PDA

View Full Version : Book 3 - High Guard

MadBeardMan
April 1st, 2020, 23:11
Folks,

Been carried away these last few nights, i'm about half way through the text conversion for the book.

When I finish the conversion the Book will contain all the text, all the data and all the spacecraft.

What would you like as a minimum working in the ruleset for it please. I've tinkered with the Combat Tracker and think a very basic CT will be possible, but I want to know what you expect as you'll have to pay money for Highguard and I wouldn't want you to be unable to 'use' it, if you understand my meaning.

Btw I posted a sneak peek on my Twitter feed, here it is 32943 for all those that don't use Twitter.

Progress on this Book
Reference Manual: 100% done
Spacecraft Data: 100% done
Tokens: 100% done

Features with versions
v1.2.0
Initial Release of High Guard ruleset changes.
Basic Spacecraft Combat Tracker - Be able to drag NPC ships and PC Ships onto the CT. Init will be manual, phases will work, all actions will be manual
PC Spacecraft Sheet
NPC Ships can be converted to PC Ships by Dragging them across from the Spacecraft List to the PC Spacecraft List.

v1.2.1
PC Party Sheet - new tab for Craft. Drag the PC Crafts into here, to then be able to link them to Characters.
NPC/PC Spacecraft Actions Tabs. Create those actions to then work in the Ship CT

v1.2.2
Critical Effects in the CT

Of course, like everything the above is all subject to change, depending on many things.

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
April 2nd, 2020, 08:10
Great work, MBM

JohnQPublic
April 2nd, 2020, 19:38
I'm more familiar with the little black book version of Traveller but am starting to get into Mongoose 2e. I haven't spent much time in the ruleset yet so I may be off base with some of this.

I would like to be able to build a ship with drag and drop.

Once a ship is built I would like to be able to track damage by section and ammo for weapons, weapon range modifiers, RoF, and such.

I want the relevant crew skills to be linked to character sheets (but manual entry is prob ok too).

How about cargo? The party sheet is nice, but I would REALLY like to have another group inventory area for ship storage. When adventuring I put loot in the party sheet inventory and then they can fight over it, I can sell it off, etc. But if we also put the ship storage/cargo in there it becomes difficult.

Again - just off the top of my head without really looking into the ruleset.

MadBeardMan
April 2nd, 2020, 19:49
I'm more familiar with the little black book version of Traveller but am starting to get into Mongoose 2e. I haven't spent much time in the ruleset yet so I may be off base with some of this.

I would like to be able to build a ship with drag and drop.

Once a ship is built I would like to be able to track damage by section and ammo for weapons, weapon range modifiers, RoF, and such.

I want the relevant crew skills to be linked to character sheets (but manual entry is prob ok too).

How about cargo? The party sheet is nice, but I would REALLY like to have another group inventory area for ship storage. When adventuring I put loot in the party sheet inventory and then they can fight over it, I can sell it off, etc. But if we also put the ship storage/cargo in there it becomes difficult.

Again - just off the top of my head without really looking into the ruleset.

Hello,

The Cargo one is a good idea for a start, I was wondering where to put this, but the idea of the Party Sheet with a 'Ship Stores' and 'Cargo' areas should be simple enough.

At the moment I'm wondering how to allow you to edit/link characters to a spacecraft, it's just a data item so need to see how Starfinder works and see what's possible.

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
April 2nd, 2020, 20:13
You can also check Star Wars Ruleset they have some basic support for starships that you can see on your charsheet linked to it.

MadBeardMan
April 4th, 2020, 12:52
You can also check Star Wars Ruleset they have some basic support for starships that you can see on your charsheet linked to it.

Hi,

You got a link to which ruleset as there are at least 4 SW rulesets.

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
April 4th, 2020, 16:01
Hi,

You got a link to which ruleset as there are at least 4 SW rulesets.

Cheers,
MBM

I only am aware of two versions... the original Star Wars ruleset (not CoreRPG based) and the new one CoreRPG compatible using Genesys:

ORIGINAL STARWARS
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24151-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Age-of-Rebellion-Force-and-Destiny-v2-ruleset

GENESYS/STARWARS CoreRPG
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53302-Genesys-(FFG-RPG)-work-in-progress

mrgrey
April 4th, 2020, 19:41
I understand there's also a Saga edition one, but I don't know if it's core based.

