PDA

View Full Version : Introduction & Looking for games

Crimson Rider
January 26th, 2007, 13:29
Hi, I am new, I am Dutch, and I game.

I've stumbled onto FG via some posts left and right on the net, and it has a cool look and promises some fun. Therefor, I'd like to try it, to game a bit. So there you have it, I am looking for a game. Unfortunatly I am on Dutch time, so GMT+1, so most games apparantly are out. But here is to hoping that someone will pick on this.

I understand and speak English fluently, in fact, for RPG I consider it a better language then my native Dutch, but since Dutch is my native language I might make the occasional error.

I like games that have deep roleplaying and cooperative gameplay, combat is ok but the less rolling of dice the better in my opinion.

Guess it's obvious then that I don't like powergaming, in my opinion those people who thought up the celerity-timestop-planeshift combo's do more harm to the game then good. Likewise, combo-picking, power comparison and the like will have me yawning not playing.

Slow steady, story progress is wat I like, doing what the character would. No matter the game techinical consequences. If there is group or DM that likes a player like that. I'd love to join.

Other then that, I am taking my first steps inside the DM client thing, and am building my own Ravenwood campaign setting into the FG, someday maybe, I'll DM that myself.

Blue Haven
January 27th, 2007, 12:14
Hi there :)
I´m on GMT+0 i´m from europe! do you want to try and run some adventures so that you can get more exp on FG and on DM and we can start the campaign that you have ;) what do you think of that?

calvinNhobbes
January 30th, 2007, 16:11
Hi Crimson Rider,
You sound like an excellent player for my campaign. Unfortunately it is Mondays, 8pm-11pm EST. I believe that is 2am-5am your time. If that is not a problem for you let me know.
cNh