PDA

View Full Version : The Argument for Player restricted movement.

Houndy
March 30th, 2020, 12:23
I know that in your to be released features you are still discussing whether or not we should be able to lock player movements etc. few opinions:

1. I personally think that players should only be able to move the tokens of the characters they own.
2. I also think there should be approve movement option also.

This is especially important with LOS, if a player moves another character and it is a mistake, the fog of war/LOS is now revealed and I don't see how you can undo it except replace the whole fog of war / LOS.

3. Rather than having to approve each movement, a second option could be restricting the movement to their actual movement (But i realise this has issues and is quite complex with effects etc.).

4. Also maybe there should be a "Describe fog of war" option for a player, so that they can reveal the areas they have revealed to the party, so that they can share the explored bits.

5. Would also be good to be able to manually reveal some of the fog of war for the LOS like you have for mask. In certain maps such as the Avernus elf tavern, I think the fog can look quite messy in parts due to the amount of tables and chairs, and I would like the option to reveal some of the messier parts (I dont mean the greyed out bit, but I mean the blacked out bit!).

Just my two cents :) Thank you!

Zacchaeus
March 30th, 2020, 13:28
As regards your fifth point the DM can always switch off terrain objects by clicking on them.

Houndy
March 30th, 2020, 13:47
As regards your fifth point the DM can always switch off terrain objects by clicking on them.

Thanks for the tip, will try that out!