MadBeardMan
April 4th, 2020, 23:46
I only am aware of two versions... the original Star Wars ruleset (not CoreRPG based) and the new one CoreRPG compatible using Genesys:

ORIGINAL STARWARS
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24151-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Age-of-Rebellion-Force-and-Destiny-v2-ruleset

GENESYS/STARWARS CoreRPG
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53302-Genesys-(FFG-RPG)-work-in-progress

Hi Chap,

Thanks - if you go to the Wiki - Community rulesets shows the 4 I mentioned, so which of the two you linked is the one you want me to look into for linking PC's to Ships

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
April 5th, 2020, 00:31
I was talking about FFG new system. You can check both to see how the Dice Pool tool works... I believe that they do send the dice to the master for him to validate the roll. And regarding the ships inside the charsheet the first one does it. The new Genesys one probably not yet but code might be inside as it is a port of the first one but revised and modified to work with new CoreRPG. So it might have easier code? Good luck and hope it helps!

chumbly
April 11th, 2020, 09:49
MadBeardMan, I don't know if you saw the Fantasy Grounds Friday Video for 4/10/2020, but FG showed off some WIP features being worked on
in Core RPG and base code for inclusion up to other rulesets. I think you will be interested in the sidebar enhancements being worked on for future
inclusion(it would have an impact on your rulesets). but more immediately relevant to Traveller HighGuard implementation, there is work
being done on having a Theater of the Mind Map Frame, tied into the combat tracker. I suspect that feature/ code could be directly relevant to High Guard
Fleet Combat and Capital Ship combat. Just suggesting you watch the stream on Twitch, or youtube when they finally post it over there. It should give
you something to think about in your planning.

Chumbly

MadBeardMan
April 11th, 2020, 12:03
MadBeardMan, I don't know if you saw the Fantasy Grounds Friday Video for 4/10/2020, but FG showed off some WIP features being worked on
in Core RPG and base code for inclusion up to other rulesets. I think you will be interested in the sidebar enhancements being worked on for future
inclusion(it would have an impact on your rulesets). but more immediately relevant to Traveller HighGuard implementation, there is work
being done on having a Theater of the Mind Map Frame, tied into the combat tracker. I suspect that feature/ code could be directly relevant to High Guard
Fleet Combat and Capital Ship combat. Just suggesting you watch the stream on Twitch, or youtube when they finally post it over there. It should give
you something to think about in your planning.

Chumbly

Hi Chumbly,

Thanks for posting this. I'll do just that today. I was going to watch yesterday but was heavy inside MoN and didn't want to stop.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
April 21st, 2020, 21:54
Evening All,

Got back working on Highguard tonight, onto Chapter Nine - Belt Mining. It's got the text converted so just building the tables etc.

Should get Chapter 10 & 11 done tonight. I'll be showing more on my Twitter feed.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
April 24th, 2020, 11:59
Morning All,

The Ref Manual is done text wise. Now formatting all the Spacecraft data, about halfway through at the moment. Should have this all completed by the weekend.

Been chatting with BackwardOracle regarding some ship stuff I can add whilst we work on the CSC updates.

Cheers,
MBM

sallerin
April 24th, 2020, 17:13
Bravo and thx for the news!

alfarobl
May 9th, 2020, 17:04
MBM have you seen the Errata for High Guard by CoAuthor Andrew Welty on Feb 2020?

https://forum.mongoosepublishing.com/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=122504

MadBeardMan
May 9th, 2020, 17:33
MBM have you seen the Errata for High Guard by CoAuthor Andrew Welty on Feb 2020?

https://forum.mongoosepublishing.com/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=122504

Nope, as I have the latest PDF available and have confirmed to go off of that.

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
May 9th, 2020, 18:15
Nope, as I have the latest PDF available and have confirmed to go off of that.

Cheers,
MBM

I only have the Physical Book for High Guard. Does the latest PDF that you have those changes or should I be Ok with my current stats on the book? Will I see many changes on Fantasy Grounds when you get to it? Thanks.

MadBeardMan
May 9th, 2020, 18:18
I only have the Physical Book for High Guard. Does the latest PDF that you have those changes or should I be Ok with my current stats on the book? Will I see many changes on Fantasy Grounds when you get to it? Thanks.

