PDA

View Full Version : Assets

amanwing
April 1st, 2020, 09:35
Not sure if it is an issue with unity or DnD5. My players can't access the tokens. THey have no assets. What do I need to do to make them available?

Zacchaeus
April 1st, 2020, 10:18
You can't share tokens with players. The Dm will need to allocate them a token if they want to use on on the character. Players can add their own portraits if they want.

damned
April 1st, 2020, 10:32
You can't share tokens with players. The Dm will need to allocate them a token if they want to use on on the character. Players can add their own portraits if they want.

Is this still teh case in FGU?

Nickademus
April 1st, 2020, 14:23
It was possible for players to access and use tokens in classic, though I don't know if this changed as I don't allow my players to access the token bag.

It required the GM to use the token on an NPC that was shared. It would then appear in the token bag for players and a player could pull it to a map that was not locked. Since most GMs lock their maps, this isn't all that relevant.

mattekure
April 1st, 2020, 14:56
In classic, in the tokens/ directory you could share tokens with players by putting them into the shared/ directory. You could not share token modules with players. I believe that has gone away with Unity, and there is no sharing allowed, but I havent tested it in awhile.

amanwing
April 1st, 2020, 15:20
thanks! Good to know

poppy_thompson
April 1st, 2020, 17:26
mattekure is correct. Token sharing from the DM to Players is not currently possible in FGU. Zacchaeus and I explored this issue about a week ago. There is no share folder for FGU.

celebrindal
November 14th, 2021, 04:57
Is there any reason then for players to have an assets button?

Zacchaeus
November 14th, 2021, 09:07
Yes, because in time they will be able to access tokens.