PDA

View Full Version : Disable / HIde Modifier Box

zombielord
March 30th, 2020, 18:06
Looking fora way to disable / hide the modifier box for a theme extension. A search queary turned up empty so I thought I'd ask here.

superteddy57
March 30th, 2020, 18:13
Removing the modifier box would require removing the desktop panel for it. Could comment out the modifier box panel in desktop_panels.xml and place it in the extension. See if that helps.

Trenloe
March 30th, 2020, 19:15
Just removing it from the desktop may not be enough. A lot of action (roll) code will check the modifier stack for any modifiers. I'm not sure if it will gracefully fail if the modifier desktop panel isn't there, or whether it will raise an error and break the roll.

superteddy57
March 30th, 2020, 19:24
Ok out of curisoity, I had to place <invisible /> tags on the elements for the windowclass to hide it.

The location of changes were done in desktop_classes.xml under the modifierstack windowclass

zombielord
March 30th, 2020, 20:37
For some reason the <invisible /> tab wasn't working. I did however try null values for where to anchor it and how large. Seems to work

<!-- Hide Modifier Panel -->
<panel name="modifierstack" modes="host,client" merge="join"><anchored width="0" height="0"><left offset="0" /><bottom offset="-0" /></anchored><invisible /></panel>

superteddy57
March 30th, 2020, 20:42
That's great to hear. I'll post my extension for my method in case it helps someone else.