PDA

View Full Version : Is it a bad idea to buy now?

osarusan
January 28th, 2007, 06:57
With Fantasy Grounds 2 in the works, is it worth it to purchase Fantasy Grounds 1.5f now?

I guess I'm wondering if current users will get any benefits for buying version 2, or discounts? I really enjoyed what I've seen of the game (especially since it can use Iron Heroes rules!) and I'd love to buy it, but if 2.0 is coming out soon, I don't want to spend my money on something that will be obsolete in a month or two...

Griogre
January 28th, 2007, 07:21
Version 2.0 is a free upgrade to owners of 1.5f, so if you like FG it won't hurt you to buy now.

joeru
January 28th, 2007, 07:22
With Fantasy Grounds 2 in the works, is it worth it to purchase Fantasy Grounds 1.5f now?

I guess I'm wondering if current users will get any benefits for buying version 2, or discounts? I really enjoyed what I've seen of the game (especially since it can use Iron Heroes rules!) and I'd love to buy it, but if 2.0 is coming out soon, I don't want to spend my money on something that will be obsolete in a month or two...

FG II is a free update, so you're not paying for anything obsolete if you buy now. As for any discounts when it's released, couldn't say.

EDIT: Damn you Griogre, for being faster than me. :P

richvalle
January 28th, 2007, 14:34
Plus FG 1 and FG 2 will run side-by-side. So even if it takes a while for the Iron Hero's ruleset to be upgraded to 2.0 you can keep playing your game.

rv

osarusan
January 28th, 2007, 17:47
Great! :-) Free upgrade clinches it. Thanks for allaying my fears!

Griogre
January 29th, 2007, 03:52
EDIT: Damn you Griogre, for being faster than me. :P
LOL richvalle use to do that to me all the time. So I feel for you. ;)