PDA

View Full Version : Lines on map.

yeknom
April 1st, 2020, 03:12
I have lines that appear on my maps that are added in Unity. The same map does not have lines if I put it in the Classic Version of Fantasy grounds. The Jpeg I saved from CC3+ also doesn't have lines in it. This map was added to Unity and it has lines on it. The map's size is 251kb. All of my maps are showing the same issue, regardless of which ruleset I am using. I have tried, 5e, PF, AD&D2e, C&C, SW, Starfinder and CoC 7th Edition. I have deleted the map and tried again. I have remade the map in CC3+. The lines are still showing up. I am attaching a picture that shows the same map in Fantasy Grounds Unity, CC3+, and, in Picture Viewer. Any ideas on how I can get rid of the line?

Andraax
April 1st, 2020, 04:31
Look like grid lines to me. Can't tell if you have the grids turned on, because you've covered up that part of the image window.

yeknom
April 1st, 2020, 04:51
Look like grid lines to me. Can't tell if you have the grids turned on, because you've covered up that part of the image window.

The gridlines aren't turned on. I can add a grid to that map. I double checked after you suggested in case that was what it was. Thanks for the reply.

LordEntrails
April 1st, 2020, 04:58
When you present to the players do they see it in play mode? I suspect it's just a positioning tools when you are creating an image.

Copernicus219
April 1st, 2020, 05:11
I'm almost positive this has been reported and added to issues to be fixed.

Happens on larger images. Here's a close up showing the lines and grid:

yeknom
April 1st, 2020, 05:27
When you present to the players do they see it in play mode? I suspect it's just a positioning tools when you are creating an image.

Yes they do.

yeknom
April 1st, 2020, 05:28
I'm almost positive this has been reported and added to issues to be fixed.

Happens on larger images. Here's a close up showing the lines and grid:

That's it. I didn't realize it had been posted earlier. I'll try to find that thread post on it instead.

Weissrolf
April 1st, 2020, 09:24
Same happens on bought content maps.

Zacchaeus
April 1st, 2020, 10:27
Those are grid lines. A grid is implicit in Unity; and is set to 50px on any new or existing map (unless the map already has a Fantasy Grounds grid drawn on it - for example from a module). You can toggle the visibility of the grid if you don't want to see the lines, as well as resizing it using the grid tools.

Weissrolf
April 1st, 2020, 11:16
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32903&d=1585736185

Shadowmoon49
April 1st, 2020, 12:53
I have the same problem with the lines on the maps with or without grid.

yeknom
April 1st, 2020, 13:33
I have the same problem with the lines on the maps with or without grid.

Same for me.

Patou
April 1st, 2020, 13:39
Those are grid lines. A grid is implicit in Unity; and is set to 50px on any new or existing map (unless the map already has a Fantasy Grounds grid drawn on it - for example from a module). You can toggle the visibility of the grid if you don't want to see the lines, as well as resizing it using the grid tools.

Good morning Z,

I also see what they are referring to on the maps already set-up in ToA where I am at with the players. Take a look at Level 2: Dungeon of Deception-player. The image below shows with FoW up and then without. Tokens will go over this line.

pindercarl
April 1st, 2020, 16:22
Thanks for reporting. This is already being tracked as issue FGU-1002.

Houndy
April 2nd, 2020, 11:07
Thank you Pindercarl.

Doesnt just seem to happen with maps:

pindercarl
April 2nd, 2020, 15:10
Thank you Pindercarl.

Doesnt just seem to happen with maps:

Thanks for reporting, Houndy. This is a separate, but similar issue, that should only occur when using the slash /scaleui command. Let me know if you are seeing this without scaling the UI. Thanks, again.

Houndy
April 2nd, 2020, 15:12
Thanks for reporting, Houndy. This is a separate, but similar issue, that should only occur when using the slash /scaleui command. Let me know if you are seeing this without scaling the UI. Thanks, again.

Hi Pindercarl,

You are correct it is happening after I have used the /scaleui command :).