking for what people want in it, along with what I want in it (to support Central Supply Catalogue when that gets released)

Cheers,
MBM

I have a small cosmetic request... Could you add on some release newer Decals? For example I would like to be able to have the adventure module that I am playing as default Decal when I activate a module or added as choice. I use to be able to do that with other systems and sometimes it is nice (if it is not a big spoiler ;-) like Mythril! But even there after the encounter it is nice to have on background. If not... then at least add more choices... for example I love the planet background image but it would be nice to have a Gas Giant or different colors for water worlds vs garden ones, etc... Just some cosmetic touch to the background I like. Thanks.

MadBeardMan
May 4th, 2020, 18:13
I have a small cosmetic request... Could you add on some release newer Decals? For example I would like to be able to have the adventure module that I am playing as default Decal when I activate a module or added as choice. I use to be able to do that with other systems and sometimes it is nice (if it is not a big spoiler ;-) like Mythril! But even there after the encounter it is nice to have on background. If not... then at least add more choices... for example I love the planet background image but it would be nice to have a Gas Giant or different colors for water worlds vs garden ones, etc... Just some cosmetic touch to the background I like. Thanks.

Hey Chap,

Nice idea. Once all the of the Reach Adventures are done, all 6 covers will be added as an extension to all six (easier if I do them in bulk), same goes with both Marches, Referee's Briefing etc.

What I'll do is speak to Mongoose and see what art I can use for a free extension containing more decals for you.

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
May 12th, 2020, 00:18
MBM i was just checking your Twitter updates and wow I am amazed for all the improvements you did! Can't wait for 1.1.1 to arrive... Please tell me that in the queue is not 40 items away! :)

MadBeardMan
May 12th, 2020, 01:26
MBM i was just checking your Twitter updates and wow I am amazed for all the improvements you did! Can't wait for 1.1.1 to arrive... Please tell me that in the queue is not 40 items away! :)

Hi Alfarobl.

It's about a week away I think, I should be doing some CoC stuff, but been wanting to finish this, as I can do that whilst this goes through test.

I need to get working, the single/full auto/burst bonuses on the weapon ammo damage lines. Add the trait so you can modify it on screen (as I can't automate a lot of it) Then make sure that's all working.

Then next up, work on the Trade, get the Freight and Mail options working (need for Thursday for my own game!).

That's it, so v1.1.1 will be a big update again, then onto v1.1.2 which should have effects in, fatigue/unconcious/fire/radiation hopefully

Cheers,
MBM

bigrat
May 13th, 2020, 17:11
Hey sorry if this has already been answered somewhere and i missed it, but when is v1.1.1 expected to be released? I have been stalking your twitter and I can't wait for my players to get their hands on it >.<

MadBeardMan
May 14th, 2020, 14:01
Hey sorry if this has already been answered somewhere and i missed it, but when is v1.1.1 expected to be released? I have been stalking your twitter and I can't wait for my players to get their hands on it >.<

Hi Chap,

Weapon Ammo work - this is nearly complete, another session should see it done.
Trade Tab - thinking of just allowing a basic list right now so I can get v.1.1.1 out (one BIG change is enough I think).
Fix a couple of bugs and allow Craft once again to be dragged onto the Inv List
Add NPC Init to the NPC sheet (like the PC version but for NPC's)
Make sure the CT when rolling to hit for creatures checks for the 'Metabolism trait' and applies that as a DM to the roll.

Then we're done.

Cheers,
MBM
When, hoping to complete these bits over the weekend, which means should be in TEST for next Tuesday and then LIVE the week after.

esmdev
May 14th, 2020, 22:19
Any idea where CSC is in the queue these days?

MadBeardMan
May 15th, 2020, 12:18
Any idea where CSC is in the queue these days?

Nope. I'll ask.

Regarding CSC.

Tested the new weapon ammo actions yesterday in my game. Few changes to make so v1.1.1. will be sent over, over the weekend.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
May 16th, 2020, 22:14
Folks,

Am done with v1.1.1, well just remembered a niggle I need to fix.

Tried to find the forum post with a bug with NPC weapons, couldn't locate it, so if someone can please let me know and I'll get that done.

Here's the completed list, being honest a few bits are for my own game which is getting into its stride, but plenty for all to enjoy.

