PDA

View Full Version : PFS2 1-00: Origin of the Open Road PREGEN SUN April 5th @ 11.45 AM UTC

stephan_
March 30th, 2020, 22:27
Level 5 pregen (https://paizo.com/products/btq01zt5?Community-Use-Package-PF2E-Iconics-Pregenerated-Characters) scenario (FG xml (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16900-Files-Pregen-Player-Characters-(FG-format)&p=467598&viewfull=1#post467598)). Make sure to state your pregen preference below.

You can assign this Chronicle sheet to any character of levels 1–5 who does not already have a copy of this Chronicle sheet.

Be aware the current health situation unfortunately causes some unavoidable unpredictability (Internet bandwidth, ...) and may also cause this game to fill up rather rapidly.

Some UTC offsets may have changed recently!

To clarify: This scenario uses the new PF2 rules and will be run as a Pathfinder Society scenario.

Please schedule around 4 1/2 hours for the game (a bit more if there are several new players).

If this is your first PFS2 game, I will need to know your Paizo Organized Play #, your character #, your faction and your current gold (after character creation). You can either put it in the notes tab or send it to me some other way (see below).

If you already played the character you want to assign the chronicle to, please send me your last chronicle sheet so I know the information mentioned above as well as chronicle #, reputation, XP and fame.

In your own interest, make sure the party is somewhat balanced level-wise.

About the scenario:

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for level 5 pregenerated characters.

Over recent decades, numerous incidents at the Pathfinder Society's Grand Lodge in Absalom have damaged the priceless collections, destroying many documents outright. The Society has sent the PCs to Nexus House in the arcane metropolis of Quantium, hoping that the second oldest Pathfinder lodge might contain duplicates of the lost texts to copy and study. Yet the PCs are not the only ones interested in the secrets preserved in Nexus House, and the PCs find themselves on the trail of unlikely criminals.

This adventure makes use of the 5th-level pregenerated characters available as a free download.

Written by Ron Lundeen.

Scenario Tags: None

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds (I have an Ultimate license) and Teamspeak.

Steps before the game:

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=4260), stating which character you'd like to play.

If you apply, make sure you send me your previous chronicle sheet of the character you want to apply this chronicle to (if you already have any chronicle sheet) either here or on Discord (Fantasy Grounds channel). If it is your first PFS2 game, I'll at least need your Paizo Organized Play # and your faction.

Make sure you have updated Fantasy Grounds.

FG alias and Teamspeak server can be found under GM announcements in the game calendar.

Some boilerplate clarifications:

Please apply on the FG forums on both the game calendar as well as in the game thread (if multiple household members are playing, one person per household is sufficient). First, it's easier to tell how many spots are already filled that way. Second, the other players (as well as the GM) know what level and class to expect from your character (if you don't know yet, simply state TBD). Third, you'll get notified about any updates if you post in the game thread (at least about the first one). Fourth, it allows the GM to determine who applied first should it become relevant. Some exceptions might apply.

Also, please be sure to check the thread for new messages occasionally. You don't have to check each and every day or every few hours but please make sure to reply to any posts that do concern you in time. Should you remain unresponsive, I'll give the spot to a player that applied after you (as I won't know whether you are still interested in participating or not). Exceptions might apply, e.g. if you state beforehand that you won't be able to respond due to traveling.

If you apply but don't show up or drop out during the game without notice, in future games I might also give preference to other players who have a better track record of showing up. I am aware though that life and technical problems can always happen, so don't worry if you have a valid reason though.

These rules are not in place to prevent players from playing but in fact to enable players willing to play to actually do so. It's frustrating if I have to turn down players if it turns out they would in fact have been able to play.

jakemtl
March 30th, 2020, 23:07
Applying as Merisiel: Elf Rogue (5). Will try dealing with the mod to get to the xml to change name etc...

Artaron
March 31st, 2020, 01:18
Registered as Kyra.

quark12000
March 31st, 2020, 21:10
I'm interested in this, but I'm very confused. Do we create our own characters or use pregens? Your post above indicates both. Also, what is Teamspeak?

Malkavian_Andi
March 31st, 2020, 21:24
I'm interested in this, but I'm very confused. Do we create our own characters or use pregens? Your post above indicates both. Also, what is Teamspeak?

In this particular case, people will have to play pregens. It's a kind of special scenario that was created to showcase the new edition.
You do get credit for one of your own characters, though, which Stephan will need to know details about, like PFS number and starting gold/xp/fame.

Teamspeak is a client-based voice-chat program.

quark12000
March 31st, 2020, 21:31
In this particular case, people will have to play pregens. It's a kind of special scenario that was created to showcase the new edition.
You do get credit for one of your own characters, though, which Stephan will need to know details about, like PFS number and starting gold/xp/fame.

