PDA

View Full Version : Client in Demo load keeps losing account settings in FGU.

Rem
March 31st, 2020, 09:53
I have a player on another computer running Demo mode of FGU.

They keep needing to go to settings to re-enter their password to be able to join. If they go to settings it first appears as if a password is there but if they press Login it fails and they need to enter the password.

The impact of this is increased because they do not have admin access and to change the settings need admin to allow the change.

Would you be able to fix this? I would reduce overhead of trying to use FGU.

Trenloe
March 31st, 2020, 11:46
If they see the username and password already there, try not re-logging in each time - just press the OK button at the bottom of the window. Don't press "Login". Does that get them through?

Rem
March 31st, 2020, 12:29
No 'Ok' button but did that using the 'Save' button and yes it did get me through without needing to re-enter password.

To get there still need to grant admin access each time which prevents my son from logging on to my campaign without my intervention; so a bigger deal than it might sound. Not essential though if non-trivial and lower priority; partly because I think I will revert to Classic for running a campaign. Good work is being done however I think Unity is not ready to commit to running a campaign on yet.

I thought I had tried to do that before and failed. Not sure if the sequence of other actions matters, or a software change in the meantime, or simply my memory playing tricks. :)

Thank you for your prompt answer; forum support here is good and appreciated.

damned
March 31st, 2020, 13:07
You should not install apps as Admin. If you need to do this it indicates that there may be an underlying permissions issue.