[New] Weapon actions. Updated. Normal attacks are split over two lines. You can now drag Ammo (from Central Supply) which will generate new Attack/Damage actions.
[New] Worlds. Added Berthing Cost, Fuel, Facilities and extras
[New] Worlds - Trade. Added a new Tab for Trade items, you can add line items with Qty, Description and Cost (future updates will expand on this tab)
[Fixed] All Careers Events. All text for events text will be shown for various events that contained a ; in them (the parser ignored everything post it)
[Fixed] Tables. All Careers Events. All text for events text will be shown for various events that contained a ; in them (the parser ignored everything post it)
[Updated] Theme. Some fonts have been reduced to make text slightly smaller so as not to take up the entire chat window
[Fixed] Weapon Attacks. These now show the range correctly in the attack text
[Updated] Items in Containers. These items in containers (ie a backpack or medic kit) will be indented, just like 5E
[Fixed] Actions tab. A random 'Cost' label was left floating, it has been told to return back to the correct position
[New] New Setting. House Rules - 'Show Study Period on Skills Tab' (Defaults to NO)
[New] New Setting. Characteristics* - 'Use PSI characteristic' (Defaults to NO)
[Updated] PSI Talents. The Tab for PSI Talents has been removed and the Talents are on the Skills Tab now, where it feels more fitting and there are only a handful.
[New] Animal Size Modifiers. When rolling to hit an animal with a Size Modifier (Small -4 -> Small -1, Large +1 -> Large +6) these are now added automatically do the Dice roll. The NPC must have this Size Modifier in their traits, ie Slow Metabolism (-1), Large (+4)
[New] Melee Weapon STR modifiers. When rolling damage with a Melee weapon, the STR mod will be used as a bonus/negative modifier
[Fixed] Custom Weapons. Can now be dropped onto NPC's

No news yet on CSC, but gives LordNanoc a chance to test the Weapon Ammo Damage bits.

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
May 16th, 2020, 22:43
Tried to find the forum post with a bug with NPC weapons, couldn't locate it, so if someone can please let me know and I'll get that done.

Thank you! List looks amazing! There were 2 NPC requests that I remember:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51096-MGT2-Todo-List&p=497906&viewfull=1#post497906

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56946-Custom-weapons-cannot-be-added-to-NPCs-anymore

MadBeardMan
May 16th, 2020, 23:01
Thank you! List looks amazing! There were 2 NPC requests that I remember:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51096-MGT2-Todo-List&p=497906&viewfull=1#post497906

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56946-Custom-weapons-cannot-be-added-to-NPCs-anymore

Nice and thanks, the second (the bug) was what I was after looking into.

Might look at sharing my Trello board so people can see how things are going with things.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
May 17th, 2020, 00:10
Out of curiosity will the STR bonus/negative for melee be PC or PC and NPC?

MadBeardMan
May 17th, 2020, 00:14

Just for the PCs at the moment.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
May 17th, 2020, 00:28

Hi Esmdev,

I think it's about time that NPC's got another mini-update soon, what do you think?

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
May 17th, 2020, 22:11
Hi Esmdev,

I think it's about time that NPC's got another mini-update soon, what do you think?

Cheers,
MBM

I like the D&D 2E and Savage World NPC format which is very close to the PC format. This makes it possible to create a PC and then auto-convert it to an NPC.

My thinking is with the eventual move towards more drag-n-drop character creation this would make humanoid NPC creation much faster, especially with racial modifiers, traits and stuff added in.

So really my vote would be bringing the humanoid NPC sheet closer to the PC sheet so a quick convert could be added. It is one of the things I like best about Savage Worlds and D&D 2E rulesets.

Obviously wouldn't work so well for animal and robots but those are pretty straightforward to make.

I also think, in the long run, it might make it easier to development make changes to both simultaneously if done this way.

MadBeardMan
May 17th, 2020, 22:19
I like the D&D 2E and Savage World NPC format which is very close to the PC format. This makes it possible to create a PC and then auto-convert it to an NPC.

My thinking is with the eventual move towards more drag-n-drop character creation this would make humanoid NPC creation much faster, especially with racial modifiers, traits and stuff added in.

So really my vote would be bringing the humanoid NPC sheet closer to the PC sheet so a quick convert could be added. It is one of the things I like best about Savage Worlds and D&D 2E rulesets.

Obviously wouldn't work so well for animal and robots but those are pretty straightforward to make.

I also think, in the long run, it might make it easier to make changes to both simultaneously if done this way.

