PDA

View Full Version : Languages not working

Lordwall
March 31st, 2020, 10:55
So we recently upgraded to unity from classic. Everything was pretty seamless except for the language selections. My players cannot change the language to speak in at all. My screen as the DM has no problem changing languages and when I speak in them my players can understand it if they have the correct language just like normal. They tell me they have a blank drop down bar on the language selection on the chat log. We did not have this problem using classic and I want to know if anyone else is having the same issue with unity and thus may just be a bug. Or B how to fix it if it is not a bug. To be clear we used the languages on classic with zero problems. Only after switching to unity did this problem arise. And yes we did go back and make sure the spelling was exact. Thanks for any help.
Cheers.
Please disregard. This error has been reported. FGU-972. Guess they will fix it when they can.

Houndy
March 31st, 2020, 12:34
So we recently upgraded to unity from classic. Everything was pretty seamless except for the language selections. My players cannot change the language to speak in at all. My screen as the DM has no problem changing languages and when I speak in them my players can understand it if they have the correct language just like normal. They tell me they have a blank drop down bar on the language selection on the chat log. We did not have this problem using classic and I want to know if anyone else is having the same issue with unity and thus may just be a bug. Or B how to fix it if it is not a bug. To be clear we used the languages on classic with zero problems. Only after switching to unity did this problem arise. And yes we did go back and make sure the spelling was exact. Thanks for any help.
Cheers.
Please disregard. This error has been reported. FGU-972. Guess they will fix it when they can.

Yes similarly, my players are unable to speak in a language.

Trenloe
March 31st, 2020, 13:07
Logged as [FGU-972] here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50483-FGU-Early-Access-Known-Differences-and-Issues

PMus
March 11th, 2022, 21:08
This language & chat drop down is still a bug as of today and a search for FGU-972 reveal nothing any more.........Can anyone throw some light on this frustration please?

Moon Wizard
March 11th, 2022, 21:24
This is working fine for me on my machine. You are responding to a ticket from 2 years ago. I'm going to close this thread.

If you have an issue related to languages, please post a new thread in this subforum with exact steps to see the issue you are having.

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
March 11th, 2022, 21:24
This language & chat drop down is still a bug as of today and a search for FGU-972 reveal nothing any more.........Can anyone throw some light on this frustration please?
This has been fixed as far as I now some time ago. the FGU-972 tag was something used during the public beta testing of FGU and is no longer hw issues are tracked. If you can, please see the link in my signature on how to trouble shoot and report issues. Proving the extra information there will help us help you resolve this as quickly as possible.