Depending on where you bought the physical book you should have gotten the PDF as well. If it's from DTRPG then just download the latest version and always go from that version when comparing with the FG data. For example, the Core rulebook was updated Feb 2018 and so I go off of that, and the updated CSC when I converted it.

There are no official errata from what Matt told me, they just update them en-masse and then update DTRPG.

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
May 9th, 2020, 18:42
Depending on where you bought the physical book you should have gotten the PDF as well. If it's from DTRPG then just download the latest version and always go from that version when comparing with the FG data. For example, the Core rulebook was updated Feb 2018 and so I go off of that, and the updated CSC when I converted it.

There are no official errata from what Matt told me, they just update them en-masse and then update DTRPG.

Cheers,
MBM

Unless you buy it directly to Mongoose it does not include the PDF as far as I know... I bought that Book at Amazon. That is why I asked if the drivethru PDF does include some errata from that post on the forum or it is just the same stats. As english is not my natural language, I am requesting you to do me a favor to check.

MadBeardMan
May 9th, 2020, 18:54
Unless you buy it directly to Mongoose it does not include the PDF as far as I know... I bought that Book at Amazon. That is why I asked if the drivethru PDF does include some errata from that post on the forum or it is just the same stats. As english is not my natural language, I am requesting you to do me a favor to check.

Mongoose supports the Bits and Mortar scheme, so if you buy from a store (not Amazon) you get it for free if both sides support it.

Mine on DTRPG is showing as last updated, in 2016. So I'll email Mongoose now and double check as I'd have expected it to have been updated since then.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
May 9th, 2020, 20:00
The last .PDF update to high guard was September 1, 2016. It is unlikely that the ship stats updates from the forum are in any print or digital version. On the forums they are listed as semi-official errata.

MadBeardMan
May 11th, 2020, 23:29
The last .PDF update to high guard was September 1, 2016. It is unlikely that the ship stats updates from the forum are in any print or digital version. On the forums they are listed as semi-official errata.

Folks,

Spoke with Matt and he confirmed that the PDF I have (2016) is the one to go from. He'll advise me when any official (and yes official) changes are to happen.

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
May 12th, 2020, 00:01
Folks,

Spoke with Matt and he confirmed that the PDF I have (2016) is the one to go from. He'll advise me when any official (and yes official) changes are to happen.

Cheers,
MBM

Thank you MBM for your help and providing us with official info on that.

MadBeardMan
May 18th, 2020, 19:14
Folks,

Picked this back up, the Reference Manual is 90% done (just needs the link). I'll edit the first post to include what the ruleset will have ready for when High Guard is released later tonight.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
May 25th, 2020, 18:54
Hi Folks,

Referene Manual is all done, all niggles, bits and links to the internal pages are all there, and I've checked all the ships link to the correct Spacecraft.

All images are done, and all Spacecraft are added as an NPC ship (just like the Core Rulebook Spacecraft).

You will note with High Guard, ships as known as their title and their class/type.

So Mercenary Cruiser is known as the 'Mercenary Cruiser (Type-C)'. This is because there are two different types of 'Free Traders' in High Guard.

I'm going to redo the Tokens so that they fit better with the maps when you first drag them onto a map.

Then its off to FG, so that LordNanoc can start reviewing/testing it all. I expect that to take a few weeks of back and forth between us. That gives me enough time to complete 1.1.2 and then 1.1.3 before 1.2.0 appears.

I've updated the first thread in this giving a timeline of release versions with the High Guard content.

Cheers,
MBM

backwardoracle
May 28th, 2020, 14:53
:) great news, that's excellent work, I did find the tokens on combat maps a little "off" especially the space ones, A total redesign might throw a for more errors up, though (took me some time to line up tokens to fit). More spacecraft maps on the way, some will be posted here for free & some will be available in separate modules for a small fee as suggested.

MadBeardMan
May 28th, 2020, 15:14
Well here you go:

Rotated all the new High Guard tokens 30% anti-clockwise. Took some time and was boring!

Also going to send HG off to Smite Works tonight so LordNanoc can get his testing hands onto it when he can.

Also going to send off Reach 5!

Cheers,
MBM

chumbly
May 28th, 2020, 15:21
Yippe Kayeee!!!!