Hi Chap,

One of the things I really loved about Traveller, it took 2 minutes to create an NPC, you could do it on the fly just with the UPP code. It's still very possible, drag and drop extra stuff like Species/Race and then should that affect the Stats yes/no?

So I'm not saying make it closer to the PC sheet, that's a fair amount of work, though as you may have guessed a lot of it works already in a similar way except for Skills. Again that section was designed so you could drag in the skill list from a published adventure and it just worked.

I do keep thinking of adding an actions tab like the PC's have, where actions can be fine-tuned.

Anyway I'll push this back to you now :) Create a new thread and get people so suggest ways in extending the NPC's, something we can do in small chunks (like dragging on the race) -< that though also needs doing to the PC's to add Deathclaw etc.

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
May 17th, 2020, 22:42
Only thing I am missing from other system is a NPC Maker like this one tool... It is amazing if you have any PDF adventure o magazine or post you just grab the text and it converts the text input into a full NPC. Really nice... and Savage Worlds is a lot more complex than Traveller so it could be done here a lot quicker:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20807-SW-NPC-Maker

MadBeardMan
May 18th, 2020, 10:32
Only thing I am missing from other system is a NPC Maker like this one tool... It is amazing if you have any PDF adventure o magazine or post you just grab the text and it converts the text input into a full NPC. Really nice... and Savage Worlds is a lot more complex than Traveller so it could be done here a lot quicker:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20807-SW-NPC-Maker

Morning Chap,

Those are great when the format posted in the various publications matches a fixed format, or flows better, however Traveller whilst a much simpler system has a few formatting issues, here's a couple of example:

Drinax Book 1.

KEEPER MALOS

AGE TERMS
42 6
STR 5 INT 9 SKILLS
DEX 6 EDU 8 Admin 3, Art (performer) 2,
Electronics (computers) 1,
Electronics (comms) 1, Diplomat
2, Medic 2, Persuade 1, Science
(theology) 3
END 8 SOC 8

And here's what it looks like copying out of Marches 2 adventure

SPECIES GENDER AGE
Human Male 38
TRAITS -
STR 8 INT 8 SKILLS
DEX 7 EDU 10 Admin 1, Advocate 1, Carouse 1,
Diplomat 1, Flyer (grav) 1, Gun
Combat (slug) 1, Investigate 1,
Leadership 1, Persuade 2, Recon
1, Science (archaeology) 3, Science
(linguistics) 2
END 9 SOC 8
EQUIPMENT Shotgun (4D)

That's not to say it's impossible, it's not, just a lot of guessing at part, and knowing Traveller there will be many variants of the NPC text!

So I've got no plans to work on this, I've got enough to do with High Guard at the moment, but if someone else wants to have a crack...

Cheers,
MBM

backwardoracle
May 18th, 2020, 14:27
Do you think you could add Domain as well as Sector & subsector to the World tab? this would be helpful in multi domain Adventures.

garrion_sw
May 18th, 2020, 14:39
I didn't notice the weapon full auto ammo discrepancy listed on the fixes for this new version. Was that included?

MadBeardMan
May 18th, 2020, 14:52
Do you think you could add Domain as well as Sector & subsector to the World tab? this would be helpful in multi domain Adventures.

Hi Chap,

Give me an example of what you'd put in it please.

Thanks,
MBM

MadBeardMan
May 18th, 2020, 14:54
I didn't notice the weapon full auto ammo discrepancy listed on the fixes for this new version. Was that included?

Hello,

The ruleset is working fine, I spoke with Mongoose and it was already correct.

Auto 3, would use '1' round for a Single, '3' rounds for a burst and '9' rounds for Full Auto PER shot (and you get 3 shots of course).

Cheers

garrion_sw
May 18th, 2020, 15:20
Thanks for addressing this MBM. I guess in true Mongoose fashion they simply quoted the rulebook and didn't really help to clarify.

"In this example, you would get three separate attacks, and expend 9 rounds of ammo."

To me, this quote from them still seems like 9 total. I certainly understand where you are coming from though. Full auto does use lots of ammo IRL. I'm sorry to bother you about this again. I'll inform my players about the decision and if Mongoose releases a clearer statement then we can alter the code at that point.

Thanks for all your work.

MadBeardMan
May 18th, 2020, 15:43
Thanks for addressing this MBM. I guess in true Mongoose fashion they simply quoted the rulebook and didn't really help to clarify.

