PDA

View Full Version : Ruleset Error (Desktop,mouse,immage control and radial)

MorbiusX
March 29th, 2020, 17:34

I got a ruleset error desktop,mouse,Image control and radial,any body know how to fix this issu?

Trenloe
March 29th, 2020, 17:47
Welcome to the FG forums.

These errors are related to changes made in the recent v3.3.10 update.

What ruleset are you running? If they are SmiteWork provided/maintained rulesets, make sure you're running v3.3.10 - see the version numbers in the chat window.

Are you running any extension? If so, check they're compatible with v3.3.10.

MorbiusX
March 29th, 2020, 18:04

yes i have a few 5 edition extension and got version v3.3.10 ultimate , How can i see if my extension are smitework provided or compatible?(i got does extension long time ago)

Zacchaeus
March 29th, 2020, 18:12
All the ones in your screenshot are from Smiteworks; any that aren't you put there yourself.

You have every extension selected including several themes. You should only select one theme otherwise there may be conflics. Similarly you should only have maybe one or two decal extensions loaded otherwise you'll start to experience memory issues.

In order to check your issue start a new campaign with no extensions loaded and see if you still have the issue.

Trenloe
March 29th, 2020, 18:14

yes i have a few 5 edition extension and got version v3.3.10 ultimate , How can i see if my extension are smitework provided or compatible?(i got does extension long time ago)
OK, we need to take a step back here.

1) Do not load every single extension you have! Many of these are incompatible with other extensions.
2) Only load one theme extension.

Extensions change the base FG code. The more you load, the more chances you have of getting errors.

Only load the extensions you really need. And load the extensions you know are compatible with the version you're running and the other extensions.

Start from a clean slate - no extensions enabled. Then add in one extension and see if that works OK, then add in another - etc.. But don't have lots of extensions enabled - you're just asking for trouble.

MorbiusX
March 29th, 2020, 18:49

ok started a new campaign with no extension and i still get errors from befor and this error...

superteddy57
March 29th, 2020, 21:46
That appears to be an issue with CoreRPG. I would suggest deleting the CoreRPG.pak and running the updater again for a fresh download of the ruleset.

MorbiusX
March 29th, 2020, 23:21
already did that .... it does nt work

damned
March 30th, 2020, 09:04
please post a screenshot of your rulesets directory.

MorbiusX
March 30th, 2020, 13:55

ok here my rulesets directory

damned
March 30th, 2020, 14:00
Very strange. Can you create a CoreRPG campaign? A PFRPG2 campaign?

MorbiusX
March 30th, 2020, 14:45
nope does the same errors

damned
March 30th, 2020, 14:47
do you have two installations of Fantasy Grounds?
search for fantasygrounds.exe on your system...

MorbiusX
March 30th, 2020, 15:45

this is the result of my search....

Trenloe
March 30th, 2020, 16:52
I know you've tried this already, but one of the errors is due to CoreRPG not being correctly downloaded.

Delete the CoreRPG.pak file from the <FG app data>\rulesets directory then do an update.
Try to create a new CoreRPG campaign - not an existing one, create a new one. Does that load OK?

MorbiusX
March 30th, 2020, 17:09
i try it againt , it still get does errors ...should i try reinstalling fantasy ground?

Trenloe
March 30th, 2020, 17:13
i try it againt , it still get does errors ...should i try reinstalling fantasy ground?
Don't try reinstalling at this point.

Can you put the CoreRPG.pak ruleset on a cloud share and provide the link here? It's too be to attach directly to the forums. So we can check it and see if it's an issue with that file specifically.

LordEntrails
March 30th, 2020, 17:36
I haven't followed this whole thread, but their is not an unpacked ruleset is there?

Trenloe
March 30th, 2020, 18:03
I haven't followed this whole thread, but their is not an unpacked ruleset is there?
Not according to the screenshot at the bottom of post #10.

MorbiusX
March 30th, 2020, 18:16
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av4zan9RVBPZpTY9T-dxWcqxkQCa?e=Qi1K4a

here dont know if i did this right ...

Trenloe
March 30th, 2020, 19:06
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av4zan9RVBPZpTY9T-dxWcqxkQCa?e=Qi1K4a

here dont know if i did this right ...
Thanks for that.

The file is somehow corrupted - from about half way through it's just NULL bytes.

As you've deleted this a few times and re downloaded it, then there's an issue with something on your side.

Do you have free space on your hard drive?
Do you have any active backup/cloud sync software pointed at your FG app data directory?

LordEntrails
March 30th, 2020, 19:52
Thanks for that.

The file is somehow corrupted - from about half way through it's just NULL bytes.

As you've deleted this a few times and re downloaded it, then there's an issue with something on your side.

Do you have free space on your hard drive?
Do you have any active backup/cloud sync software pointed at your FG app data directory?
Any chance the user has a WAN Accelerator or their ISP does that has a corrupted cached version? Big stretch I know, but I've seen it on private networks. Of course there I knew the architecture and who had the access to purge the cache.

MorbiusX
March 31st, 2020, 00:05
hey guys thanx for all your help :)

i turn off my firewall, reinstall the corrupted file(coreRPG.pak) and it work this time ...

damned
March 31st, 2020, 02:03

i turn off my firewall, reinstall the corrupted file(coreRPG.pak) and it work this time ...

Well done. Possibly it was caching the download as well and kept giving you the same damaged version.

Trenloe
March 31st, 2020, 09:32

Great news! :)