Chumbly

MadBeardMan
May 28th, 2020, 15:26
Be aware, I have other non-Traveller commitments to complete, so switching to them on/off over the next few weeks, got 2 Call of Cthulhu books, 1 is complete (needs more testing/me checking) and the 2nd, it's a Monster of a book (actually it's 2 books cos it was that big). That ends my current CoC commitment, so then it's just Traveller, some VTM and some WOiN. Spinning up RQ again soon.

Cheers,
MBM

backwardoracle
May 28th, 2020, 16:39
Just the dozen or so, left, awesome, work :)

Serg Barbeau
April 5th, 2021, 06:45
Good day
Maybe this is not the topic, but I do not know where to ask.
I'm trying to automate the build of a High Guard ship, but I've run into some serious content bugs.
For example:
Solar Panels are completely copied from MGT1e, and there are completely different mechanics that are not applicable in MGT2e.
Armoured Bulkheads protect critical areas, but computers and basic sensors do not have tonnage, and accordingly, it is not possible to calculate the price of their reinforcement.
In addition, there are a lot of errors in the calculation of Hull Points and the cost of ships.
Has anyone done any work on the bugs?
On mongoosepublishing.com I didn't find any solutions.

johnecc
April 5th, 2021, 09:20
Hi, it sounds as though your questions are more in regards to the High Guard rules rather than the Fantasy Grounds implementation.

If so, it might be best to ask in the Mongoose forums here: https://forum.mongoosepublishing.com/viewforum.php?f=89&sid=38d64a5d3715f928ba0dd2de561ea137

If I am mistaken, my apologies.

MadBeardMan
April 5th, 2021, 10:16
Hey Serge,

As mentioned by Johnecc, it's best you ask on the Mongoose forums, when people ask these questions we do see errata.

Be aware there's a Q&A with Mongoose and myself on the 9th of this month. This is a good question to ask, as oddly High Guard did streamline a number of issues but there are still a few and this makes it difficult to build the Spacecraft Builder. This is something I'm going to have to tackle in the near future.

Cheers,
MBM

Serg Barbeau
April 6th, 2021, 06:19
Hey Serge,

As mentioned by Johnecc, it's best you ask on the Mongoose forums, when people ask these questions we do see errata.

Be aware there's a Q&A with Mongoose and myself on the 9th of this month. This is a good question to ask, as oddly High Guard did streamline a number of issues but there are still a few and this makes it difficult to build the Spacecraft Builder. This is something I'm going to have to tackle in the near future.

Cheers,
MBM

Hi, MBM
Mongoosepublishing does not want to register me, for some reason, and the administration does not respond to emails.
These questions were asked, some back in 2016, but there was no official answer.
In addition to the 1 in 1 data copied from MGT1 to MGT2 High Guard, many purely mathematical errors were found.
For example, the Planetoid Monitor 50kt has 25k HP, but this is the amount HP of the Standard hull, and it is Buffered Planetoid (+50%HP) and Reinforced (+10%HP).
Solar Pulse Generator has no mass.
The sum of the costs of the systems in the ship's sheet does not converge banally, if you add them all up.
And so on.
I'm confused.

johnecc
April 6th, 2021, 07:57
In that case, you may wish to join the Q & A that MadBeardMan mentioned, you can find out about it and register here: https://fantasygroundscollege.net/events/mgt2-mongoose-traveller-symposium-featuring-matthew-sprange-and-fg-developer-colin-aka-mad-beard-man/

esmdev
April 6th, 2021, 09:02
I had problem opening my forum account on Mongoose as well. I eventually got in touch with Matt on the travellerrpg.com website. He said their anti-spam filter was likely the problem and was able to get me setup.

MBM is only able to implement the rules as written for Fantasy Grounds. He's not a Mongoose employee and Mongoose doesn't, to my knowledge, read these forums.

Your best bet for talking directly to Matt is the Q&A (Matt runs Mongoose). He can also be found on travellerrpg.com which is operated by Far Future Enterprises (the owner of all Traveller) but I'm not sure how often he drops by there.