"In this example, you would get three separate attacks, and expend 9 rounds of ammo."

To me, this quote from them still seems like 9 total. I certainly understand where you are coming from though. Full auto does use lots of ammo IRL. I'm sorry to bother you about this again. I'll inform my players about the decision and if Mongoose releases a clearer statement then we can alter the code at that point.

Thanks for all your work.

Hi Chap,

Yea, no worries.

I've been sent Errata for the Core Rulebook (some based on my own findings) so I'll be applying that to v1.1.2, it doesn't include clarification for the above.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
May 19th, 2020, 02:18
Hi Chap,

Yea, no worries.

I've been sent Errata for the Core Rulebook (some based on my own findings) so I'll be applying that to v1.1.2, it doesn't include clarification for the above.

Cheers,
MBM

Hi, can you include the errata separately as well so that we know what is errata and what might be an error?

esmdev
May 19th, 2020, 02:23
Hi Chap,

Give me an example of what you'd put in it please.

Thanks,
MBM

An Imperium Domain is made up of four sectors. The Domain of Deneb consists of the Deneb, The Reft, The Spinward Marches and the Trojan Reaches. Domains are generally run by an Arch Duke. It is the largest division of the Imperium territories.

A field for Domain above Sector would cover it.

MadBeardMan
May 19th, 2020, 09:23
An Imperium Domain is made up of four sectors. The Domain of Deneb consists of the Deneb, The Reft, The Spinward Marches and the Trojan Reaches. Domains are generally run by an Arch Duke. It is the largest division of the Imperium territories.

A field for Domain above Sector would cover it.

Morning,

That's what Allegiances is for, near the bottom with the Bases/Trade routes atc. In there you have 'Imperium', 'Sworld Worlds Confederate' etc.

But I'll add it if you feel you need it still, it's a simple change to let me know.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
May 19th, 2020, 14:01
Morning,

That's what Allegiances is for, near the bottom with the Bases/Trade routes atc. In there you have 'Imperium', 'Sworld Worlds Confederate' etc.

But I'll add it if you feel you need it still, it's a simple change to let me know.

Cheers,
MBM

There can be any number of different allegiances within a domain, and I'm pretty sure the domain system is probably pretty universal across different Major Race territories for the sake of development simplicity. Domain level distribution isn't as necessary for me as I generally keep to a small space but backwardoracle is the originator of the request and for all his hot map work I think he deserves a domain entry. Best location (imho) would be above sector since the hierarchy is domain, sector, subsection.

MadBeardMan
May 19th, 2020, 14:29
There can be any number of different allegiances within a domain, and I'm pretty sure the domain system is probably pretty universal across different Major Race territories for the sake of development simplicity. Domain level distribution isn't as necessary for me as I generally keep to a small space but backwardoracle is the originator of the request and for all his hot map work I think he deserves a domain entry. Best location (imho) would be above sector since the hierarchy is domain, sector, subsection.

Here you go: 35724

It'll be part of the 1.1.2 stuff if that's ok, as v1.1.1 is with FG atm.

Cheers
MBM

esmdev
May 19th, 2020, 14:45
Here you go: 35724

It'll be part of the 1.1.2 stuff if that's ok, as v1.1.1 is with FG atm.

Cheers
MBM

Looks good to me. I don't see the need for it before 1.1.2.

alfarobl
May 19th, 2020, 17:21
Hi, can you include the errata separately as well so that we know what is errata and what might be an error?

Yes, I would like to know were to look for changes... MBM can you provide some more details on which sections to check? Is probably an official errata going to be posted?

MadBeardMan
May 19th, 2020, 17:23
Changes for the Errata are going to be listed in the 1.1.2 thread.

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
May 19th, 2020, 17:42
Changes for the Errata are going to be listed in the 1.1.2 thread.

Cheers,
MBM

Thank you! Will subscribe to that thread to be notified when you add those.

esmdev
June 2nd, 2020, 20:18
Seems like they re-re uploaded the 1.1.1 update. Also for some reason they repeat the update information 3 times (again, did it in last update too).

chumbly
June 3rd, 2020, 01:38
Classic loaded as 1.1.1 Unity loaded as 1.1.2

MadBeardMan
June 3rd, 2020, 10:44
Classic loaded as 1.1.1 Unity loaded as 1.1.2

Wow, thanks I'll speak to FG again.

Cheers,
MBM