PDA

View Full Version : odd token problem

Sgain
April 1st, 2020, 18:08
Hi all;

I like to use a lot of tokens in my games and I've noticed an odd problem, some tokens can't be enlarged (using Control + mouse wheel) they only get smaller - not larger. This doesn't happen to every token but does seem to happen all the time to tokens I take from my Data folder.

It's really annoying.

Is there any way to fix this issue?

LordEntrails
April 1st, 2020, 18:26
Operating system? Ruleset? Extensions/themes/decals?

Repeatable in a new campaign? Can you upload a token that shows this repeatable behavior or perhaps a video?

Sgain
April 1st, 2020, 23:44
Windows 10, Savage Worlds Adventure edition. No extensions. New or older campaign.
Tokens taken out of the Data folder do no increase in size no matter which direction the mouse wheel is moved. Other tokens from other folders behave normally.
Do I have to activate my data folder somehow?

LordEntrails
April 1st, 2020, 23:54
Are you loading your tokens into FGU correctly? It is different than in FGC. See; https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/71270405/Using+Tokens

If so, can you please provide picks and click to reproduce? Thanks!

Sgain
April 2nd, 2020, 18:02
well I did that now. Seems to have fixed the issue for about 1/2 of the tokens. Really odd. I'm just going to resize the images themselves and see if that fixes it.

Sgain
April 2nd, 2020, 18:12
Nope, making the image larger or smaller didn't change the fact that certain ones can not be rescaled larger.
How odd. All of the images are .png and seem to be the same, but in FGU when I add them to an image only certain ones can be rescaled larger.
Oh well.

Moon Wizard
April 2nd, 2020, 18:36
Can you post a couple example tokens where this issue occurs (unable to scale up, only scale down)?

Thanks,
JPG

Verdigris
April 22nd, 2020, 19:21
I am having a similar issue that I cannot rescale tokens. I'm using the spell tokens from DMs Guild. https://www.dmsguild.com/product/195599/Dungeons-and-Dragons-5e-Spell-Tokens

Verdigris
April 22nd, 2020, 21:23
It's an extension. 5e Enhancer 9.0 results in my not being able to resize tokens.

StoryWeaver
April 22nd, 2020, 22:21
@Verdigris
Download version 0.9.1, it includes resizing. :)

ps. 5E Enhancer only works for D&D, not Savage Worlds as is the case for this bug report.

Verdigris
April 22nd, 2020, 22:30
Thank you. :)

diskdusk
April 24th, 2020, 18:02
I just encountered the same problem in Savage Worlds in "The Eye of Kilquato". There's a few crocodiles in there that just snapped to the grid size when dragging them on the map and trying to resize them via Ctrl-Mousewheel made them jump to the size of half a square, they wouldn't get bigger again after that. I tried around a bit to a point where I took a screenshot of the token, edited it in Photoshop, imported it again, but the problem was still there. Then I had the idea to change the canvas of the png to be a square rather than a rectangle and that was it! Now I can resize the token with ctrl-mousewheel!

stevica
May 7th, 2020, 15:10
I just encountered the same problem in Savage Worlds in "The Eye of Kilquato". There's a few crocodiles in there that just snapped to the grid size when dragging them on the map and trying to resize them via Ctrl-Mousewheel made them jump to the size of half a square, they wouldn't get bigger again after that. I tried around a bit to a point where I took a screenshot of the token, edited it in Photoshop, imported it again, but the problem was still there. Then I had the idea to change the canvas of the png to be a square rather than a rectangle and that was it! Now I can resize the token with ctrl-mousewheel!

That did it for me too. Just make sure your tokens have same width as height.

pindercarl
August 5th, 2020, 17:01
Can you confirm if this is still an issue? I am unable to reproduce with rectangular tokens. Thanks.