PDA

View Full Version : Tablet PC's

osarusan
January 28th, 2007, 07:02
I love Fantasy Grounds a lot, but I have a question about a possible feature for maybe the next version. (I hope it's not too much to mention this.)

I use my tablet pc for gaming, and I tried the demo for fantasy grounds. It works great on my desktop pc, but the only problem is that it wasn't really usable with the tablet text input... Since my tablet doesn't have a keyboard, I have to use the on-screen keyboard (or, many programs allow you to use a mini screen keyboard to input wherever there is a text input option).

I think it would be great if Fantasy Grounds were able to support tablet PC input in the future versions.

aberto2k
January 30th, 2007, 01:39
I'm a Wacom tablet user and I plan on switching to a tablet PC (hybrid) in the near future so I'd like to see that option as well.

Be seeing you,

AB

osarusan
February 2nd, 2007, 03:59
I don't know what it would entail to make it possible, but since lots of programs work with tablet PC's, I would guess it shouldn't be too hard?

If you're not familiar with how tablets work, when you select a text box, a small icon appears. Clicking on that icon opens up the handwriting recognition/on-screen keyboard. When FG is running, the icon doesn't appear, therefore there's no way to enter text without a keyboard. :-( I really hope this can get added!