Serg Barbeau
April 15th, 2021, 09:58
Hi, all!
I finished the ship's constructor. I did it in Excel (without macros), because I don't know any programming languages.
You can test it.
Gray fields - select or fill in. Red font - formulas. Missing data - green font in the tables.
Maybe this will help someone.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s6UJoLeP7RfbwzV-mzNj52qUerqNb9Fz/view?usp=sharing

pheanox
April 18th, 2021, 19:26
I have a question and a couple suggestions if you don't mind!

My question first is, what do I do with the Crew tab? I can't seem to drag my players in to it, or anything. Is there a tutorial or is there just no functionality there yet?

My suggestion: In the Notes section for Running Costs, could we split that in to two columns, one for Ship Maintenance, and the other for Life Support? A third column would be good for the monthly mortgage also just to have all that finance information in one place.

Another suggestion I guess (not specific to High Guard), can we get the "Spare Parts" material either in Items or Trade Goods, Travellers purchase this by the ton to fix critical hits. I suggest my Travellers should have some on hand before they get hurt just in case.

GregRex
April 18th, 2021, 21:53
Hi pheanox!

I have a question and a couple suggestions if you don't mind!

My question first is, what do I do with the Crew tab? I can't seem to drag my players in to it, or anything. Is there a tutorial or is there just no functionality there yet?

The SCT and the player Spacecraft record are still works in progress. Once the newest iteration of the planned Spaceship tools is live I will make a video tutorial for sure! For now, check out this thread:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?65940-Spacecraft-Combat-Tracker-How-To

My suggestion: In the Notes section for Running Costs, could we split that in to two columns, one for Ship Maintenance, and the other for Life Support? A third column would be good for the monthly mortgage also just to have all that finance information in one place.

Another suggestion I guess (not specific to High Guard), can we get the "Spare Parts" material either in Items or Trade Goods, Travellers purchase this by the ton to fix critical hits. I suggest my Travellers should have some on hand before they get hurt just in case.

I think this is great. I will make some notes for MBM. Keep the ideas coming! We have a feature request thread stickied here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64531-Features-wanted

RobP
May 14th, 2021, 06:50
I have a slightly different question. I have High Guard in print form and I'm considering getting it for Fantasy Grounds. Are there any advantages to doing this? I'm guessing there isn't much automation due to the inherent complexities of High Guard. If it is to be used solely as a reference, I guess I could get away with just using the physical book in conjunction with Fantasy Grounds?

esmdev
May 14th, 2021, 18:01
I have a slightly different question. I have High Guard in print form and I'm considering getting it for Fantasy Grounds. Are there any advantages to doing this? I'm guessing there isn't much automation due to the inherent complexities of High Guard. If it is to be used solely as a reference, I guess I could get away with just using the physical book in conjunction with Fantasy Grounds?

Starship systems and combat are part of the High Guard expansion. The work on these systems is ongoing and improving over time but most starship functionality went into High Guard because ship building was part of High Guard so all the systems that would require having a ship ended up there as well.

Pharoid
May 14th, 2021, 19:13
I Thought I saw a snippet/teaser on twitch from MBM about further dev work on the SCT and assigning crew roles etc... any word or further teasers? :-) I'm not holding my breath for integrated starship creation automation. that seems like a 3+ year project at best. RPGSuite is/was going to do a kickstarter for their traveller starship creator and it looks awesome. I've been following that for a couple of years.

RobP
May 15th, 2021, 12:09
Starship systems and combat are part of the High Guard expansion. The work on these systems is ongoing and improving over time but most starship functionality went into High Guard because ship building was part of High Guard so all the systems that would require having a ship ended up there as well.

What is provided over and above the core rules? On my FG I have a tab for player spacecraft and a spacecraft combat tracker. From playing around I think I can run space combat with what's already there. What does High Guard bring to the table in terms of automation? I wish FG put more effort into describing what you get with a product - would save a lot of time on the forums :)

Surge
May 15th, 2021, 22:35
Starship ... combat are part of the High Guard expansion

So I've just gone pretty heavily feet first into MgT2E and bought £350 worth of the hardback rulebooks directly from Mongoose over about a three week period. Naturally I start looking at what FG has for it (the reason I chose MgT2E for a Sci-Fi system is because I saw FG had official support), and am impressed.

I have no issue with the ruleset being bundled with the Core Rulebook - that makes sense, but to have the ship combat system included in a separate book is a very poor move, and to say it is part of the High Guard expansion is disingenuous. The rules are covered in the Core Rulebook. High Guard simply expands some of these options.

