PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Joining Game

SpoopyDoo
March 29th, 2020, 02:09
Hi everyone,
A couple of friends and I have been trying to set up some games while we're all stuck at home. Our Game Master, Brucewayneis007, has an ultimate account and is the host for the game. Every time we try to join a game we get a message saying "Could not connect to the host..." However, we've already set up a post forward*, but it's still not working. We're not really sure what to do at this point.

Thanks for your help!

*At least we think. We didn't do a UPnP we just did it manually.

Longinius
March 29th, 2020, 02:32
My group is having the same issue

damned
March 29th, 2020, 02:32
Hey SpoopyDoo

Please have teh GM review the Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained thread and the Comcast/XFinity Users thread.

SpoopyDoo
March 29th, 2020, 03:01
Will do

SpoopyDoo
March 29th, 2020, 03:45
So we're still hitting some issues. We've narrowed down that the problem is most likely coming from his Firewall. Unfortunately, he has McAfee firewall and we aren't really sure how to create a port on McAfee firewall. We, at least, figured out how to get to a setting in the McAfee firewall called Ports and System Services, but we don't know how to use that.

Thanks again for your help!

damned
March 29th, 2020, 03:49
If the GM would like me to look at his setup remotely with him please have him send em his email address vy PM.

SpoopyDoo
March 29th, 2020, 03:59
He just PMed you

damned
March 29th, 2020, 04:43
Everyone must be on FGU.
Everyone must be on the latest build.

Iunknown
March 29th, 2020, 05:58
My Mac laptop can connect, but my PC is having issues. Is it windows/mac related?

damned
March 29th, 2020, 06:04
My Mac laptop can connect, but my PC is having issues. Is it windows/mac related?

its not really enough info to make any comment other than Mac and PC should be able to connect to each other.

Iunknown
March 29th, 2020, 06:25
Found the issue, uninstall and reinstall the software
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55145-Updater-Issues

damned
March 29th, 2020, 06:43
Found the issue, uninstall and reinstall the software
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55145-Updater-Issues

Excellent - good luck have fun!

SpoopyDoo
March 29th, 2020, 21:44
Hi everyone,
Our group is seemingly a bunch of dufuses. Currently, teh GM and I have both been able to connect but everyone else can't connect atm. The other players have put in the IP and port, but they're stuck on the screen Attempting Direct Correct. I've told them this process will probably take a while but they've told me to double-check with you guys.

Thanks for your help

superteddy57
March 29th, 2020, 21:50
If they continue having issues after some time, please check with this thread:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55185-Connection-Issues-And-What-To-Provide

SpoopyDoo
March 29th, 2020, 21:52
Hi everyone,
Our group is seemingly a bunch of dufuses. Currently, teh GM and I have both been able to connect but everyone else can't connect atm. The other players have put in the IP and port, but they're stuck on the screen Attempting Direct Correct. I've told them this process will probably take a while but they've told me to double-check with you guys.

Thanks for your help

SpoopyDoo
March 29th, 2020, 21:53
oops did it twice sorry

SpoopyDoo
March 29th, 2020, 21:56
We figured it out. Apparently my group is full of dorks as my GM gave everyone the internal and not the external IP address.

Once again thanks for your help everyone :)