Oh, okay. I use Discord, so I guess not.

stephan_
March 31st, 2020, 23:22

Nothing too much I have to add, I just forgot to delete the part about players bringing their own characters.

quark12000
April 1st, 2020, 00:06
I'd like to play, if you could tell me what characters are available and how to use teamspeak.

DDySean
April 1st, 2020, 06:59
I was going to sign up till I realized it was at 4:45 am my time. If you are not finding enough players though let me know, i could set a bunch of alarms if you need to fill the table. If you get enough players otherwise ill pass as its really early for me!

stephan_
April 1st, 2020, 08:42
Available pregens: See link in first post (Level 5 pregen (https://paizo.com/products/btq01zt5?Community-Use-Package-PF2E-Iconics-Pregenerated-Characters)).

Teamspeak instructions (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server)

Teamspeak Channel: PathFinder Game Channels - Pathfinder Society

I was going to sign up till I realized it was at 4:45 am my time. If you are not finding enough players though let me know, i could set a bunch of alarms if you need to fill the table. If you get enough players otherwise ill pass as its really early for me!

Sure, thanks, I'll let you know. Unfortunately scheduling games in the weekend is tricky with all the timezones involved.

quark12000
April 1st, 2020, 16:55
I am endeavoring to learn the teamspeak now. I would like to play as Valeros.

Cobain
April 2nd, 2020, 08:54
Hi Stephan,

I will need coffee, but I would love to play Amiri, the 5th level Barbarian human.
I have experiance with Fantasy Gorunds, but mostly in Starfinder. I have played a Quest using PF2 rules on Fantasy Grounds though.

Thanks!

DDySean
April 2nd, 2020, 09:00
I have decided to set my alarm for early and Join you all for the game! I will play Fumbus the Goblin Alchemist (level 5 pregen.) My society number is 30484 and I would like the chronicle applied to my character #2001. He has 5 chronicle sheets so far (the fall of plaquestone, absalom initiation and the first three quests (two were GM credit). He will not be high eneough level to apply this chronicle right away. His faction is Grand Archive and for his Pathfinder training he has three points in the spells. Let me know if there is anything else you need to know.

Thank you so much for providing the game!
PS my brother Jason is going to get up early as well and join us, he should be signing up as well!

Thanks again,
Sean Montgomery

stephan_
April 2nd, 2020, 11:15
I'll see whether it's possible to do the scenario a bit later but that depends on another game.

With that five spots filled, one still open.

Edit: No fame/reputation/gold starting values needed if you don't/can't apply the chronicle immediately of course.

stephan_
April 2nd, 2020, 13:00
One important note: Even though the instructions state: "You can assign this Chronicle sheet to any character of levels 1–5 who does not already have a copy of this Chronicle sheet.", it's probably intended as apply instead, based on feedback from other GMs.

So if you want to assign it to a character with previous chronicle sheets, please let me also know their starting reputation/fame/gold values (though you can also simply put them on the Notes tab in Fantasy Grounds).

quark12000
April 2nd, 2020, 21:56
One important note: Even though the instructions state: "You can assign this Chronicle sheet to any character of levels 1–5 who does not already have a copy of this Chronicle sheet.", it's probably intended as apply instead, based on feedback from other GMs.

So if you want to assign it to a character with previous chronicle sheets, please let me also know their starting reputation/fame/gold values (though you can also simply put them on the Notes tab in Fantasy Grounds).

What's the difference between assign and apply?

stephan_
April 2nd, 2020, 21:59
"Assign" would mean: Wait until your character reaches 5th level to get the rewards (XP, credits, ...).

Apply means you get the rewards immediately.

starcloak
April 2nd, 2020, 22:35
I'm interested! First time playing 2E, and first time playing on FG.

Ezren (human Wizard 5)
Paizo Org Play#: 12879
Play credit will be applied to: Character number: -2004; Faction: Radiant Oath

If you don't have a file of the pre-gen characters to load into FG, let me know, and I will try to make my character in FG on my account to export into your game.

stephan_
April 2nd, 2020, 23:28
Alright, with that all spots filled.

Pregen: See first post. :) (FG xml (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16900-Files-Pregen-Player-Characters-(FG-format)&p=467598&viewfull=1#post467598))

stephan_
April 5th, 2020, 11:39
The server is up.

stephan_
April 5th, 2020, 22:30
Chronicle drafts sent or attached.

My contact information can be found in GM Announcements in the game calendar.

stephan_
April 6th, 2020, 07:46
As next weekend is - technically - Easter/Passover/iEyeCon, I'm assuming everyone will be busy?

quark12000
April 6th, 2020, 11:09
I'll be available. No gathering this year.

stephan_
April 8th, 2020, 15:16
I am currently assuming no game this weekend due to Easter/Passover.

stephan_
April 9th, 2020, 12:39
PFS2 1-08: Revolution on the Riverside SUN April 12th @ 1 PM UTC (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55905)