You are going to force everyone who wants to use ship combat to also buy High Guard, despite claiming that the ruleset is included with the Core Rulebook purchase? Even though I will inevitably purchase all of the books if I get around to sorting out an ongoing game with my group, this still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

esmdev
May 16th, 2021, 00:53
It was more because of the way the system was developed that starship combat ended up in high guard.

Starship combat was initially contracted to a third party developer by SmiteWorks for Starfinder, and Traveller was supposed to use a variant on that. The idea, as I understand it, was that the system would be used across various CoreRPG based rulesets. At the time that was only Starfinder and Traveller 1E. Unfortunately there were problems with the developer, and the one that came after that. SmiteWorks sort of gave up on it for the time being.

In the meantime MadBeardMan, Traveller's developer had been working on 2E which was formally released and was working to complete Central Supply Catalog (which required a whole lot of minor adjustments and a reworking of ammo and damage systems plus loads of item data entry). A wide range of other requests also took up time. Plus we were sharing MBM with several other game systems so that also takes up a lot of time.

Around this time SmiteWorks gathered enough capital to hire a couple of full-time developers, one of those was assigned to the long awaited starship system. By then MBM was just in the design phase of High Guard ship systems. Just as a matter of History, prior to this point there were no ships of any kind in FG Traveller, just people using notes for starship data.

With High Guard the first objective was to make it so ships could be entered into the system in a way that the ruleset would be able to use wit an eye to a future starship construction system (not sure where that is on the schedule but not sure it is currently on it). Once we had useable starship data it became possible for MBM to begin to port the starship combat system to Traveller. Some of those systems are still in development as we type.

It is possible in the future things will move around to be more in line with the book organization, but that will take a bunch of time.

We have one shared ruleset developer who is trying hard to catch up with Mongoose, but sadly they are way outpacing him. I think that one or two others are working on non-coding related materials (adventures and such) but they are just getting off the ground. So the general community consensus has been to keep moving forward... though I am sure MBM will read your post and add it to his long list of things to do.

RobP
May 16th, 2021, 11:32
My point of confusion is that I don't yet have FG High Guard (only the printed book), yet, FG MgeT2 seems to support starship combat? My non-High Guard FG has a PC SCraft tab for PC Spacecraft and it has a working Spacecraft Combat Tracker. There is even a Spacecraft Battles button under the Battles option. My conclusion is that the Core Traveller FG set does support starship combat out of the box and that there is enough there to make it genuinely useful!

FG High Guard costs a fair bit - as much as my printed book, so in effect I would be buying it twice. I don't mind doing this if the FG High Guard is bringing something new to the table, such as rules automation. Hence my original question. I'm just trying to clarify what buying High Guard adds to the system as it is a substantial investment (the FG website is very unclear on this) . If it's just data, I'd probably just skip it and manually scan the PDF I got with the rules book into FG.

johnecc
May 16th, 2021, 14:16
I believe that Madbeardman has just recently made changes to the core Traveller system to facilitate starship combat including the placement of pc’s in starship roles to utilise their skills.

Mbm, is constantly working to refine the system. I am not sure what High Guard brings in the way of automation, if any, as I am just starting in a campaign next weekend as a player.

esmdev
May 17th, 2021, 00:31
I believe that Madbeardman has just recently made changes to the core Traveller system to facilitate starship combat including the placement of pc’s in starship roles to utilise their skills.

Mbm, is constantly working to refine the system. I am not sure what High Guard brings in the way of automation, if any, as I am just starting in a campaign next weekend as a player.

I must have missed the change over, since I always have High Guard loaded I just didn't notice. Sorry for any confusion.

MBM would have to weigh in on the specifics of what's what in High Guard.

MadBeardMan
May 19th, 2021, 10:40
Morning All,

To iterate, I'm working on (well have just finished) allowing PC's to use 'Ship Actions'. For the moment those are Weapon Actions.

I have plans to automate as much as possible, including Critical Hits, Power Management, Cargo Holds, Cargo Lockers, Fuel Management.

I've completed some huge campaigns recently and back into the coding side of the ruleset. I need to get Cargo working as Trade is an important side of my own game.

Cheers,
MBM