PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Connections and Files

SoloJoke
March 30th, 2020, 22:01
I'm experiencing a lot of troubles with larger maps and file sizes. At the moment, I can somewhat easily load files exceeding 10 mb when I'm alone, but if I try to load these files while any players are around it instantly freezes and crashes the program. I'm going to be trying out Lan next week to see if that works any better. Does anyone else have problems with this? Or are there any workarounds/fixes? My pc is quite powerful, I very much doubt that has anything to do with it, but it could be my upload speed, I'm not entirely sure how the cload game hosting works.

LordEntrails
March 31st, 2020, 00:21
"cloud hosting" is only network brokering. So it means a FG server works as a translator or intermediary between you and your players. Given the issues with the cloud server right now you and everybody else are just pushing it too much to send such image sizes. LAN connections bypass FG servers and your players connect directly to you.

Transferring data has very little to do with how powerful your computer is, it's about your upload speed (which is typically 10% of your download speed), how many players you have trying to transfer that data from you, and every connection between you and them.