PDA

View Full Version : ASUS AIMesh Node connection issues

Exmortis
March 29th, 2020, 00:30
Hi everyone,

I recently bought another ASUS router to use as an AIMESH node to my RT-AC5300 main router which had to be moved into my office since I work from home now due to all the current madness. I am wired into the node and now none of my family members can connect to our campaign. Everyone can ping my internal IP address, i can connect via localhost on the same computer. The only thing i can think of that changed is I'm using this AIMESH node. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Ex

Exmortis
March 29th, 2020, 00:59
I did some additional playing around and when my laptop was connected to the main router through wifi, anyone could connect to the internal ip without problems. However, when i moved over near the node and was connected to it, no one could log in again.

damned
March 29th, 2020, 02:54
Dont use the new router as a router. Dont use the WAN port on the new router and turn off DHCP on it.

Exmortis
March 29th, 2020, 03:02
Dont use the new router as a router. Dont use the WAN port on the new router and turn off DHCP on it.

It's not plugged into WAN because it's being used as a node by the ASUS AIMESH system. Only thing plugged into it are 2 computers that are in the LAN ports. The cable modem is going into the main router in another room. I've tried hosting other games and I can, but when trying to host FG on my computer that is wired into the node, other computers in the house can't connect.

damned
March 29th, 2020, 03:14
If people cant connect when you are connected to the ASUS but they can when you are connected to the main router then there is some config or security setting on that device blocking them, or possibly your windows network profile is switching to Public.

Exmortis
March 29th, 2020, 03:53
If people cant connect when you are connected to the ASUS but they can when you are connected to the main router then there is some config or security setting on that device blocking them, or possibly your windows network profile is switching to Public.

Aha, you are a genius, thank you! I went and double checked the network profile after you said this and it was in fact set as public. After fixing this, everyone can connect again. Appreciate it!!!!