PDA

View Full Version : LOS and monster visibility

Noonien
March 31st, 2020, 11:31
And there is my next Unity noob question:
To make it possible that players moving on the map can see the monsters (or other npc´s) in their line of sight, what is the best practice to enable this ?
For now I have put all encounters on a map into the combat tracker and have pushed the "Show all NPC" button in the top left of the tracker.
Doing this enables the players to see the mobs in their los.
Is there a better way to do this so that I dont need to mess up the combat tracker with much more mobs in it than needed for the actual fight ?

When I have finished with all my noob questions I will summon them up, pretty sure it helps some people that are as noobish as me :)

Houndy
March 31st, 2020, 12:31
It would be a nice feature if the LOS automatically made the creatures visible on the CT.

At the moment what I did is, when the players are getting close to an area where they reveal a monster I then make that monster visible on CT and hope they arnt staring at the CT. Another option would be making the enemy visible after you see their LOS go over it. But again, this is not ideal as you will have to say "Wait!" then enable the character view.

Nazgren
March 31st, 2020, 14:08
Enable mask sensitive visibility on the token. It will be revealed when it enters the party's LoS and be set invisible again when it leaves it.

Houndy
March 31st, 2020, 14:10
Enable mask sensitive visibility on the token. It will be revealed when it enters the party's LoS and be set invisible again when it leaves it.

Ah, that makes sense, then you have to click "show" on the combat tracker to get it show on the CT. Will test that out.

I guess the point stands that it would be nice, for it to automatically show on CT when it is revealed by the players LoS.

LordEntrails
March 31st, 2020, 17:08
Remember, their are other use cases for PC knowledge of NPCs' For instance, I make NPCs visible on the CT when players know about this. It might be when they see them, but it also might be when the players can hear the NPCs and still not see them.

Zacchaeus
March 31st, 2020, 17:56
Visibility is controlled by the visibility buttons on the CT. So no matter what you set the token visibility to if it isn't visible on the CT the token won't be visible on the map.